Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

NCAA Football 11 will be available in stores tomorrow, July 13th, and a patch will be available at the same time. Based on feedback from the community on the Demo, and internal testing, we have addressed several issues after the game was sent to Microsoft and Sony. The following changes were made for the July 13th patch:
  • Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.
  • Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.
  • Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.
  • Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.
  • Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.
  • Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.
  • Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.
  • Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.
  • Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player's speed to decrease to 70%.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.
  • Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.
  • Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.
  • Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

Source: NCAA Football 11 Blog

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 xxjgbxx @ 07/14/10 11:42 AM
had this patched been released yet or no...

# 142 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/10 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
had this patched been released yet or no...
No one knows for sure. Pesrsonally I think this patch was the initial update that you recieved when you loaded the game for the 1st time. Would be nice if someone from EA would address yes or no about this. Typical of Developers to go into hiding after a release, but I'm sure they will say they are on a long needed vacation. Lol

# 143 xxjgbxx @ 07/14/10 11:50 AM
ya i downloaded something on fri night and havent downloaded anything since so i was just making sure i wasnt going insane here

# 144 ODogg @ 07/14/10 12:06 PM
I'm thinking what FLIGHTWHITE says is right, and it's unfortunate for us. But i'll bet that patch we got last week (the early release people) WAS the "release day" patch.

# 145 Barto @ 07/14/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm thinking what FLIGHTWHITE says is right, and it's unfortunate for us. But i'll bet that patch we got last week (the early release people) WAS the "release day" patch.
Unfortunately, i think it's pretty evident the release day patch is all we have received so far. It seems like this is the 4 or 5th year we've had the same sort of problems and have been waiting on a patch.

It's pretty sad that this continues to happen and all of us suckers continue paying $65 for an incomplete half assed game on launch day.

# 146 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
Unfortunately, i think it's pretty evident the release day patch is all we have received so far. It seems like this is the 4 or 5th year we've had the same sort of problems and have been waiting on a patch.

It's pretty sad that this continues to happen and all of us suckers continue paying $65 for an incomplete half assed game on launch day.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you Barto. This game gives the bang for the buck. One of the few times that this is the case though. Peace!!!!

# 147 LambertandHam @ 07/14/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I'm gonna have to disagree with you Barto. This game gives the bang for the buck. One of the few times that this is the case though. Peace!!!!
That's the sad thing for me. I'd be playing to my hearts content right now if it wasn't for some of the annoying bugs.

# 148 Barto @ 07/14/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
While i will admit this years version seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessors, it is hard for me to enjoy a game when you can't perform the most routine of plays, i.e., a play action pass.

How this bug wasn't fixed is totally inexcusable. I lost a game yesterday because i had 2 safeties due to that bug.

In my estimation, that's inexcusable in terms of quality control.

# 149 LambertandHam @ 07/14/10 12:47 PM
News from the main EA board.

Hey NCAA Fans,

We have deployed a couple of server fixes tonight that I wanted to make you aware of (as of Wednesday, July 14th 10:45AM Eastern):

1. We had to bring down the Season Showdown Servers due to a crash some people were seeing. What that means is you will see an error message going into and out of some (or all) of your games you play. This WILL NOT affect anything other than Season Showdown stats, so do not worry about the error. We will fix this as soon as possible.

2. We've had to temporarily remove the ability the create custom rooms in our Online Lobbies. Again this was causing a crash some people were seeing. We will restore the ability to create rooms as soon as we have a fix in place, be assured this does not affect your ability to play games through our lobbies so feel free to continue to challenge anyone you see!

I apologize for any inconvenience these problems have caused and assure you we are working on fixes for these (and other) issues for NCAA Football 11. Thank you for playing our game and we are working hard to ensure this is the best NCAA Football game to date.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football 11

# 150 #85_on_a_mission @ 07/14/10 01:02 PM
Any info on the patch?

# 151 Skyboxer @ 07/14/10 01:11 PM
You know..I know the PA glitch is annoying etc.... but I still am having TONS of fun and call live with it until the patch. It's really not that huge a deal to me.

# 152 ODogg @ 07/14/10 01:13 PM
Me either, I know what plays to avoid. And the workaround for the CPU if it does it. Just hope they get a patch by Madden at least.

# 153 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/14/10 01:18 PM
Well it was a lot of EA and Sony reps on here last night, like 5 or 6 of them that I seen. So hopefully the patch will be out soon.

Plus the dedicated glitch thread and format we have now on this website should speed up things because now they know exactly where it is happening so they can easily recreate it and see it for themselves.

# 154 TechnOmaha @ 07/14/10 02:37 PM
yeah ODogg I'm kinda sorta new, basically have been comin here every year since 2006 to check up on news and just finally made a profile to comment. Sorry to beat a dead horse I guess.
But don't get me wrong, I loooooooove the game!

# 155 TechnOmaha @ 07/14/10 02:40 PM
Hey "barto" I've found if you pause the game whilst the "play-action" bug is in play it stops it and I just try to roll out and get an incomplete

# 156 Barto @ 07/14/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnOmaha
Hey "barto" I've found if you pause the game whilst the "play-action" bug is in play it stops it and I just try to roll out and get an incomplete
Thanks for the heads up. A guy in a Clemson forum that i frequent (that is the team i use) said it's the Play action Bootleg play that has the bug/glitch.

I'm going to test it out tonight and then try your suggestion. If it's just that play, then i'll make sure not to pick it in the future til the problem is resolved.

Thanks again.

# 157 ODogg @ 07/14/10 05:40 PM
It's Play Action Screen that does it for me, not sure about Play Action bootleg.

# 158 whogotme @ 07/14/10 05:44 PM
where is this patch. I cnt find it. I think i downloaded something when I qst put it in but id didnt say patch. i own ps3..please help

# 159 Barto @ 07/14/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
It's Play Action Screen that does it for me, not sure about Play Action bootleg.
Have you tried the play in "practice" mode to see if the glitch exists there?

If it does, it would be a good way to weed out which plays are glitchy.

I'm going to try that tonight when i get home.

# 160 Solidice @ 07/14/10 06:23 PM
Quote:
the only one I've seen that is broken(based on practice mode) is PA Boot Screen. it's in several formations and most are broken(I think).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.