Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 fatleg3 @ 09/04/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa21
This is starting to look better now still kinda skeptical but I'm hopeful.....usually i buy both but recently Live/Elite has been losing me and then this video came out and the train is back on the rails

Looking back every now and then i find things that make me laugh.....like when i first seen this video and i was blown away....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvDwaU0zcU
Good. Orlando is my team and basically the only team i use. Glad to get a vid on them

# 102 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/04/10 10:42 PM
I just cant get over the FG%. I want something that looks like an NBA game. I see something deeper than a simple slider fix. If you cant even get the simple math of a miss and made shot right then I'm going to assume the game will have a ton of exploits under the hood.

# 103 yungflo @ 09/04/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have to say those post up pivots are freaking NICE. Never seen a game let you do it like that.
I agree. that was a hot move!

theres still alot of sliding though.

# 104 convince @ 09/04/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I agree

Kobe's shot was similar to last years but a bit different

Other than that, far enough away you can hardly tell who's who anyway
True, when i first saw the video I thought it was Darren Collison running point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
I feel you, they should have done the highlight videos like last yr for that...the ones Mike Wang was talking about the improvement in each area. Looks kinda odd tryna showcase in this setting....glad im seeing more tho...glad this one looks better aswell. Ready for the demo.
I have to disagree with you. With a completely new direction they are attempting, the last thing we want to see are stictly highlight videos showing what the game does well. I like the fact they are showcasing just gameplay as is. No sugar coating, beside the multiple behind the back dribbles by the point guard, lol just kidding.

The next video i want to see are team of contrasting styles. IE..Suns vs. Spurs. But if there must be a user i prefer they control the slow paced team.

As for my earlier statement regarding the "Rim Shots" Since the guy played it i will take his word for it. But clearly the videos are telling a different story. BTW i didn't say every shot that hits the rim is a miss, I just said from the videos most that hit the rim seem to be a miss, while the others are made are nothing but net. But again he played, so i will take his word for it.

# 105 phant030 @ 09/04/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I just cant get over the FG%. I want something that looks like an NBA game. I see something deeper than a simple slider fix. If you cant even get the simple math of a miss and made shot right then I'm going to assume the game will have a ton of exploits under the hood.
They aren't going to miss for the sake of missing tho. I didnt really see any shots that 'didnt' suppose to go in...if a user plays poor d, the fg will be high. Just as it would in a real game.

This kills me about ppl on OS...u want things to happen but dont really care for the how...you dont throw for 300 w/ Manning b/c he's Peyton, you throw by calling the right plays, making good decisions....not b/c the game wants you too smh....

They are being rewarded by getting the ball in positions where the players can score, choosing the appropriate shot type, and hitting the correct release point (if applicable). And the other player is being 'punished' for their poor d or not being in position for the stop.

# 106 phant030 @ 09/04/10 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
As for my earlier statement regarding the "Rim Shots" Since the guy played it i will take his word for it. But clearly the videos are telling a different story. BTW i didn't say every shot that hits the rim is a miss, I just said from the videos most that hit the rim seem to be a miss, while the others are made are nothing but net. But again he played, so i will take his word for it.
the Paul fade-away around 2:46, scrapes the front, hits the back then falls in.

# 107 Philstat @ 09/04/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Not surprised that the game looks better from the broadcast came, Live 10 was the same way especially with rebounding and play in the paint.

Still a ton of issues though that most have already pointed out.

Defense looks non-existent in the paint. No player differential whatsoever. Jumpers still look awkward. I honestly haven't seen one jumpshot animation for a player that looks accurate.

Why haven't they shown vids of any of the top stars in the league outside of Durant? I want to see if LBJ, Kobe, etc still have their signature stuff. Right now the game looks like NCAA Basketball '10 in terms of it's alarming genericness.

The game may be good enough as alternative from time to time but it looks like it's major lack of depth is going to kill it from being entertaining for long periods of time.
Elite 11 reminds me of NCAA Basketball 10, watching the players run their plays, it looks identical. All players move alike one another, a guard looks the same as a center, big men handle the ball to well. Players sizes aren't differentiated as well as they should be.

# 108 mrprice33 @ 09/04/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
They aren't going to miss for the sake of missing tho. I didnt really see any shots that 'didnt' suppose to go in...if a user plays poor d, the fg will be high. Just as it would in a real game.

This kills me about ppl on OS...u want things to happen but dont really care for the how...you dont throw for 300 w/ Manning b/c he's Peyton, you throw by calling the right plays, making good decisions....not b/c the game wants you too smh....

