Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

As many of you may know already -- and if you don't it's okay because I'm about to enlighten you -- NCAA's dynasty mode is horribly broken this year.

Since EA Tiburon made the decision to rate recruits lower coming into school (but yet I guess forget to work on the progression of the game), most teams end up with middle of the road talent after years 4 or 5. It's like all of the football talent in America dries up after this year and all you are left with are a bunch of players rated in the 70s. I did a sim to see how bad it was and my Oklahoma Sooners went from a team with A ratings to a team with C+ ratings, yet they still won the Big XII in Year 7 with that kind of talent. Mostly because Texas had slipped to a team with C-s across the board. Baylor actually was rated as D+ (roughly where such powerhouses as UL Monroe and Western Kentucky lie today).

To me -- this just shows how horribly stale Dynasty mode is in NCAA.

Read More - NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ZekeRoberts @ 07/28/10 09:38 PM
I played a game today in the middle of year 3 in the MAC, and Toledo's K was a 42 OVR sophomore. He missed the XP on their only TD of the game. When I saw that, I bumped up sliders so he hit a 20-yd FG in the 2nd half but I was nervous he would miss. LOL! If it weren't for these forums I wouldn't have done that... so you wonder exactly when it starts to feel like the placebo effect.

After the game I went to the rosters to look at how many of these atrocious Kickers there were. Toledo's K was the WORST K in the game at 42 OVR. There were no others. He very well could have been a walk on. These things happen guys!

I looked at the sim stats for the ten worst kickers: a few had XP% of 90 but some also had 100%. FGs were around 40-50% for most of these guys, some higher. Overall that felt a little low, but again, we're talking about COLLEGE not the pros.

I think there is an issue but it is blown out of proportion. Especially the WR ELU ratings. No way are these things gamebreakers for me (maybe for you, but not for me).

# 142 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
I played a game today in the middle of year 3 in the MAC, and Toledo's K was a 42 OVR sophomore. He missed the XP on their only TD of the game. When I saw that, I bumped up sliders so he hit a 20-yd FG in the 2nd half but I was nervous he would miss. LOL! If it weren't for these forums I wouldn't have done that... so you wonder exactly when it starts to feel like the placebo effect.

After the game I went to the rosters to look at how many of these atrocious Kickers there were. Toledo's K was the WORST K in the game at 42 OVR. There were no others. He very well could have been a walk on. These things happen guys!

I looked at the sim stats for the ten worst kickers: a few had XP% of 90 but some also had 100%. FGs were around 40-50% for most of these guys, some higher. Overall that felt a little low, but again, we're talking about COLLEGE not the pros.

I think there is an issue but it is blown out of proportion. Especially the WR ELU ratings. No way are these things gamebreakers for me (maybe for you, but not for me).
That is great news to hear. I had a feeling some people were exaggerating when they say things like the kickers miss every xp in the game and players just stand around.

How much did you adjust the sliders?

Have you seen any difference in gameplay at all in year 3?

# 143 mjarz02 @ 07/28/10 09:53 PM
Yeah Im not so worried about kickers as I am WR elusiveness and juke. After 2 years Highest Freshman or Sophmore ELU rating is 71 Juke was 75. Overall rating an 82. However there are a ton of WRs in the 30-60 range which isnt good.

# 144 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Yeah Im not so worried about kickers as I am WR elusiveness and juke. After 2 years Highest Freshman or Sophmore ELU rating is 71 Juke was 75. Overall rating an 82. However there are a ton of WRs in the 30-60 range which isnt good.
But are you seeing problems on the field with the WR's as in not being able to evade defenders as well?

# 145 dan_457 @ 07/28/10 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
That is great news to hear. I had a feeling some people were exaggerating when they say things like the kickers miss every xp in the game and players just stand around.

How much did you adjust the sliders?

Have you seen any difference in gameplay at all in year 3?
I wouldn't say the kicker thing is overblown. There are good kickers later on, there's not just enough of them. The problem is that schools A: don't recruit kickers until it's a need and B: often times can't even get a kicker because of a lack of interest, and if they do get one, there's a good chance he's not very good.

