Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

OS'ers jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano have posted their impressions of NBA Elite 11, from their hands-on time with the game at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event.

23 has posted a ton of video from the game on his Youtube channel. I just wanted to gather all of the videos together on one page, to make it easier to find and view.

We appreciate all the work 23, as well as the impressions, all 3 of you have given us.

To view the rest of them (17 in total), head over to 23's Youtube Channel, right here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 erickonasis @ 08/30/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Who said limit you? I said I dont agree with the context. At some point realism also has to be taken into account.

Not just give me control to do anything... You see the reaction to Boozer doing his best Dr J impression. You're telling me you liked that because it was controllable?

# 162 23 @ 08/30/10 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The difference is Boozer cant dunk from the FT line while Shaq can shoot a fadeaway. So those two are not comparable.

My problem with the Shaq fadeaway 1st it went in and second it's was way to smooth for him. It should have been way more awkward.
It shouldnt have been a fadeaway like you see Tmac doing in the first place, and 2nd of all Shaq doing something like that would have him stumbling backwards a couple of yards

Point is neither the context nor the end result justify"control"

Im not bashing the guys work or anything like that, and maybe they understand this stuff already, and they have no doubt been working like machines on this game, but like that other things, right?

A Shaq fade here, a Boozer FT line dunk there, a Turkoglu take off from outside the lane here, a J-Rich one foot flush like LeBron there, and pretty soon you're wondering what the heck is going on, no matter what mode its on.

# 163 23 @ 08/30/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I look forward to getting in a practice mode of some sort and seeing what this baby can do.
Same here man

Quote:
some of those collisions or lack there of where just bad.

But there were some that were pretty darn sweet too.

So true man, it was quite a mixed bag. JT Jano and I definitely saw some sweet ones as well.

One thing for sure, the randomness of each possesion is quite noticeable, which isnt a bad thing at all.

# 164 da ThRONe @ 08/30/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It shouldnt have been a fadeaway like you see Tmac doing in the first place, and 2nd of all Shaq doing something like that would have him stumbling backwards a couple of yards

Point is neither the context nor the end result justify"control"

Im not bashing the guys work or anything like that, and maybe they understand this stuff already, and they have no doubt been working like machines on this game, but like that other things, right?

A Shaq fade here, a Boozer FT line dunk there, a Turkoglu take off from outside the lane here, a J-Rich one foot flush like LeBron there, and pretty soon you're wondering what the heck is going on, no matter what mode its on.
I think we agree then. That the problem isnt the move(in Shaqs' case) it's in the execution of said move.

# 165 23 @ 08/30/10 01:26 PM
No for me its both, and its not just Shaq that its an issue with

# 166 da ThRONe @ 08/30/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No for me its both, and its not just Shaq that its an issue with
Well I guess we dont agree LOL.

You wont get any arguement out of me about many of those dunks. They where inexcusable. There was the D.West over a guy back put-back and these vids are just plan bad. In one D.Rose almost jumps over the basket on a one foot vertical.

# 167 23 @ 08/30/10 01:39 PM
Well im not really here to state all of the issues I see with the game or anything.

If the devs want to they can ask me for any feedback they want, but im sure what they've done has taken up more than enough, probably too much of their time already

# 168 erickonasis @ 08/30/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think we agree then. That the problem isnt the move(in Shaqs' case) it's in the execution of said move.
execution on whos end the user or the developers? Shad should not be shooting anything fade away so the problem lies with the developers giving you an option to shoot like that

# 169 Tha_Kid @ 08/30/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
execution on whos end the user or the developers? Shad should not be shooting anything fade away so the problem lies with the developers giving you an option to shoot like that
(I think) He meant on the developer's part. If we're going to give Shaq the option of shooting a fadeaway for the sake of total control, it still shouldn't be the same animation as some guard or slight big man. It should be lumbering and physics & his weight should be accounted for, leading to him needing a couple extra steps to recover. Shaq in general was far too quick in this video, and too slight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
the ugly jumping on blocks and ugly collisions people are talking about...the jumping is intentional and that's what the final product will look like. That was one of the tradeoffs we made where we choose gameplay and responsiveness over pretty animations. Feel free to disagree with the choice, but the height and time it takes to get off the ground was deliberately chosen for specific reasons.
That was posted in the other thread about the jumping. I agree that it looks horrible (both lack of gather and the height everyone gets) and general realism shouldn't have to be sacrificed for control. I think its a cop out to have inhuman jumping and blame it on responsiveness. There is a medium between the extremes of pretty & ugly and i'm disappointed they settled for ugly. This is one source of unrealistic results in the game and its a shame it isn't even being treated as an issue.

