Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 demo is available now for 360 and later today for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mgford11 @ 07/27/10 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
I couldn't find the link on this, but i think the servers are down for maintenance every Tues morning...Dunno how long, i just know that I'm usually up, and they're usually down...hope thats good enough
I'm just hoping its not something odd with my account or whatever... but yeah, whenever I go to invite friends or just start the demo it can't log me into EAs servers.

# 22 Scoop 24 @ 07/27/10 07:09 AM
the real game is much more polished than the demo. but from what i seen the demo was made a while ago.

# 23 EliteXJaseeXEmA @ 07/27/10 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by die2cry
anyone knows how to get to the demo, I have no iff gold membership?
juust makke another account with new email when it ask if u want to be gold member say no and no again then they shold give u 1 month free xbox gold membership

demo
love johnson
gameflow didnt think i would like but love it
some new animation like my guy jump for the ball to catch a defensive came back and hit my wr when he was trying make a catch and he got hit look like a real hit i seen on tv

just wish they had more playbooks
like this a whole game unlike madden games in the past

and this game was fun i used the gameflow for the first game won 23-17
but first game had 3 injuries that left on the cart one guy torn his leg tendits or w.e it was

going play few more games and see what i like more and dont like about the game

# 24 carnalnirvana @ 07/27/10 07:12 AM
AFTER 2 games 1 with the jets and 1 with the colts, i like what i am seeing for the most part

the commentary is still stale but i was not expecting much

gameplay was refreshing, manning completed some passes that had me going wow, however the AI still has no timing when running curl routes

RB's on the jets dropped their heads EVERYTIME on runs that was nice to see that they at least used some moves.

locomotion actually works once we remove the physic DB AI it plays out nicely i saw minimal sliding by players to make plays

# 25 Rbk @ 07/27/10 07:14 AM
Looks like the deep ball has returned. On allpro I caught 2 deep ones with Edwards and he droped another.

# 26 nhiverson @ 07/27/10 07:15 AM
Played as the Jets won 31-25 on all pro. I took control of Revis on a Manning bomb and it auto strafed lol td. Liking the game alot running is fun. So I guess my questions for the rest of you is auto sprint/strafe on/off I catch myself holding sprint anyway . I tried it on normal speed for a couple plays put it back to slow I'll play a whole game now on normal speed. Also the overlays for the drive summarys and stuff actually pretty cool the doritos play of the game for me was a knee though

# 27 DLight03 @ 07/27/10 07:22 AM
This is the same thing I've said on a few sites now.

I really don't like the new audible system. New gamers might like it, but anyone that is experienced in Madden will absolutely hate it. It takes more time to do less. It feels like you have to click more buttons, to make less happen. I have no idea what kind of a parodoxical world they wanted to create, when making the game faster with GameFlow, then slowing it right back down with the "strategy pad."

For me, this has made the demo absolutely unplayable.

# 28 die2cry @ 07/27/10 07:23 AM
juust makke another account with new email when it ask if u want to be gold member say no and no again then they shold give u 1 month free xbox gold membership

thx

# 29 die2cry @ 07/27/10 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteXJaseeXEmA

demo
love johnson
gameflow didnt think i would like but love it
some new animation like my guy jump for the ball to catch a defensive came back and hit my wr when he was trying make a catch and he got hit look like a real hit i seen on tv

just wish they had more playbooks
like this a whole game unlike madden games in the past

and this game was fun i used the gameflow for the first game won 23-17
but first game had 3 injuries that left on the cart one guy torn his leg tendits or w.e it was

going play few more games and see what i like more and dont like about the game
iŽll try it!!

thx

# 30 jmurphy31 @ 07/27/10 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgford11
I'm just hoping its not something odd with my account or whatever... but yeah, whenever I go to invite friends or just start the demo it can't log me into EAs servers.
Not sure why this is happening either. But every time I play NCAA it does the samething.

# 31 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/27/10 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLight03

I really don't like the new audible system. New gamers might like it, but anyone that is experienced in Madden will absolutely hate it. It takes more time to do less. It feels like you have to click more buttons, to make less happen. I have no idea what kind of a parodoxical world they wanted to create, when making the game faster with GameFlow, then slowing it right back down with the "strategy pad."

I have to agree with you on this bro. I like the old way better. I know the madden Dev team was trying something new. But I feel it didn't come out good. I really hope they can change it back to the old style with a patch update.

# 32 supdog @ 07/27/10 07:35 AM
I cannot understand why they would change the pre play adjustments after all these years. We got to learn a whole new system that seems clunky and takes longer.

# 33 thedudedominick @ 07/27/10 07:38 AM
Well after playing NCAA almost non-stop since it came out, I would have to say madden almost looks cartoonish with the player builds. It is like watching bobble head dolls the players are so skinny, but the helmets so big. Gameplay just feels off, im not exactly sure what about it I don't like, could be because of playing so much NCAA, it just doesn't feel right. Graphically this game doesn't really look like what you would see on the field sundays. I love the presentation, but going back to the players I just saw a replay of Sanchez rolling out and he looked like a high school freshman who hadn't ever been in a weight room yet. The ball travels way too fast for the overall speed of the game as well.

