Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Ben has posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, this one discussing the dynasty wire.

Quote:
"In its most basic terms, the Dynasty Wire is your central source for the stories in your Online Dynasty. The latest story is the first thing you see when you enter the dynasty or access the Dynasty website, which helps keep the Dynasty fresh since that lead story can be different every time you get into your Dynasty. There are three basic types of stories: Weekly Updates, Game Recaps, and User generated stories - and I'll get into each of these in a bit. First I wanted to give a quick example of what you might be greeted with when you access your Dynasty from both the console and the web."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 prowler @ 06/15/10 01:11 PM
Here's what worries me:

Quote:
Dynasty members can create a story about anything they want. Absolutely anything (as long as it passes the profanity filters) can be a subject for your story. Sign the top prospect in the nation? Let them hear all about it. Win the Heisman? What better way to rub it in than to create a story with that player's greatest highlights. About to play your biggest rival? Create a preview story filled with highlights from previous contests.
I can just imagine it now:

Trailing by six with less than a minute to go, senior quarterback Chris Essex connects with Cody Spikes on a six yard strike to lift Cumberland to a 32-31 victory over Morehead State.

That's how it should look, but we'll end up with this:

Trailing by six with less than a minute to go, senior quarterback Chris XXXXXXXXXX connects with XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX on a six yard strike to lift XXXXXXXXXX to a 32-31 victory over XXXXXXXXXX.

# 2 Kobalt @ 06/15/10 01:19 PM
Good read, thx for posting this.

# 3 BenGerman @ 06/15/10 01:21 PM
Cool, it was a nice read. The screenshots look awesome. The menus this year are freaking great.

# 4 Solidice @ 06/15/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
How is that possible when easportsworld only allows us to upload a certain amount of videos.
I don't think the dynasty wire media counts as your limited uploads for EASW. after you finish an OD game, the media will upload to dynasty wire and not your account.

# 5 Solidice @ 06/15/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I LOL'd hard at the; "Cool Story Bro" comment in the picture.
that and the "1st" comment.

# 6 Jistic @ 06/15/10 01:56 PM
Can we do 1 person online dynasties so that we can publish our offline dynasties?

# 7 The GIGGAS @ 06/15/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Can we do 1 person online dynasties so that we can publish our offline dynasties?
Indeed you can. That's my plan.

# 8 tyler289 @ 06/15/10 01:57 PM
At first I wasn't interested, but this looks REALLY cool.

# 9 Jistic @ 06/15/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Indeed you can. That's my plan.
Thank you kind sir. This may be the greatest game ever. All those times I spent hours on my dynasty site for one f'ing game recap. This will be epic.

# 10 The GIGGAS @ 06/15/10 02:03 PM
Trust me, I spent a LOT of time on my recent Akron Zips dynasty. I'm also looking forward to this. This will make it a lot easier for everyone to share dynasties.

It would be even more amazing if they had RSS feeds, so that people could just plug it into an RSS feed reader and go.

# 11 prowler @ 06/15/10 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I LOL'd hard at the; "Cool Story Bro" comment in the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that and the "1st" comment.
And the "Hi Ben" in one of the photos, it was just so random.

# 12 HokieB @ 06/15/10 02:05 PM
I'm doing a solo Online Franchise too. Now I can recruit while my wife watches all her TV shows.

# 13 The GIGGAS @ 06/15/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm doing a solo Online Franchise too. Now I can recruit while my wife watches all her TV shows.
Also, you can recruit during down times at work. Which is pretty much all of the time!

It is too bad, though, that comments are only for members of the dynasty. It would be cool if bystanders could comment, but that's alright.

# 14 HokieB @ 06/15/10 02:12 PM
For solo Online Dynasty folks, it would be nice for the CPU to generate stories for big games you aren't involved in. Just so you are more immersed in the big picture.

I guess with the way it is, it will be like visiting hokiesports.com or something.

# 15 The GIGGAS @ 06/15/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
For solo Online Dynasty folks, it would be nice for the CPU to generate stories for big games you aren't involved in. Just so you are more immersed in the big picture.

I guess with the way it is, it will be like visiting hokiesports.com or something.
Isn't there some kind of weekly wrapup thing?

# 16 HokieB @ 06/15/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Isn't there some kind of weekly wrapup thing?
I'm sure there is on the console, but it sounds like the Dynasty Wire stuff only involves HUM controlled teams.

BTW, I'll be refreshing this page everyday:

http://www.easports.com/dynasty

# 17 HokieB @ 06/15/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
they already do this...they have national papers u can read and ur own campus papers that generate stories bout just ur school and what theyre involved in
yeah, I was talking about it being viewable online and not just on the console though. No biggie.

# 18 Palo20 @ 06/15/10 02:30 PM
Really in depth great stuff.

Hoping maybe Adam can comment: can we do an offline dynasty and then "upgrade" at any time to an online dynasty?

# 19 jeremym480 @ 06/15/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Also, you can recruit during down times at work. Which is pretty much all of the time!

It is too bad, though, that comments are only for members of the dynasty. It would be cool if bystanders could comment, but that's alright.
Exactly, this is feature is going to be beyond awesome. Although, I'm sure my work productivity, relationship and OS overall score will suffer due to this.

# 20 yanks26ngoin @ 06/15/10 03:10 PM
It looks cool, but I am extremely dissapointed because it seems as if offline dynasty users got left in the dust and offline dynasty will look and feel the exact same way as it did last year. I really hope they did something to this effect with offline dynasty as well, because I would have loved to see this dynasty wire type of thing in an offline dynasty. And no Ben Haumiller, I will not create a single player online dynasty just to take advantage of this thing when xbox live, my isp or the ea server can always go down for a while and I would not be able to play it, when I wouldnt have to worry about any of these things playing an offline dynasty.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.