USC has had a top recruiting class virtually every year, and their kicker is a 49 OVR, Oklahoma has A 68 kicker, which is about 5-7 points above average it'd seem for a kicker now. Miami has a 60 ovr, Georgia has a 60 ovr Auburn has a 45, Alabama has a 66 ovr Tennessee has a 58 ovr, Penn State has a 65 ovr, and Oregon has a 65. These are all elite/very good programs, with terrible kickers. There a good kickers, but there are to many sub 60 kickers when the average kicker should be really more around 70ish, in order to be able to make some reasonable field goals.

# 146 mjarz02 @ 07/28/10 10:03 PM
Quote:
But are you seeing problems on the field with the WR's as in not being able to evade defenders as well?

Ive only played a couple games, but alot of those players arent starting, so its hard to tell.

# 147 mgoblue678 @ 07/28/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts

That is only in year 3 though. There are still some kickers from the default rosters left. The problems people have reported start after all the default roster players are gone.

I keep on seeing people say "I am year 2 or 3 and I don't see any problems." That is because they don't start showing up until all the default players are gone.

# 148 Romeclone @ 07/28/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I wouldn't say the kicker thing is overblown. There are good kickers later on, there's not just enough of them. The problem is that schools A: don't recruit kickers until it's a need and B: often times can't even get a kicker because of a lack of interest, and if they do get one, there's a good chance he's not very good.

There is no question, my kicker in my 2019 sim is the best kicker I have ever seen in Madden or NCAA. He is a 99kpw 99kca don't think it can get any better than that.

Like I said, you can play the game with power teams and still have a lot of fun. Problem is, those guys are few and far between and to make it worse the power teams horde those players.

Of he top 5 qb's in the game in 2019, 4 of them play for 2 teams. Alabama -and TCU have two 93 + QB's. Some teams have 8-9 servicable QB's while others have 3 horrible ones.

# 149 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457

USC has had a top recruiting class virtually every year, and their kicker is a 49 OVR, Oklahoma has A 68 kicker, which is about 5-7 points above average it'd seem for a kicker now. Miami has a 60 ovr, Georgia has a 60 ovr Auburn has a 45, Alabama has a 66 ovr Tennessee has a 58 ovr, Penn State has a 65 ovr, and Oregon has a 65. These are all elite/very good programs, with terrible kickers. There a good kickers, but there are to many sub 60 kickers when the average kicker should be really more around 70ish, in order to be able to make some reasonable field goals.
I'm not at all saying the ratings of the kickers are being overblown. I understand later in dynasty there are a lot of poorly rated kickers. What I was saying are these kickers that bad on the field. Are they really missing every xp like people are saying and if it can be fixed with a slider adjustment like the above poster did I'm personally fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy sean
just played a quick 5 min test in year 5 and I played with a crap team Northwestern (me) vs a #3 ranked Ohio State And I see NO change in gameplay. Now before you guys flame me remember that this could just be me, and Im also using playmakers sliders, so.........
Thanks for testing that.

# 150 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That is only in year 3 though. There are still some kickers from the default rosters left. The problems people have reported start after all the default roster players are gone.

I keep on seeing people say "I am year 2 or 3 and I don't see any problems." That is because they don't start showing up until all the default players are gone.
And I keep on seeing people say after year 1 you see a change im gameplay. I understand if the ratings do indeed translate to poor gameplay the deeper we get into dyansty the worse it will get.

# 151 mgoblue678 @ 07/28/10 10:23 PM
Quote:
And I keep on seeing people say after year 1 you see a change im gameplay. I understand if the ratings do indeed translate to poor gameplay the deeper we get into dyansty the worse it will get.
Not sure why anybody would be saying that. In years 2 and 3 the players starting are mostly from the default rosters.

# 152 dan_457 @ 07/28/10 10:24 PM
Quote:
I'm not at all saying the ratings of the kickers are being overblown. I understand later in dynasty there are a lot of poorly rated kickers. What I was saying are these kickers that bad on the field. Are they really missing every xp like people are saying and if it can be fixed with a slider adjustment like the above poster did I'm personally fine with that.
They really are that bad, I've tried adjusting sliders, but it's just not enough for a lot of these kickers. This video is an example of how bad it can get, this guy(CPU kick) had an OVR in the 50's and wasn't even that close to being the worst kicker in the game, hell he wasn't even the best kicker on his team, there were 3 or 4 players, not Punters btw, who would have made better kickers.

