Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
If caring how I spend $60 makes me a pessimist, then so be it.
Let's be real here. You're gonna buy it. Almost every OSer will.

# 162 ctindal21 @ 05/25/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
If caring how I spend $60 makes me a pessimist, then so be it.

# 163 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:56 PM
No. There is a distinct difference between someone who refuses to see the good in something and someone who spends their money wisely.

# 164 capn_razzamataz @ 05/25/10 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessep07
Let's be real here. You're gonna buy it. Almost every OSer will.
Yep. I probably will. I never said I wouldn't. It all depends on how the demo plays.

# 165 Jessep07 @ 05/26/10 12:02 AM
Speaking for myself, since this is the only NCAA game we're getting this year, I'm happy. The game seems like it's making huge strides over last year and that's exactly what I want--progress.

Unfortunately it seems like I've lost some of the ability to fight for what I want in a videogame. For the most part, it falls on def ears. I hate to say it, but sometimes ignorance can be bliss--but at least I'll be happy with the game. It's exactly what EA wants, yeah I know. But what I want is to enjoy playing as my beloved USC, Tennessee, and Miami with progressive levels of realism and enjoyment as the years go by. Since I personally find this to be happening, I'm content. I obviously don't speak for everyone here...just my ignorant self.

Enjoy nit-picking, because it will only prevent you from seeing the greater good.

# 166 ctindal21 @ 05/26/10 12:04 AM
Quote:
No. There is a distinct difference between someone who refuses to see the good in something and someone who spends their money wisely.
just because someone is pointing out negatives doesnt mean that they are disregarding the positives...if everything is good, then there is no need to point anything out and there is no need for this forum...im sure people dont get on here just to rave about how perfect NCAA is...people have their own take on whats good and whats bad and people spend their $60 for different things...

# 167 Watson @ 05/26/10 12:05 AM
The NCAA Football crowd doesn't listen to listen to reason dude.

# 168 Jessep07 @ 05/26/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
just because someone is pointing out negatives doesnt mean that they are disregarding the positives...if everything is good, then there is no need to point anything out and there is no need for this forum...im sure people dont get on here just to rave about how perfect NCAA is...people have their own take on whats good and whats bad and people spend their $60 for different things...
I agree, but there are people who refuse to acknowledge the progress that is being made. It just baffles me to know that there are people who choose to focus on the negatives...

# 169 ctindal21 @ 05/26/10 12:09 AM
Quote:
I agree, but there are people who refuse to acknowledge the progress that is being made. It just baffles me to know that there are people who choose to focus on the negatives...
yea i can understand your stance on that, there are some people who focus solely on negative but ay thats their opinion, their $60, and their loss if they dont buy the game because of it

# 170 capn_razzamataz @ 05/26/10 12:09 AM
Quote:
Just because we're not praising certain things doesn't mean there aren't things worth praising. They did a good job with accessories. Overall, the graphics have improved (even if some colors are wonky and big teams still have inaccuracies in their uniforms). Locomotion is supposedly much better and the new blocking system seems to be better than before. EDIT: And how could I forget team specific entrances?!?

BUT...

Lets be honest. Its FAR easier to criticize than it is to praise. I don't think I've made any unreasonable requests. I just want colors to be correct for goodness sakes. EA themselves said their new lighting system allows them to tweak colors on individual objects easier than before.

Look. The game has certainly appeared to make huge strides this year. I won't deny that. I don't think anybody will. However using history as a guide I feel like I'm ripe for disappointment. Just last year I remember being awestruck leading up to the release of Madden 10. There looked to be so much stuff added/tweaked/whatever that it looked like a whole new game. Upon playing it for a week however I realized its the same old car, just with a new coat of paint and some new gadgets that didn't even work well.

# 171 Jessep07 @ 05/26/10 12:19 AM
Quote:
Just because we're not praising certain things doesn't mean there aren't things worth praising. They did a good job with accessories. Overall, the graphics have improved (even if some colors are wonky and big teams still have inaccuracies in their uniforms). Locomotion is supposedly much better and the new blocking system seems to be better than before. EDIT: And how could I forget team specific entrances?!?

