Home
NBA JAM News Post

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA ELITE 11 TO
INCLUDE FREE* DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OF NBA JAM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 3, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 121 blackflash83 @ 08/03/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
To me this means that the game will be sub-par and the excuse for buying it will be ...It came with a code to download NBA Jam. From a sales / marketing standpoint it makes sense , from a development / progresssion / basketball SIM its a huge huge sign/clue. Whoever types Peace at the end of their piece better be wearing a cross colors hoddie & backwards overalls with one strap down..... please.
The game isn't going to be sub-par because ELITE is bundled with JAM. There are two different teams working on both games. The ELITE team is working as I speak on the game to ensure that it's of high quality. Your experience will NOT be diminished due to the announcement bundle.

# 122 Rocboyz101 @ 08/03/10 11:06 PM
Some of yall really know how to take it too far...smh.
Anyways, although I didn't want this to be the big news, how exactly is this a bad thing? Its a free game, basically an early exclusive!

# 123 Big3Heat631 @ 08/03/10 11:22 PM
That ups Elite 11's value, but I'm still buying 2K11. Good try EA, but they got Michael Jordan. It doesn't get much better than MJ.

# 124 ParisB @ 08/03/10 11:23 PM
Awesome news.

I was a huge Jam fan back in the days, and would spend hours at the arcades.

I was already planning on buying Elite, so this deal makes it even sweeter!

# 125 tedus @ 08/03/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3Heat631
That ups Elite 11's value, but I'm still buying 2K11. Good try EA, but they got Michael Jordan. It doesn't get much better than MJ.
That ups 2K 11's value, but I'm still buying Elite11. Good try 2K, but they got NBA JAM. It doesn't get much better than NBA JAM.

haha!!

# 126 BaselineBakes @ 08/04/10 12:21 AM
Was planning on buying a Wii for Jam but I guess I will just buy Jam and get Elite packaged with it

# 127 ehh @ 08/04/10 12:23 AM
This is a nice little bonus. Fun sports games that you can play while boozing are always a bonus in my book.

# 128 VDusen04 @ 08/04/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moefooljoe
This doesn't make much since because many people would buy nba jam as a stand alone game on xbox live or psn, but now that their bundling it with elite, it won't get nearly the sales it could as a down-loadable game. A lot of 2k fans would have no problem purchasing nba jam on it's own, but most of have zero plans on buying nba elite.
I've heard posters suggesting that Jam at some point will become a stand alone game on the 360 and PSN. I feel like that's a safe bet. I also think that'd eventually be the right move because I would happen to be one of those guys you mentioned. I respect Live/Elite, I like 2K more and I can't afford both, so it seems EA might at least want my little bit of cash for Jam as a standalone perhaps, yes?

Would asking for a "Jam" demo be greedy?

# 129 FlyRice @ 08/04/10 02:48 AM
It only makes sense for them to release it on PSN and Live after a certain period. I'm betting that they'll eventually offer all of the features from the Wii version as DLC as well. They're turning down money if they don't.

Regardless of what happens, I'll probably pick up Elite on release because of this bundle.

# 130 joba78 @ 08/04/10 08:49 AM
OK...bad move EA. Let me explain.

NBA Jam has a pedigree that would have gamers happily fork over $60 for a full fledged, HD version of Jam on 360 or PS3. So why has EA decided to cannibalize sales?

The reasons are twofold: 1. For the sake of grounding a sorely needed NBA Live refresh titled NBA Elite 11. (A title that in early previews isn't trending well against the competition.) 2. EA is staring down the barrel of a NBA 2K game that has secured Michael 'effin' Jordan for the next installment! EA is desperate.

Now, I am not hip to internal contracts or deals that may prevent NBA Jam from a full-fledged port to HD systems. But I know one thing, I swore to never purchase another EA Sports game since the NFL license raping. And I will not change that stance for NBA Jam, no matter how bad I was looking forward to picking it up!

Bottom line...My dollars will not be used to artificially pad unit sales numbers for NBA Elite 11 when all I really wanted was NBA Jam. This is why the internet is up in arms over this news.

NBA Elite is trending as an inferior product to its competition this year, and EA knows it. NBA Jam will not cover that up. I ask anyone to challenge this logic.

# 131 ehh @ 08/04/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joba78
NBA Jam has a pedigree that would have gamers happily fork over $60 for a full fledged, HD version of Jam on 360 or PS3.
That's a very large assumption you're making.

# 132 jyoung @ 08/04/10 12:16 PM
Initially I was not cool with this move, but then I realized that the price for Elite is probably going to be down to $40 by the time Black Friday rolls around, and at that price, the bundle will be a pretty good deal for those who just want JAM and don't care much about Elite.

# 133 Pared @ 08/04/10 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlin4Prez
Hasn't EA already announced that NBA Jam would be released on it's own on 360 and PS3? -_________________-

Looks like another marketing tool to get people to buy this game. I think I'll be buying 2k first and then making my judgement before I just jump in because of NBA Jam, even though I do want to play it...really bad. Lol.
Proof, please?

AFAIK that was simply speculation that some are mistaking for fact now. Perception is reality for some.

# 134 blackflash83 @ 08/04/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Proof, please?

AFAIK that was simply speculation that some are mistaking for fact now. Perception is reality for some.
NBA JAM has never been announced as a standalone title for PS3/360. All that was out there was mere speculation that NBA JAM was coming to PS3/360.

# 135 Pared @ 08/04/10 12:45 PM
That's what I figured.

They're still speculating.

It's funny how people rewrite history in a way that can suit their argument. The reality is many people were saying, "I won't buy a Wii just to play thing but if it were on PS3/360 I would be all over it."

Well, here's your chance.

BF, is NBA Jam going to be in HD or with it be in 480p and non-widescreen?

# 136 jyoung @ 08/04/10 01:00 PM
If I remember correctly, a bunch of gaming sites reported that NBA JAM for the 360/PS3 had been rated by the ERSB, and from that info, concluded that JAM was being released on those systems sometime soon.

http://kotaku.com/5596191/yeah-looks...-xbox-360--ps3

Also there was the bit of "news" about a JAM team member listing the 360/PS3 versions on her "Linked In" resume:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nba...--164529.phtml

Gotta' love video game journalism.

# 137 Pared @ 08/04/10 01:15 PM
This is why you don't go off of rumors and speculation.

# 138 blackflash83 @ 08/04/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
That's what I figured.

They're still speculating.

It's funny how people rewrite history in a way that can suit their argument. The reality is many people were saying, "I won't buy a Wii just to play thing but if it were on PS3/360 I would be all over it."

Well, here's your chance.

BF, is NBA Jam going to be in HD or with it be in 480p and non-widescreen?
NBA JAM for PS3/360 will be in HD .

# 139 Pared @ 08/04/10 01:18 PM
KA-BOOOOM!!!

# 140 Dollar Theater @ 08/04/10 03:43 PM
I was going to buy Elite anyway (assuming the demo was as fun to play as the videos have made it seem), so this is great news.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.