# 170 23 @ 08/30/10 02:05 PM
Actually it didnt, thats why I deleted it

Lets keep this strictly on the game in which forum we are in

Any comments that causes vs arguments in here are getting deleted

# 171 fatleg3 @ 08/30/10 02:30 PM
dam i think everyone has complained enough. The same people are saying the same thing. I probably seen like 8 different posts each on the boozer dunk, the jumping, skating, or movement. I think we got the point after like the first 2 or 3 post. If its so bad then go to 2k forum. like i said before i always been and will be a live/elite fan so hell developers send me the game cause i will happily play the hell out of it.

And why shouldnt shaq be able to do a fadeaway. I can go on the court and try to do anything that nba player do or try any shot. You mean to tell me that in real life it is impossiable for shaq to try a fadaway. Thats like saying shaq should not be able to shoot a 3 on the game. Weather the ball goes in is a diffrent story

# 172 erickonasis @ 08/30/10 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
dam i think everyone has complained enough. The same people are saying the same thing. I probably seen like 8 different posts each on the boozer dunk, the jumping, skating, or movement. I think we got the point after like the first 2 or 3 post. If its so bad then go to 2k forum. like i said before i always been and will be a live/elite fan so hell developers send me the game cause i will happily play the hell out of it.

And why shouldnt shaq be able to do a fadeaway. I can go on the court and do anything that nba player do or try any shot. You mean to tell me that in real life it is impossiable for shaq to try a fadaway. Thats like saying shaq should not be able to shoot a 3 on the game. Weather the ball goes in is a diffrent story
why are you bringing up 2k? everyones entitled to their own opinion and for you to say otherwise is not fair

# 173 fatleg3 @ 08/30/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
why are you bringing up 2k? everyones entitled to their own opinion and for you to say otherwise is not fair
I didnt say nodody could voice their opinion. Its just the same thing over and over. It dont do any good to keep saying the same bad things over and over.

And i mentioned 2k because if you are going to bash elite over and over and you dont like it then leave. People act like this is the only basketball game. There is another basketball game out there. If you dont like macdonalds you dont sit there and complain about how nasty the food is. You take your a** to burger king. Im pretty sure ea wants your 60 dollars but can care less if you dont give it to them because they will get it from someone else.

# 174 Playmakers @ 08/30/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyskies
Oh my lord. I just seen Tyson Chandler dunk from the free throw line with a quick skip. I'm sorry Elite but this aint gonna cut it. This is not simulation basketball.

And the replays look horrible again just like the last few NBA Lives. Its like the replays are shot from a camera angle in the nose bleed section.
Man i don't know if some of you guys are being sarcastic or up front in this thread....

Having said all that I'm not really comfortable with this game from the information I've been reading.

I don't think i've ever skipped a year without purchasing Live or the College basketball game by EA. One of the options got canned so i can't but that game either way. But the Pro option isn't looking to good and i just can't see myself allowing the game to frustrate me if i see things that were a problem since Live 07 still being present 4-5 years later.

# 175 Da_Czar @ 08/30/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
I didnt say nodody could voice their opinion. Its just the same thing over and over. It dont do any good to keep saying the same bad things over and over.

And i mentioned 2k because if you are going to bash elite over and over and you dont like it then leave. People act like this is the only basketball game. There is another basketball game out there. If you dont like macdonalds you dont sit there and complain about how nasty the food is. You take your a** to burger king. Im pretty sure ea wants your 60 dollars but can care less if you dont give it to them because they will get it from someone else.
fatleg what's up Fam. I was a big proponent of live last year pre the patch of doom, But one thing that I kept repeating is that those who have an issue with the game should not be silenced. They should have an equal opportunity to say what they feel is wrong with the game.

It can be a tough thing but most in here are only voicing their frustration because they really wanted to be able to get into the game this year.

I don't know how long you have been gaming ( no insult here I really don't know) but some of us have been waiting a very very very long time for live to get their stuff together.

