Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

IGN has just revealed EA's new boxing game, titled Fight Night Champion.

Check out the 2 screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"Fight Night Round 3 set the gaming world ablaze with its gorgeous E3 demo back in 2005. Now EA Sports is returning with the fifth iteration in the sports franchise, dubbed Fight Night Champion coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011. And, just in case you're wondering, this is not an expansion to Fight Night Round 4. Fight Night Champion will be its own standalone disc when it launches at retailers. When that will be in 2011 is anyone's guess.

There will be between 60 and 65 boxers on the roster for the final product and users will implement the new "Full Spectrum Punch Control" to move the combatants around the ring and throw some of the most devastating punches ever seen in a Fight Night game."

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Complex @ 07/20/10 07:28 AM
Just saw this on IGN. Interesting

# 2 SHAKYR @ 07/20/10 08:28 AM
This is a waiting and see for me.

# 3 Money99 @ 07/20/10 10:16 AM
THIS:

Quote:
"Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing."
Hopefully this means we'll have a lot more to do outside of the ring in shaping our boxers careers; training, diet, life choices, etc.

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 07/20/10 10:51 AM
Hmm. I'm salivating. FN4 is a great game. Best in the series but it's not without flaws. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out especially with this new control scheme.

# 5 J-Clutch1 @ 07/20/10 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
THIS:

Hopefully this means we'll have a lot more to do outside of the ring in shaping our boxers careers; training, diet, life choices, etc.
I love career modes like that.

# 6 bigsmallwood @ 07/20/10 11:24 AM
I hope that it is a great game just like FN4!!!

# 7 Bamtino @ 07/20/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
THIS:

Yea hopefully that's what it is but i am expecting something EXTREMELY cheesy which is what we always get from EA...

# 8 The Visualizer @ 07/20/10 01:01 PM
I'm just pleased that we are getting another Fight Night within a year, still play FNR4 with my buddy weekly and am looking forward to the new innovations

# 9 Money99 @ 07/20/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
Yea hopefully that's what it is but i am expecting something EXTREMELY cheesy which is what we always get from EA...
When I first read it I thought of the scripted documentary style career mode that PrizeFighter had. I hope that's not the case.

# 10 NINJAK2 @ 07/20/10 06:10 PM
This game needs to focus on individual player movement in the ring imo more than anything. There was really no effective way to move in and out of space of your opponent. Everybody lumbered in and out the same way....garbage. Terrible footwork..but good looking game.

# 11 KidFlashy @ 07/20/10 08:03 PM
Like I been a fan of "Fight Night" into Round 4 wasn't really feeling the fighting system. But I hope they go back to the old fighting system on "Fight Night Round 2" even tho they had a lot of bugs in the game "Fight Night Round 2" was the best boxing game.

# 12 MizzouBravesFan @ 07/20/10 11:26 PM
Here's to hoping that this new FN can take a large leap forward similar to the strides NCAA made this year.

The locomotion and physics engine and the new punching system along with the revamped Career Mode have me intrigued...cautiously intrigued though.

# 13 BlueNGold @ 07/21/10 04:18 AM
I know this isn't a big deal but why the name change to "Champion" and not "Round 5"? At first I thought this was a spin-off or something like that and not the direct sequel to Round 4.

Anyways, looks nice graphically as always. Hopefully they fix up all the issues from Round 4 and make a really nice Career Mode (minus the horrible weight class freezing bug that screwed me over). It would also be nice if I didn't get screwed on buying new fighters like I did last year. I want my 100-something MS points back!

Also I'm surprised that they announced this game so early considering it's not coming out until next year. At the earliest we're still 6 months away from the game coming out, if it were to come out in January.

# 14 The Visualizer @ 07/21/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I know this isn't a big deal but why the name change to "Champion" and not "Round 5"? At first I thought this was a spin-off or something like that and not the direct sequel to Round 4.

Anyways, looks nice graphically as always. Hopefully they fix up all the issues from Round 4 and make a really nice Career Mode (minus the horrible weight class freezing bug that screwed me over). It would also be nice if I didn't get screwed on buying new fighters like I did last year. I want my 100-something MS points back!

Also I'm surprised that they announced this game so early considering it's not coming out until next year. At the earliest we're still 6 months away from the game coming out, if it were to come out in January.
the blog said they figured they would change the name now rather than run out of rounds later, they probably could have done better than champion tho

# 15 DaveDQ @ 07/21/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Most of all the title needs to imply newness and freshness. Especially a title that is every two years like Fight Night. Round 5 to me sounds too much like a sequel. It's good to get away from naming each title by round.

# 16 Money99 @ 07/21/10 04:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...night-champion

Quote:
After the disappointing sales of EA's "Fight Night: Round 4", it looks as though the game is boosting the violent imagery in hopes of upping the shock value...
What???
According to VGChartz, the game sold over 2M copies worldwide:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/brows...ht%20Round%204

Quote:
Xbox 360 - 1.17M
PS3 - 1.11M
How can over 2.25M be considered poor sales??? I think that's pretty freakin' good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
the blog said they figured they would change the name now rather than run out of rounds later, they probably could have done better than champion tho
"Fight Night: The Road"

Man, I'm smart!

# 17 DaveDQ @ 07/21/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...night-champion

What???
According to VGChartz, the game sold over 2M copies worldwide:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/brows...ht%20Round%204

How can over 2.25M be considered poor sales??? I think that's pretty freakin' good!

"Fight Night: The Road"

Man, I'm smart!
Maybe they are thinking in comparison to FN3?

# 18 DaveDQ @ 07/21/10 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Disappointing sales is all on the Fight Night team. The removal of buttons..only to add them months later when consumers moved on...is all their fault.
I disagree. FN3 was big in sales because it was the first game to show what these systems could do. Everyone was wowed by the visuals in FN3 and it really carried the game's sales figures. FN4 did great in sales but many saw it as a let down in comparison to FN3.

# 19 eye guy @ 07/23/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
This is a waiting and see for me.

Yip me too. If you look at the pic where Pacquiao's throwing the punch, some things look weird, eg. Winky's body.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.