Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

NCAA Football 11 will be available in stores tomorrow, July 13th, and a patch will be available at the same time. Based on feedback from the community on the Demo, and internal testing, we have addressed several issues after the game was sent to Microsoft and Sony. The following changes were made for the July 13th patch:
  • Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.
  • Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.
  • Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.
  • Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.
  • Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.
  • Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.
  • Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.
  • Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.
  • Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player's speed to decrease to 70%.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.
  • Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.
  • Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.
  • Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

Source: NCAA Football 11 Blog

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ExtremeGamer @ 07/12/10 02:00 PM
I've had the playaction QB glitch (where everytime he's run for a safety) happen to me 3 times by the CPU. I've seen it too many times and yeah, it's an annoying bug. I've posted videos of 2 of them on here even.

# 22 sportskid84 @ 07/12/10 02:04 PM
The patch is already out!

# 23 jello1717 @ 07/12/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
All I see is a video of it happening. How do you know that it's the CPU doing it and not a user controlled QB?
Because Rynoaid controlled Texas A&M against a CPU controlled Oklahoma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psumason
LOL at all the fun in this thread.

It is a new play in NCAA 2011, that appears to have an animation glitch.

A few known solutions:

1. Don't call the play till the play is fixed via a patch

2. Call the play and quickly hit a button to get out of the animation
Once again, the CPU can't do either of those.

# 24 ExtremeGamer @ 07/12/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Wait so it's confirmed that it happens to the CPU as well?
At least for me, I've seen it 3 times. I have no reason to make it up, and I posted the vids on EASportsWorld.

# 25 bcruise @ 07/12/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I've had the playaction QB glitch (where everytime he's run for a safety) happen to me 3 times by the CPU. I've seen it too many times and yeah, it's an annoying bug. I've posted videos of 2 of them on here even.
Thanks EG. Was just looking for confirmation of it.

And judging by the video that's definitely a major bug that will need to get patched. Ones that affect the score are big deals - there was one in the Show that happened with even more frequency that I would consider gamekilling.

It probably happens more often when playing certain teams because not every playbook probably has that play.

# 26 jello1717 @ 07/12/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
And so you get to the CPU as fast as you can and sack him. Consider it a busted play.... which is what I'll do.
It happens so rarely it seems that it's really a non issue (Let alone a gamebreaker) and can be overlooked until a fix is in.
The video I posted and Extreme's reply below show that it's not easy to sack the QB before he runs for a safety.
Quote:

# 27 UNC_Pete @ 07/12/10 02:07 PM
I had to download the patch from PSN in order to play. 1.01 I believe..

# 28 Skyboxer @ 07/12/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Now I can see it being a possible issue depending on the answers to these questions...... How many games EG? You say everytime it's a safety??? Where has the line of scrimmage been on these plays?

Can you not get to him before he gets back that far..

# 29 PVarck31 @ 07/12/10 02:09 PM
I am sure the NCAA team is working on a fix for this. And like someone said, don't start bashing EA. Stuff like this happens. The show had a huge scoring bug.

# 30 Skyboxer @ 07/12/10 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
I am sure the NCAA team is working on a fix for this. And like someone said, don't start bashing EA. Stuff like this happens. The show had a huge scoring bug.
Yep... I still haven't seen a video of it... Can't see at work but trying something else...
Where is a link to a vid of it.. The A&M link I couldn't find the play....

# 31 bcruise @ 07/12/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Yep... I still haven't seen a video of it... Can't see at work but trying something else...
Where is a link to a vid of it.. The A&M link I couldn't find the play....
Scroll past the screenshots on jello's linked page...videos are there.

# 32 ODogg @ 07/12/10 02:15 PM
If the CPU QB takes a safety then when they kick it off to you i'd immediately take a safety as well, then kick the ball back to them. It'd be a workaround anyways.

# 33 jello1717 @ 07/12/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
So I'm not online. I'm old school and just buy the game and play it. So basically what this is saying to all the offline players is, sorry, you're screwed? The game is flawed right out of the box? Awesome.
I'd imagine that pretty much every single game is flawed right out of the box. NCAA wouldn't be any different.

# 34 bcruise @ 07/12/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If the CPU QB takes a safety then when they kick it off to you i'd immediately take a safety as well, then kick the ball back to them. It'd be a workaround anyways.
Yeah, I thought about that and it might be the way to go until this gets patched...the only problem is that you're giving the CPU extra field position that you didn't get. (on the safety punt) Probably the only way to make it fair, though.

Hopefully we don't have to see this bug and use that workaround too many times before it gets patched.

# 35 Skyboxer @ 07/12/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Scroll past the screenshots on jello's linked page...videos are there.
Lol Duh!!.... Thanks BK

Ok.. and wow the QB moves pretty freaking fast it seems..

Ok what if the speed settings were on slow and the speed thresh hold was adjusted to realistically set a difference between fast and slow players? Would that make it better in terms of getting to the QB before the safety?

Probably over thinking it as I'm sure a fix will be here soon...

# 36 SteelerSpartan @ 07/12/10 02:18 PM
well as long as they get it fixed quickly then it'll be ok

Now when you have things like this linger for weeks and months.....and lets face, EA has a track record of that.....then I think its fair to get ticked off

# 37 ODogg @ 07/12/10 02:20 PM
It sucks but if you're not able to at least temporarily access online then you're going to have to expect issues to crop up in games right out of the box and, in my opinion, start figuring out how you can get your console online, at least temporarily. Bugs have been around as long as video games have been programmed.

Thankfully in this day and age we have online connectivity to be able to address bugs, unlike in the years past when one was just screwed by them. Whose fault is it if people choose to ignore, or are unable to, take advantage of that aspect of today's technology?

I don't like bugs anymore than anyone else but personally I think it's pretty silly that not only do people expect game companies to program perfect games but then they expect when they don't that somehow they should be able to figure out how to get a fix to you when you're not online like the majority of other gamers in this day and age are.

So in my opinion, bottom line, is that you should get your console/PC's online if you plan on playing games or quit complaining.

# 38 ExtremeGamer @ 07/12/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Now I can see it being a possible issue depending on the answers to these questions...... How many games EG? You say everytime it's a safety??? Where has the line of scrimmage been on these plays?

Can you not get to him before he gets back that far..
3 times in about 15 games.

The QB is fast as hell when he takes off, and all 3 times have been inside their 25 yard line, so I have come no where near catching him.

I can give you my links later if you like, or just hit EASportsWorld and search for ExtremeGamer, they are there. I've also posted them here somewhere, but it would be in my post history.

# 39 Skyboxer @ 07/12/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
So I'm not online. I'm old school and just buy the game and play it. So basically what this is saying to all the offline players is, sorry, you're screwed? The game is flawed right out of the box? Awesome.
You don't have internet at home?

# 40 bh446066 @ 07/12/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Because Rynoaid controlled Texas A&M against a CPU controlled Oklahoma.

Once again, the CPU can't do either of those.
If it happens to the cpu I will:

1) Laugh my as$ off

2) Take a safety on the following kickoff and give the ball back to the cpu.

Fixed...

I bet it gets fixed, though, just my gut feeling.

edit: I see ODogg already suggested this...my bad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.