Along those lines this is a LEAST their 3rd attempt at a 3 year plan. No kidding. So for some of us we have heard this all before. EA has broken more sim gamers hearts on so many occassions they are really going to have to show and prove. Guys are tired of hearing the same old lines with consistently sub par game play.

They have been saying this is a revolution etc etc etc. DId that look revolutionary to you ? No it didn't so people just feel duped again. That's all it is. Now I have been saying and continue to say that until we play it or at least see 2 people who are very good at the game play it you really won't know because of how much control they give the user.

Having said all that the MOd's will take care of the trolls but lets not immediately dismiss negative thoughts about the game as being some sort of 2k conspiracy all the time. Most are here because they are or were excited about the possibilities of what they were talking about.

I refuse to believe they spent all that money and time and what we saw in these videos was what they had in their heads when they said " this is great, this is revolutionary" Can't be.... LOL

# 176 erickonasis @ 08/30/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
fatleg what's up Fam. I was a big proponent of live last year pre the patch of doom, But one thing that I kept repeating is that those who have an issue with the game should not be silenced. They should have an equal opportunity to say what they feel is wrong with the game.

It can be a tough thing but most in here are only voicing their frustration because they really wanted to be able to get into the game this year.

I don't know how long you have been gaming ( no insult here I really don't know) but some of us have been waiting a very very very long time for live to get their stuff together.

Along those lines this is a LEAST their 3rd attempt at a 3 year plan. No kidding. So for some of us we have heard this all before. EA has broken more sim gamers hearts on so many occassions they are really going to have to show and prove. Guys are tired of hearing the same old lines with consistently sub par game play.

They have been saying this is a revolution etc etc etc. DId that look revolutionary to you ? No it didn't so people just feel duped again. That's all it is. Now I have been saying and continue to say that until we play it or at least see 2 people who are very good at the game play it you really won't know because of how much control they give the user.

Having said all that the MOd's will take care of the trolls but lets not immediately dismiss negative thoughts about the game as being some sort of 2k conspiracy all the time. Most are here because they are or were excited about the possibilities of what they were talking about.

I refuse to believe they spent all that money and time and what we saw in these videos was what they had in their heads when they said " this is great, this is revolutionary" Can't be.... LOL
Thank you...pretty much all i was trying to say.

# 177 Playmakers @ 08/30/10 04:21 PM
Quote:

I hope not after 5 years....this can't be the final product for NBA Elite 11

# 178 Behindshadows @ 08/30/10 04:33 PM
It took me a minute to post and try to keep my comments clean. I defended Live 10, and til this day absolutely love it.

Elite 11, has better controls from what the videos and write ups are telling me. From every video I've seen, I haven't seen anyone use any of these better controls, not as crossovers, dunks, post moves or anything.

Am I disappointed from what I've seen in the videos?

Absolutely, from a gameplay aspect, I absolutely hate the stiff jumpshot animations and the crooked elbows during rebounds, etc. My only complaint is the players joints are just crooked and stiff during shooting and so forth. This has been an issues since Live 06, and has never gotten corrected in 5 years. That is what I'm disappointed about.

Last years graphics were nice, player models need work on faces, etc. Arenas and courts were nice! Only thing this game needed to change was presentation and animations. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the controls.

With ESPN and 3 man commentary - presentation is improved and fixed.

But those terrible animations haven't been looked into or fixed, and the footplanting from Live 06,07,08,09.10..looks to be messed up, I see sliding now! Something that hasn't been in a Live game since Xbox and PS2.

Still work to be done before release....fixed these things guys and the game will be okay!

Thanks for sharing 23, and everyone else, can't wait for a final release or demo.

# 179 Boilerbuzz @ 08/30/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
like i said before i always been and will be a live/elite fan so hell developers send me the game cause i will happily play the hell out of it.
No offense, but THIS is the mentality I think fans of either game can't stand. What's the point of competition making each game better if it doesn't change anything?

# 180 idrisguitar @ 08/30/10 05:00 PM
exactly, wait for the demo guys.

to supplement czar's great post. david littman HIMSELF said that the game had to be played, not seen. he was basically intoning that vids aren;t goinjg to make this game look good. its playing it that will give you that sensation he keeps talking about.

so lets wait till the demo before writing anything off and see if he is right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.