BUT...

Lets be honest. Its FAR easier to criticize than it is to praise. I don't think I've made any unreasonable requests. I just want colors to be correct for goodness sakes. EA themselves said their new lighting system allows them to tweak colors on individual objects easier than before.

Look. The game has certainly appeared to make huge strides this year. I won't deny that. I don't think anybody will. However using history as a guide I feel like I'm ripe for disappointment. Just last year I remember being awestruck leading up to the release of Madden 10. There looked to be so much stuff added/tweaked/whatever that it looked like a whole new game. Upon playing it for a week however I realized its the same old car, just with a new coat of paint and some new gadgets that didn't even work well.
Fair enough, I see your point. I don't share your opinion of Madden 10, but that's fine. What it seems to me is that EA has made the majority of us aware of the tendencies that they have...they put out feature-upgrade info, we salivate, and then they have a propensity to leave out some content. We're trying to break the mold of being Pavlovian dogs, I totally get that and I understand.

It's so difficult, though, because I want a good NCAA football game so badly that I feel like I'm willing to overlook shortcomings to appreciate the positives. Kinda sad, no?

# 172 Jessep07 @ 05/26/10 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Just because EA made changes doesn't mean we can't point out if something is obviously wrong.
that's not what I'm saying...ugh. Nevermind...

# 173 Jessep07 @ 05/26/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Lol I will be doing a lot of roster editing. Look how big Young is in the game. looks like a damn TE. & I dont know wassup with that lighting system. looks like the colors are pale. I still will be at wal mart at midnite to buy this game. despite all of my complaints. I think this game will still be the ish. Its college football guys. Its not perfect, but its the only one we got.
THANK YOU

# 174 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/26/10 12:38 AM
Lets hope it looks right when its shipped..

# 175 BakerWildcat4life @ 05/26/10 01:56 AM
@ Jesse, dude can't agree with u more.... Obiviously there will always be things wrong with the game, I mean at the end of the day its still a video game, and there are just somethings the software isn't able to do... yet

# 176 NDFan1029 @ 05/26/10 02:12 AM
It's nice to see that the helmets are finally shinier at night under the bright lights like they should be. In the past, all the detailing had looked awful during night games.

# 177 NDFan1029 @ 05/26/10 02:23 AM
It's probably safe to say that they will NEVER have neutral site games, because they would have to design 50+ new stadiums to accommodate all the additional sites, and some games like the ND vs. Army game are being played in Yankee Stadium, and there is no way they would put a baseball-specific stadium into a football game for a one time contest. Then there would be completely different neutral site venues the year after and more stadiums to design, etc. Wayyy too much work.

# 178 Husker88Chief @ 05/26/10 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
It's probably safe to say that they will NEVER have neutral site games, because they would have to design 50+ new stadiums to accommodate all the additional sites, and some games like the ND vs. Army game are being played in Yankee Stadium, and there is no way they would put a baseball-specific stadium into a football game for a one time contest. Then there would be completely different neutral site venues the year after and more stadiums to design, etc. Wayyy too much work.
Keep in mind that the "New Era Pinstripes Bowl" will take place in this Stadium too. A lot of these stadiums are Bowl sites already loaded into the game. All they would have to do is create an alternate theme for the stadium.

Plus, some of these like FedEx Field, are already created stadiums in Madden and could theoretically be brought over into NCAA without a redesign. Although there may be file format and compatibility issues.

# 179 IndyBronco @ 05/26/10 08:57 AM
The Boise State uni's look rough-like some people have already mentioned. The gray to white facemask isnt a big gripe of mine but the size of the players is worth mentioning-hopefully they all dont look like they are on roids like last years game where everyone looked like they were from USC using the special sauce.

# 180 IndyBronco @ 05/26/10 09:00 AM
Not being a huge fan of prima donnas in football-I will focus more on the gameplay as far as a determining factor in the success/failure of this game. But like MrMagic stated-it's all we got for college football and if dynasty mode is good, then everything should be fine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.