Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to Pastapadre, via OXM, NBA Live will be renamed NBA Elite.

Quote:
"The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon."

Magazine image scan here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 noshun @ 06/01/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Learn to separate the differences and enjoy all games for what they bring to the table.
Let me correct you for a second.

Why are you even mentioning comparing both NBA games? Im only talking about Live and Live only, so half your post is moot, as you keep bringing up the other basketball game. Why?

You feel Live has caught up. If that's the case, why is EA rebranding this game as Elite? Why is this the 6th time they are starting over on nextgen?

DNA has relegated playing defense moot, rebounds still hit the floor(just like in Live 07) but not as regularly. The cpu is in godmode when they have the ball. It's unreal. While there are good things in this game, the basics of basketball are bad if not deplorable. And they take away from the game bigtime.

Let me guess, it doesnt happen in your version of the game.

Not to hijack this thread, so moving on.. I have no hope for Live(neither did EA) hence rebranding it Elite, and will remain skeptical.. I will still check things out as I love the NBA regardless

# 122 Pared @ 06/01/10 09:50 AM
I'm just glad EA doesn't feel the same way BS does. We would get nowhere.

They know the work that is necessary for this franchise. Like I've told others, I'm going to just wait and see.

# 123 Pared @ 06/01/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The blurb under the sequence of photos mid-left caught my eye. They shouldn't even let bigs like Shaq have those moves as an option. If you try it with Shaq, nothing happens. Put in dribble/move packages like 2K.
But the reality is these players CAN do these moves, just not very well.

As long as there is a consequence, it works. If Bynum does one, slow, awkward crossover, maybe he can get away with it. Try to cross back immediately... Turnover.

# 124 23 @ 06/01/10 11:33 AM
If Bynum is still attempting crossovers in the new game there is a major problem.

I turned his dribble rating down to 0 in Live 10 and he still had moments where he attempted crossovers and stepbacks, just not as much as without and edited roster.

It shouldnt even be programmed for him to do stuff like that.

# 125 Shakedowncapo @ 06/01/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
They know the work that is necessary for this franchise.
Could have fooled me.

# 126 RayAllen20 @ 06/01/10 09:39 PM
Wow I just realized that this whole NBA Elite thing is very very smart by EA. Think about it; NBA Live 09 outsold NBA Live 10 despite being much worse. Most people who saw NBA Live 10 said screw it, they've already given me terrible games. Then went and picked up 2k since lately they've given out some good games.

Now if EA makes NBA Elite 11 with a brand new cover template, then those people will think it's a brand new game, and people who weren't so fond of 2k10 would love to try a new basketball game. Even if they don't know much about it.

# 127 tabulaRasa @ 06/02/10 04:36 AM
Since they have a inferior product for years, they renmane their game ELITE? Come on. Watch EA PR this game to get some sales, because NBA2K will kick their *** yet again. Elite? .....

# 128 franzis @ 06/02/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunqlao
So....am I the only one seeing that they seem to have just copied 2k isomotion and shot stick?
I mean, the spin move control is EXACTLY the same of 2k...

# 129 jtownboy15 @ 06/02/10 11:02 AM
They didn't copy isomotion....remember freestyle dribbling had similar controls

# 130 ODogg @ 06/02/10 11:06 AM
For you people saying this is just a name change, was it just a name change when Triple Play became MVP Baseball? Or was it a different game that played vastly better?

# 131 23 @ 06/02/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For you people saying this is just a name change, was it just a name change when Triple Play became MVP Baseball? Or was it a different game that played vastly better?
The better question is, did a rugby guy head up the project?

# 132 ODogg @ 06/02/10 11:24 AM
I enjoyed EA's PS2 rugby game!

# 133 halltj2 @ 06/02/10 11:27 AM
I'll give it a shot. I like the effort...it takes a lot to change the name and copy the competition. Seriously though, NBA 2K is a great series, but it's not perfect, so EA stepping there game up will just assure us both titles keep at least trying to get better. And if this doesn't work out for EA they can always work on buying the NBA license.

# 134 Victory23 @ 06/02/10 11:34 AM
Hopefully it encourages them to make the game better.

10 was a huge step in the right direction, and I hope they build on it.

# 135 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 06/02/10 11:47 AM
The real time Physics to me is HUGGEEE. No more canned animations and getting sucked into blocks and layups. I am really lookin foward to this game. I loved the controls last year , but I will hold judgements on the new controls , I like the looks of it and the amount of control you have over player and ball

# 136 loadleft @ 06/02/10 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The better question is, did a rugby guy head up the project?
Exactly!!! LOL

If this was any other company I think we'd all be excited but w/EA... I just don't know. I really really hope that I am wrong but I can't let go of there well earned reputation! I am still trying to soldier through Live 10 post patch, because I just don't like 2K's dribble moves being on the left stick. I don't so much mind the shot stick part I just want to be able to have more control over body movement than 2K's system allows. In theory this new direction sounds good but as "us doubters" have already stated we see the potential for this to be something other than just giving the user more control.

# 137 brahmagoul @ 06/02/10 01:54 PM
I don't even know if EA deserves the wait and see approach. How about the show me something approach. I won't give it much thought or even worry about it, unless it gets great reviews.

# 138 Bolt957 @ 06/02/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
What the heck does that mean?
It means their still crap under a new alias.

# 139 Hassan Darkside @ 06/02/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Someone mentioned it in another thread but Triple Play took a year off before the name change.

# 140 dexvex @ 06/02/10 07:39 PM
"One thing I want people to understand is that we are building off of the great work that was in NBA Live 10. Most everything people liked about the game is still there. We are not starting from scratch."

People can stop bitching about a reboot

"Even for gamers who choose to use the button controls instead of the new hands-on controls, the game is so improved they will still want to experience all it has to offer."

People can now stop bitching about controls.

Wait and SEE

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.