Home
FIFA 11 News Post

We recently had a chance to speak with assistant producer Munraj Hyare about the upcoming Career mode in FIFA 11.

Operation Sports: Do the stats you accrue during your career determine the job offers you will receive when you become a manager, or can you just choose any club? Is it possible to coach a national team?

Munraj Hyare: Yes, how well you perform as a player will affect the offers you get when you retire and become a Manager. As an example, the club you’re playing for as a player will only offer you a role as Player Manager if you reach the status of Club Legend. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to coach a national team this year, but we are aware that our fans are really interested in this feature.

Read More - FIFA 11 Career Mode Q&A

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Airmaxpenny1 @ 08/20/10 12:57 PM
I can't wait to try this out.

# 2 KG @ 08/20/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
OS: For a scouted player that is not real, how does the system determine that player's personality style? Does it just use ratings based around whether or not the player acts like Ronaldinho when dribbling or would the player's origins also come into play? (An example might be that a Brazilian is a better dribbler while an English player is stronger on the pitch.)

Hyare: The scouting feature from prior iterations of Manager mode has not been moved across into our new Career mode. In FIFA 11 Career mode, it’s a new scouting system. The scouts will look at real players and can be consulted on transfer searches and decisions. Before recommending a player to you, they will look at the financial means your club has as well as the type of player you need the most to build a complete squad.
Niiiice

Quote:

Hyare: Form was on our list to refine, but unfortunately we were unable to get to it this year. We weren’t satisfied with where it was at and decided not to include it in the game. That being said, we still think it’s a great feature for Career mode and has lots of potential in the future.
On one-hand I like the fact that uers won't run unto a CPU club with all green arrows while their team has red arrows but on the other-hand that means that a club overachieving will still play like it's current ratings.

Changeable weather is + and so is the playoff system.

# 3 Whitesox @ 08/20/10 01:03 PM
He talked around the MLS a bit on that last question, so I'm gonna guess it's still a single table and playoff. Playoff system for England is cool, not sure if that was in before.

# 4 Dazraz @ 08/20/10 01:06 PM
Good to see that the off pitch aspect of the game is being given an increased level of attention.

# 5 Ermolli @ 08/20/10 01:11 PM
Good Q&A, really like to try this mode.

# 6 KG @ 08/20/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
He talked around the MLS a bit on that last question, so I'm gonna guess it's still a single table and playoff. Playoff system for England is cool, not sure if that was in before.
Last year it was just Top 3 get promoted

# 7 Whitesox @ 08/20/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Last year it was just Top 3 get promoted
Oh, well cool that they got it in, then.

# 8 KG @ 08/20/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Oh, well cool that they got it in, then.
Yeah. For some reason I think I read somewhere that the playoff system was already in PS2. Can't remember though.

# 9 rckabillyRaider @ 08/20/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
that stood out to me also of course. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Everything else is sounding pretty good.

# 10 Whitesox @ 08/20/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah. For some reason I think I read somewhere that the playoff system was already in PS2. Can't remember though.
Wasn't the Russian League also only in the last generation games? Which reminds me, is that coming to FIFA 11 on the new consoles?

I know the MLS had a playoff system last year, and it was pretty close to reality, but the table wasn't split up in to conferences.

# 11 KG @ 08/20/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Wasn't the Russian League also only in the last generation games? Which reminds me, is that coming to FIFA 11 on the new consoles?

I know the MLS had a playoff system last year, and it was pretty close to reality, but the table wasn't split up in to conferences.
Yeah the Russian league is in.

# 12 dankerz_diabetic_kid @ 08/20/10 02:54 PM
I was hoping in the transfer market u could do swap deals with other clubs? and maybe add money on top? for example when ashley cole went to chelsea from arsenal in exchange for william gallas and however many millions it was.

# 13 Grimbarian @ 08/20/10 04:46 PM
I'm underwhelmed, English Playoffs were already in since Fifa09 (the answer skips the part about playoffs for other leagues) and form was actually a good new feature of MM, it simply needed refining not removing completely, shoddy and lazy. So training, staff upgrades and now form confirmed as removed, anything else they aren't telling us they removed? Seems it's now more stuff removed than actually added, disappointing.

# 14 KG @ 08/20/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbarian
I'm underwhelmed, English Playoffs were already in since Fifa09 (the answer skips the part about playoffs for other leagues) and form was actually a good new feature of MM, it simply needed refining not removing completely, shoddy and lazy. So training, staff upgrades and now form confirmed as removed, anything else they aren't telling us they removed? Seems it's now more stuff removed than actually added, disappointing.
EA will bring it back and introduce it with a new name as a new feature.

I liked the training from last year. That's gone?

# 15 Grimbarian @ 08/20/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
EA will bring it back and introduce it with a new name as a new feature.

I liked the training from last year. That's gone?
Well it's a bit vague:

fifa.easports.com/enGB/news.action?id=DiggingDeeperCareerMode&utm_source=forum&utm_medium=textlink&utm_content=careermodepart2&utm_campaign=fifa11

Quote:
For now there are no training options, or those to improve your stadium, negotiator, coaches etc.

# 16 rooney8 @ 08/20/10 07:58 PM
I really like the way transfer news is presented and they look pretty realistic moves aswell. Didn't get any of my questions asked but Fifa is a definate buy so nice to have some surprise when I get it.

# 17 xelalex24 @ 08/21/10 12:59 AM
I don't know about Career mode this year. Yes, it ahs some great stuff, but I have heard that it removed the upgrading of staff, trainning, etc. I don't want to have new things only to ahve things taken out. i use to love when you played a game and then ahd to deal with press.

I always feel that when EA, regardless of the game, start with a new franchise/career/ dynasty mode, it is like a 5 year cycle before you get features you once had.

# 18 boritter @ 08/21/10 03:41 PM
1) I'm glad we can change the weather. I got sick of playing in the rain 90% of the time in 10.

2) I'm bummed we cannot create-a-team in career mode. This is one area where FIFA needs to step up to match other sports games.

# 19 misterbroom12 @ 08/22/10 10:50 AM
Still didn't really answer my question about the transfer market the way I wanted. It shows that the computer made some nice additions to CPU controlled teams but I was really looking to see if a CPU controlled club would give you offer after offer for a player, even when you keep rejecting them, because they wanted him. There is no real decision making as a manager in the transfer market on the selling side of it in previous versions of the game. You are never pressed to sell your best player because another club want to give you $100,000,000 for him. You either put a guy for sale, and then sell him because you just want the money for him and he doesn't play, or you keep all your players that you didn't want to sell because there is no interest from other teams.

# 20 JayD @ 08/22/10 11:33 PM
thank god scouts will recommend players for your teams needs. I made my brain hurt to many times last year deciding on who to sign, transfer, etc.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.