They are being rewarded by getting the ball in positions where the players can score, choosing the appropriate shot type, and hitting the correct release point (if applicable). And the other player is being 'punished' for their poor d or not being in position for the stop.
Also, high fg% is not new to basketball games, save for live last year.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

# 109 dredre @ 09/04/10 11:02 PM
best elite gameplay thus far

# 110 da ThRONe @ 09/04/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Elite 11 reminds me of NCAA Basketball 10, watching the players run their plays, it looks identical. All players move alike one another, a guard looks the same as a center, big men handle the ball to well. Players sizes aren't differentiated as well as they should be.
This is something I noticed. But hopefully refining RTP so it jumps out at you and player personalizations are the two things that are worked on the most for Elite 12.

# 111 convince @ 09/04/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Seems like the dev team is building up to full out attack mode. It looks like they are trying to highlight a specific part of the game in every vid.

Quick plays first vid, Real AI second vid, Alley-oops and picks this vid. Maybe we'll get some fastbreak play and in-air collisions on the next one.
I think with the amount of Alley-oops and semi-contested dunks we should already seen some sort of in-air collisions. Something like this is related to RTP which should be in the most part clear in all videos where bodies collide mid-air. One things they could do in the next videos are do iso away from the paint and then they drive to the basket. This would be a user vs user game, and have the other user will be the last line of defense in the paint. I think this would def. get the desired results of showing in-air collisions.

Maybe that's the reason they are choosing MIA vs ORL.

# 112 Boilerbuzz @ 09/04/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
its easy to score because they are playing man to man defense if they switch to a zone you will see more deflections and stuff like that plus clippers or hornets dont have good defense
NBA is a Man-to-Man league guys. If you're blaming the primary defense of the league, that's really scary.

# 113 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/04/10 11:23 PM
the game looks better, but i just dont see how anybody could say it looks "GREAT"

an upgrade from the other videos was a given, considering how bad they looked, but there is still not much in these videos that impresses me. All i see now is more control, but less animations. RTP just doesnt pop off the screen if at all as much as i thought it would.

# 114 thcchoi @ 09/04/10 11:29 PM
Still wanna see pre-game presentation...starting lineups and all that.

Also the rim physics STILL look weird. Look at the 3pt shot made in the vid. The net moves before the ball even gets close to the rim.

I guess NBA Elite 11 uses a magnetic ball - wow how realistic!

# 115 Goffs @ 09/04/10 11:30 PM
much better than the other two...its hard to differentiate the players though...

# 116 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/04/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
They aren't going to miss for the sake of missing tho. I didn't really see any shots that 'didnt' suppose to go in...if a user plays poor d, the fg will be high. Just as it would in a real game.

I have come to realize that you cant cheat balance and realism. Its like they say about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

I guess its reasonable for good shots to be rewarded to the point where open shots are almost never missed and partially contested shots fall like wild flower but its not NBA basketball. Even when you consider the lack of defense every team in every gameplay vid so far has shot the ball like a team on a mean hot streak. When every team is having a hot night there is a real fallout on the rest of the gameplay. The defense is going to have to play extra tight to stop the wet shooting which makes it easier to drive or slip back door; maybe you cant help as much in the post because mediocre shooters make 75% of their open shots etc etc.

With that in mind I will concede that my beef is about style over substance. I question the mind of the developers when this is what they show us. This is their chance to show us "The NBA". It seems like they are trying to sell fun instead of selling the sport. I prefer devs that are humble enough to realize that the integrity of the sport is more important than anyone's idea of fun.

# 117 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/04/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
I have come to realize that you cant cheat balance and realism. Its like they say about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

I guess its reasonable for good shots to be rewarded to the point where open shots are almost never missed and partially contested shots fall like wild flower but its not NBA basketball. Even when you consider the lack of defense every team in every gameplay vid so far has shot the ball like a team on a mean hot streak. When every team is having a hot night there is a real fallout on the rest of the gameplay. The defense is going to have to play extra tight to stop the wet shooting which makes it easier to drive or slip back door; maybe you cant help as much in the post because mediocre shooters make 75% of their open shots etc etc.

With that in mind I will concede that my beef is about style over substance. I question the mind of the developers when this is what they show us. This is their chance to show us "The NBA". It seems like they are trying to sell fun instead of selling the sport. I prefer devs that are humble enough to realize that the integrity of the sport is more important than anyone's idea of fun.
and thats why i have never been able to take Live/Elite seriously. I just never get the feeling that there basketball games are aiming to show the sport in its purest form. I think whats most important to the devs of Elite is making sure the game is fun, which isnt bad, but sometimes fun doesnt necessarily represent the sport.

# 118 convince @ 09/04/10 11:57 PM
Quote:

I completely agree with you.

# 119 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/05/10 12:10 AM
People, lets use some common sense.

Just because you time your release doesnt mean its going to go in all of the time.

There's this thing called "ratings".

Looks good. That looks more like the Live 10, that I knew and loved.

# 120 J-Clutch1 @ 09/05/10 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
its a video game
Yes, and they're trying to replicate the game of basketball.

Defense could be a problem for this game(signs show that it is, for now).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.