Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

IGN has just posted their NBA 2K11 preview, as well as some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Physical play (bodies jostling in the post or when a player drives to the lane) is getting an overhaul this year as well. If you played last year's FIFA game from EA Sports, you'll know what to expect from NBA 2K11. In other words, you're always able to have a sense of control even if your player is bumping into someone else on the court. No matter the collision, the goal of the development team is to ensure that players always feel like they're in control of their player's weight and momentum. I didn't get a chance to get a feel for the feature yet, but I'll be sure to dive a bit deeper the next time I get my hands on the game.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, there are a lot of gameplay changes in NBA 2K11. Far too many to be dished out in a single preview. Rest assured, if you were someone who hated the feeling of being out of control in last year's game, you shouldn't have that problem with NBA 2K11. From spin moves that branch into one-armed pump fakes to those that end in jump shots to dribble animations that can branch into any number of moves, 2K11 seems to have really nailed the look and feel of the NBA with the gameplay revisions."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 eDotd @ 07/30/10 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRocky145xX
Total Control Passing, a feature that made its debut in NBA Live 10, is being brought to NBA 2K11. Simply hold the right shoulder button and you'll be presented with the typical icon passing prompts, then you'll need to either press or hold a player's button to get him the ball. Pressing it will pass it instantlywhile holding it will allow you to control that player manually until the button is released, at which the point the pass will be made.

Cheese move of the Year.
You are aware that could manually control players off the ball since 2K8 right? I don't think it's ever been a major problem.

Plus, I'd expect the AI to be a lot more active in the passing lanes to prevent any kind of abuse.

# 62 23 @ 07/30/10 01:43 AM
Boy is this wait gonna be long

Not talking about waiting for the game, just stuff like

ah it looks like 2k10 stuff... well it IS

I mean the guy said its an "early build" and people are skipping over that part
just to say it looks like last years?

and Shadows come on man, you know the drill... they never give you the meat right in the beginning.

# 63 infam0us @ 07/30/10 01:44 AM
It's been available(off ball control) but my biggest gripe is the passing logic of the AI. There are times I set my guy in the post and he has the ball, I switch to the guy who dumped the ball to try to cut to the basket to see if theres a lane as soon as I begin to move they pass it back.

It's like I know what I want to do but it just won't let me. Also happens in My Player I try to cut but they give me the ball before I can even try. Offense doesn't have to revolve around you for every possession.

# 64 kolanji @ 07/30/10 01:48 AM
mein all that info on nba 2k11 got me jumpy....the return of manual posting up....the pass fake...the euro steps....mein why is october 5th so far away....tomorrow am checking on ebay t o c if i can find a HOT TUB TIME MACHINE

# 65 Tha_Kid @ 07/30/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Boy is this wait gonna be long

Not talking about waiting for the game, just stuff like

ah it looks like 2k10 stuff... well it IS

I mean the guy said its an "early build" and people are skipping over that part
just to say it looks like last years?

and Shadows come on man, you know the drill... they never give you the meat right in the beginning.
Not even just that. Ever since 2K3, none of the images released or videos released have done justice to how the game looks when you pop it into your console. Critiquing screens at any point prior to release is really pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I hope the controls got easier and not more confusing. Flick this while pushing that, and trigger left right left up??????

Sounds like spending more time tryiny to figure out what in the world to do than going out executing beautiful moves on the fly.

Fingers crossed
The control is clearly simpler. Just because the writer did a shoddy job of describing it is no reason to be confused. You hold the left trigger and move the LS.

# 66 ctu130 @ 07/30/10 02:40 AM
Had a quick look at all the pics

I noticed in the Mike Redd pic, that he has a green and white rubber band , that's definitely new.

In the Ben Gordon pic, i noticed Lamarcus Aldridge's(i think it's him) red shoes, I'm pretty sure you couldn't make it look like that in NBA 2k10

The Heat lineup screen looks really nice.

Now time to read the article

# 67 youngfaze01 @ 07/30/10 02:47 AM
Pics look good, but lack details.

-Brandon Jenning's tattoos
-Wilson Chandler's tattoos
-Mike Miller still with long hair (it's short now)
-Chris Bosh still with dreads (it's short now)
-Miami Heat jersey numbers more to the right than the center

# 68 bls @ 07/30/10 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Gameplay sounds great. I like the changes done to the passing game, I'm sure a lot of you guys are going to love the fake passes. Help counter those players that love going for steals.
Say it again!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 69 Toaster @ 07/30/10 03:11 AM
I ofr one, really like the new player models.
If you look at Boozer's and Duncan's arms for example, you can see they are not to overly muscular (as in 2k10) but more relistic.

Thumbs up!

# 70 bearschicago @ 07/30/10 04:08 AM
Can't wait to use authentic plays!! Also in the screenshots the court spacing/player size looks improved. You can really tell especially in the Michael Redd and Carolos Boozer pic. Look at all that room Boozer has!!

Very pleased with the addition of fake pass.

Now hoping that defense is top priority.

Adding a simple animation of offball defenders 'putting a hand on their man' which will cut down on backdoor cuts/lack of resistance when slashing to the rim/as well as cut down on lead passes. I can't tell from the screenshots if this critical but simple animation has been added.