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

# 153 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Not sure why anybody would be saying that. In years 2 and 3 the players starting are mostly from the default rosters.
I read it a few times on here. They saw changes after year 1. I guess they played a team or had a team with a lot of incoming freshman starting.

# 154 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/28/10 10:27 PM
I had to chuckle at that video.

# 155 jfsolo @ 07/28/10 10:27 PM
I'm playing 2016 with two top recruited WR's 95 and 87 OVR respectively. Their speed, acceleration, agility, catching, route running, and release ratings are all excellent, so they are still able to get open and make plays all over the field. Their production is essential what you would expect it to be.

Yes, its clear to see that they don't elude defenders in space very well because of their low ratings in the "shake and bake" categories, thus their effectiveness on screens and in the return game is greatly diminished.

I would be O.K. if I had to play the game this way, but it is something that does need to be fixed.

# 156 dan_457 @ 07/28/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
I had to chuckle at that video.
It is pretty funny, i almost died laughing the first time i saw a kick that bad, and this video wasn't actually the first time i saw a kick that bad, just the first i thought to save and upload.

# 157 mgoblue678 @ 07/28/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm playing 2016 with two top recruited WR's 95 and 87 OVR respectively. Their speed, acceleration, agility, catching, route running, and release ratings are all excellent, so they are still able to get open and make plays all over the field. Their production is essential what you would expect it to be.

Yes, its clear to see that they don't elude defenders in space very well because of their low ratings in the "shake and bake" categories, thus their effectiveness on screens and in the return game is greatly diminished.

I would be O.K. if I had to play the game this way, but it is something that does need to be fixed.
That is two top WR recruits as well. For the most part the 4* and 5* are fine except for in a couple of categories like you mentioned. The major dropoff comes from 2* and 3* players, way too many of those guys end up being terrible. Not saying they shouldn't worse on average than the 4* and 5*, but not as large a percentage should be bad.

That doesn't even factor in all the 1* guys who quite frankly don't belong in the game being signed by CPU teams who end being useless.

# 158 dan_457 @ 07/28/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
yea the ratings are screwed, the depth chart is screwed, There is a senior wr that was fresh to sr year @ ohio state that went +1 in elu over a 4 year period,
houston, we have a problem
This is another big problem, so many teams Depth charts get so out of wack, too much hoarding going on. Also, i've also noticed that The depth chart automatically re-orders itself every year, and it does it in the worst way, by doing this like putting safeties at corner, and having one player playing back up for 3-4 different positions i.e the second string ROLB, is also the back up at middle and ROLB causing huge fatigue issues in the game.

# 159 MacCLovin @ 07/28/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Pasta padre tweeted me a sec ago and said this was being fixed for the upcoming patch...... so maybe they do know and have just kept it hush. who knows.
What's your twitter so i can follow?

# 160 dan_457 @ 07/28/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
BINGO... I think we found the problem... No wonder they act like idoits, they are being overused plus they suck...
I first noticed this problem in year 2 of my dynasty, I was smu vs tulane (i think) any way it was a high tempo no huddle team. It was late in the third quarter, they were on a long drive, they got to around 30 yard line. I could my see guys getting tired, they were all yellow orange, or red. Then on the next play, i called my play and i noticed something weird, i player locked as SS and i noticed my SS that was subbed in was #2, which was odd, so i thought for a second, and realized it was my friggen starting quarterback! I also noticed the 2 or 3 of my wide receivers were at CB! After hit-sticking some fool with my QB at safety lol, i promptly called a timeout to see wth was going on. The problem was that my back up safeties were playing at #3 and #4 corner. This meant my depth chart had no-one to reach for once my Starting SS was tired, and instead of picking the next best player in line, it for some reason grabbed a QB, and WR to play DB's.

This kind of thing could very well be happening to the AI, and might we not even notice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.