NHL 2K11 News Post

Game: NHL 2K11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / WiiVotes for game: 8 - View All
NHL 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vince @ 06/17/10 01:29 AM
SMH at those crazy goals.

I know it is the wii, but still.

Robbie Schremp-ing it on a breakway? c'mon.

# 2 tabulaRasa @ 06/17/10 06:06 AM
A bit over the top on the super moves.
I wish 2K focused on SIM style again and on the 360.

# 3 Blzer @ 06/17/10 10:01 AM
Wait, I'm asking this seriously... is this trailer for the Wii? Because those visuals look terrible! Don't even get me started on the over-the-top goals.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see some posts above saying it's for the Wii. Good riddance, I thought they messed up the PS3/360 visuals here! Maybe that also explains some of the wacky moves that we could possibly do with the Wii controller.

# 4 FlyingFinn @ 06/17/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
And to think. WWTC was going on and on about how awesome 2k11 was going to be. Its clear, they've completely lost touch with what actually made the NHL2k series great last gen.
No doubt... Maybe he is following George Costanza's advice... It's not a lie if you believe it

# 5 jaiman @ 06/17/10 04:20 PM
As a 2K fan (loved 2k10)... this sucks

# 6 l3ulvl @ 06/19/10 01:48 AM
This honestly looks like "Nhl jam" to me. Whats with the guy flipping the puck in the air to himself on a breakaway, has any player ever actually done this?

# 7 Radja @ 06/19/10 11:43 AM
for 2k's target audience for the Wii, this is a great idea. they are not targeting sim people. they are targeting family's and Wii type players.

i like sim games. my 12 year old nephew simply wants to make his uncle look stupid. if we play the game and he pulls that move off and scores on me, 2k11 is the most awesome game ever.

# 8 onlybygrace @ 06/19/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
for 2k's target audience for the Wii, this is a great idea. they are not targeting sim people. they are targeting family's and Wii type players.

i like sim games. my 12 year old nephew simply wants to make his uncle look stupid. if we play the game and he pulls that move off and scores on me, 2k11 is the most awesome game ever.
Indeed.

Clearly thier focus as a company has shifted and with that shift will also come the complete demise of 2k hockey.

Final nail in the coffin: NHL Slapshot.

Fatality

# 9 Radja @ 06/20/10 03:19 AM
it could be the nail from a sim standpoint, but the true nail is lack of money. video hockey games at best are not the cash cows other sports are. but they can bring in enough money.

2k changed the way hockey video games were played. they failed to keep their audience and allowed EA to take over. but while EA has catered to the sim audience, the main reason EA took over was the game was fun. be a pro opened a whole world to a lot of people who would never have played this way before.

now the gap is just widening like crazy. the parallels to the 2k / EA basketball are almost identical when it comes to gaps. nba live just continued to make huge mistakes and now they have to start all over. there are a lot of people, like myself, who have completely written off that game. not everyone reads the internet to change their opinion.

if 2k starts over and gets enough momentum and money from the Wii year, they might be able to make a 2k12 game that brings people back. they cannot come out with any major flaws, even patchable flaws or they will not recover without a complete and total failure on EA's part. that is extremely likely to happen. from what i can tell, this is their most successful game when it comes to customer satisfaction.

i really like 2k10. but it took the patch, good sliders, a good price and some time to truly appreciate the good things in it. in spite of that, i would be leery about spending $59.99 on 2k12 without renting first.

# 10 Evan_OS @ 06/20/10 06:07 PM
They should of made NHL 2k11 on PS2.

# 11 Flyermania @ 06/20/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
They should of made NHL 2k11 on Wii.
Ummmm....they are. That is the system this trailer is for.

# 12 havoc00 @ 06/20/10 06:54 PM
this looks awful

# 13 Evan_OS @ 06/20/10 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Ummmm....they are. That is the system this trailer is for.
I ment to say Playstation 2 because of the graphics, LMAO.

# 14 onlybygrace @ 06/22/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
That's pretty much what they've done the last few years anyway, put all their eggs in one basket with NBA since Live was so bad for so long it almost guaranteed sales, and coast with the rest of the line. MLB2k actually isn't a horrible game this year it just has a couple of kinda big issues what with the lack of errors and downright broken player progression. NHL on the other hand so badly needs a brand new core engine it's not even funny at this point. Either kill the title outright, like you suggest, or finally do it justice on this crop of hardware.

I'm beginning to think the real difference between EA and 2K is that EA reads the OS Forums, and 2K doesn't.

lol...seriously though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.