But this info may be what I'm talking about:

Quote:
Physical play (bodies jostling in the post or when a player drives to the lane) is getting an overhaul this year as well.
With total control passing, hopefully lead pass is more realistic in 2K11. Lead passes should either be accurate but slow or fast but not as accurate while players have to gather to catch the ball.

In 2K11 please allow AI CPU to do canimation blocks just like human users(prefer real-time blocks but won't complain). This will result in users thinking twice before driving to the rim. With more mid-air collisions this should be fixed.

Lastly fix all the glitches and add more detail. I want AI CPU to front the post as well. Shouldn't be so easy to dump it in the paint. Things the AI CPU never uses/does: http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...ever-uses.html

Critical glitches that needs to be fixed:

Quote:
There is this semi-glitch on defense. What happens is say I’m the PG with the ball and I go near to my SG. I pass it to my SG and player defending PG will freeze and stay next to SG for 1-2 secs allowing PG an open shot. Can take advantage of this almost every time.
The other is when the AI CPU is inbounding the ball after a made basket, the user can go near the PG to deny him from getting the ball. The CPU will pass it to the SG.

If the SG is not a combo-guard(Jamal Crawford/Kirk Hinrich/Monta Ellis/etc) he will stand and hold the ball and always will pass it to the PG. This is an easy steal by the user as long as you stay attached to the PG.

This would not be a problem if what I added in one of my wishlist is implemented for 2K11:

Quote:
-After a made basket, why is SG always next to PG when inbounding? Has been implemented since very first NBA 2K game.

Only time SG should be next to PG is when opposing team uses full court press. Otherwise SG should be with the rest of the guys while PG dribbles ball up court.
In essence this will force the PG to always get the ball and bring the ball up court. Exploit/glitch solved.

Anyways since Beluba(Mike Wang) and the 2K Team looked at my massive ultimate sim wishlist, I have complete confidence 2K11 will be an all-time great!!

# 71 KyotoCarl @ 07/30/10 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
theskinsfan1000 thats a 2k10 screenshot. Don't know why its on the 2k11 image section.

I wouldn't say ripped from Live 10 but I think we all know who's idea these were and why it was in Live 10 and now 2k11
The shot stick is from 2K and that's in Live (Elite) now.

# 72 KyotoCarl @ 07/30/10 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01

That's cosmetic and a minor thing compared to gameplay improvements and controls.
Besides, this is not the final build.

# 73 KyotoCarl @ 07/30/10 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
i didnt read any other comments but why is Dwade in the back?? Its HIS team, not Lebrons..
They might just have an algorithm that says that the guy with the highest rating in any team is in the front.

# 74 Canquain @ 07/30/10 07:46 AM
I'm so glad they added fake pass this year its going to be so useful and the lighting is looking top notch on their. Another thing the shoes graphics have improved this year. Can't wait!

# 75 STLRams @ 07/30/10 08:08 AM
Can someone post the full IGN article in the thread, I can't view IGN at work, thanks.

# 76 convince @ 07/30/10 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
C
Now hoping that defense is top priority.

Adding a simple animation of offball defenders 'putting a hand on their man' which will cut down on backdoor cuts/lack of resistance when slashing to the rim/as well as cut down on lead passes. I can't tell from the screenshots if this critical but simple animation has been added.

Where have you been, this is already in the game, has been for about two years now.

Critical glitches that needs to be fixed:

The other is when the AI CPU is inbounding the ball after a made basket, the user can go near the PG to deny him from getting the ball. The CPU will pass it to the SG.

If the SG is not a combo-guard(Jamal Crawford/Kirk Hinrich/Monta Ellis/etc) he will stand and hold the ball and always will pass it to the PG. This is an easy steal by the user as long as you stay attached to the PG.

Maybe this has to do with difficulty level. B/c I've been in this situation pressing the PG after a made basket and if the SG get the ball after an inbound, he will wait to see if the PG becomes open but If I'm near/attached to the PG, the SG will walk the ball up court.

And by the way it isn't always the PG/SG back there. It depends on what team you are playing. I agree that the PG is always back there which makes sense but if you play the CAVS or the Lakers, you will find Lebron and Odom joining the PG, and normally that's who the AI passes it to when inbounding.

Okay I hear people mention control issues and defensive issues, I was wondering if someone could give some specifics? If regards to controls if you mean Isomotion then i do understand. But I solved that problem but switching to the ALT A control scheme. With the spin and crossover mapped to the face buttons. And i also like in regards to this that the player's ability still matters. Just b/c a crossover and spin is easier to perform not everyone can execute it well. EX: Spin/crossover with Derrick Rose vs. Eddie House. The effectiveness, timing and execution are different for both players. The only downside to the control scheme is doing the spin drop set in the post. Since that post move is mapped to "hot step" and not the "y" button, when you switch the control scheme the "hop step" is replaced with "spin" at that button. And for odd reason you can no longer execute that move.

# 77 dexvex @ 07/30/10 08:59 AM
Nice preview. All I need to see know is improved netcode and its a sale.............

# 78 jeebs9 @ 07/30/10 09:27 AM
Why are we talking about Live?.....This is a 2k thread lol

# 79 jeebs9 @ 07/30/10 09:49 AM
Basically your taking this thread off-topic...Its a preview of 2k11...A Demo...more like a Beta 1.0

# 80 jeebs9 @ 07/30/10 09:51 AM
^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01

^^^^
Its a preview of 2k11...A Demo...more like a Beta 1.0

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.