Two words that really kill presentation. Chris Collinsworth. I just heard his rant about not wanting to block these guys and got sick to my stomach.

Also the kicking reminds me of all the old EA sports games, the 90s maddens, and the old PGA games.

# 34 AndyP @ 07/27/10 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLight03

For example, it takes 3 button presses to make a D-line adjustment instead of 2 and the time to do that isn't there to barely make one adjustment let alone any more.

# 35 at23steelers @ 07/27/10 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Well after playing NCAA almost non-stop since it came out, I would have to say madden almost looks cartoonish with the player builds. It is like watching bobble head dolls the players are so skinny, but the helmets so big. Gameplay just feels off, im not exactly sure what about it I don't like, could be because of playing so much NCAA, it just doesn't feel right. Graphically this game doesn't really look like what you would see on the field sundays. I love the presentation, but going back to the players I just saw a replay of Sanchez rolling out and he looked like a high school freshman who hadn't ever been in a weight room yet. The ball travels way too fast for the overall speed of the game as well.

Two words that really kill presentation. Chris Collinsworth. I just heard his rant about not wanting to block these guys and got sick to my stomach.

Also the kicking reminds me of all the old EA sports games, the 90s maddens, and the old PGA games.
I kind of agree with this. There is something that looks out of place with the graphics, although the grass does look great. I don't like the strategy pad at all, although the options within the strategy pad have improved. I really like the way NCAA has it. I like the announcing a lot and the crowd atmosphere is well done. During the game play, it seems the game goes too quick, but the movements are slow. Hopefully, I like it more, the more I play it. I was surprised how much different it is than NCAA 11. Unfortunately, that wasn't a positive difference, besides the commentary and crowd noise.

# 36 thedudedominick @ 07/27/10 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I kind of agree with this. There is something that looks out of place with the graphics, although the grass does look great. I don't like the strategy pad at all, although the options within the strategy pad have improved. I really like the way NCAA has it. I like the announcing a lot and the crowd atmosphere is well done. During the game play, it seems the game goes too quick, but the movements are slow. Hopefully, I like it more, the more I play it. I was surprised how much different it feels than NCAA 11. Unfortunately, that wasn't a positive difference, besides the commentary and crowd noise.
I really like the presentation and the state overlays. The fact that there are real players on the sidelines is sweet too. Other than that I really don't enjoy much about this demo at all. LIke you said game plays fast, but the players move slow.
That old spice thing is very very annoying. "Wham bam thank you for smelling nice" really?

# 37 nhiverson @ 07/27/10 07:55 AM
Have you guys paused it and went to game options and put it on normal game speed try that if you havent.

# 38 PGaither84 @ 07/27/10 07:55 AM
I told Ian that the strategy pad was the only "game killer" for me at CD. I am downloading the demo right now, but unless a change has been made, we also lost a lot of audibles with the new strategy pad. In Madden 10 and prior and in NCAA11 you can call your 5 set audibles, but you could use the right thumb stick to call formation specific audibles as well. With Strategy Pad I don't think we get all of those options.

People were asking for the return of PS2 pre-snap controls and what we have with the demo are pre-snap controls worse than we have ever seen. I don't get it... and I don't see EA changing it thins cycle. Maybe Madden 12, but I highly doubt the will make that big of a patch for 11. Time will tell if enough people "hate" the strategy pad.

# 39 Papi34 @ 07/27/10 07:57 AM
My first impressions are pretty good, pleasantly surprised. After reading the roundtable thread i was really concerned, especially about still not being able to get at the qb and him magically getting rid of the ball at the last minute.
First drive as the Jets i was able to sack Manning three times, but more importantly, he held onto the ball each time and didn't magically get a pass off. REALLY good to see.

WTF is going on with the crowd noise though? After each play it quickly fades out, apart from a couple of voices, until the ball is snapped. Sometimes you get a noise like a herd of stampeding cattle that im guessing is background crowd rumble, but no crowd until the snap.
It seems screwed up because of the coach talking, but even after he finishes there's no noise until the snap, cant even hear any on field sounds. It does the same if Johnson or Collinsworth are still talking as well. Just sounds really bizarre.

# 40 JMD @ 07/27/10 07:58 AM
Just finished my first game with the Demo. All Pro , Game flow off, Accel clock off , Coordinator comments off. Me- Jets , CPU -Colts. Score Jets 42 - Colts 10.

What I like:
Stadium atmosphere is a bit improved.
The overall feel of the game is improved.

What I do not like:
Strategy Pad - hate it, why change up the way we;ve been doing things for years?

Gus Johnson - EA has gone from one extreme to the other. Tom Hammond - dull and boring to Gus Johnson - way to excited on every play and quite annoying. Why can't they just get an announcing team that can make it sound like a real football game? Now it's so over the top it's comical, If I decide to buy this game I'll be turning the commentary off.

This is the 6th installment of Madden on the 360 and I'm still seeing players "skate" Why?

I'm not going to be too critical of a demo but this game feels less like NFL football then 10 did.

Also with the spanking I put on the Colts it appears slider adjustments will be a big necessity.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.