Home
NHL 11 News Post

Alain Quinto has posted an NHL 11 update, regarding the superstars = AHL Bug in Be a GM.

Quote:
"Just a heads up that the guys are aware there is an issue that was caused by a recent scheduling update. The updated schedule has caused instances of players not being recalled back to the team to occur when they should. The team has been tracking this along with the community since the update occurred. They are currently working on correcting the update and releasing it for launch."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Danknugmelo @ 09/06/10 12:53 AM
As much as it sucks that this was missed, the EA NHL guys really are heads and shoulders above all other sports game producers. The fact that they pay such close attention to teh communities speaks volumes.

The NCAA football guys are right behind them now tho. Glad to see such care. But let's just hope that BeaGM is teh main focus on next years game. The gameplay is damn near perfect from what i've seen on the demo. HUT looks to be a blast. The other modes I don't care about.

# 2 goosedennis @ 09/06/10 01:45 AM
Thank God. Though I thought it would have been caught in beta.

# 3 Kobalt @ 09/06/10 01:47 AM
great news to hear.

# 4 Danknugmelo @ 09/06/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
yeah, I must say I'm still a bit annoyed that this got through in the first place and into the final build

seems like half the games that come out now have a glaring error/bug that should never have made it to release (and i'm pretty sure every developer always blames it on some mysterious last minute tweak, regardless of whether or not it is true)

def very very glad they are planning on fixing it, but still just a bit peeved lol
its more based off of the fact that testers are cut down to zero to save money while rely on forums (especially OS for sports games) to point out things that need to be fixed via patch.

# 5 Steven547 @ 09/06/10 02:07 AM
I knew a guy that was tester. This is basically the equation he gave me: Testers = drink pop, eat chips, play games all day. Bug? What bug?

# 6 Vikes1 @ 09/06/10 04:08 AM
Like others have said...hopefully this is a reliable source.

If so...whew. The last thing I wanted for Tuesday was to have a bit of a black cloud hanging over the game.

# 7 Gagnon39 @ 09/06/10 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Like others have said...hopefully this is a reliable source.

If so...whew. The last thing I wanted for Tuesday was to have a bit of a black cloud hanging over the game.
When you play this game all black clouds will turn to clear blue skies with butterflies and rainbows. Trust me. Best sports game I've ever played. Period.

# 8 SlyBelle @ 09/06/10 09:06 AM
This is great news, but my only quesiton is how they will get out a patch that fast since doesn't it like take a month for Microsoft/Sony to certify everything?

# 9 Inhocmark @ 09/06/10 09:17 AM
The guy being quoted is a community manager on their forums, you'd have to assume he's reliable *shrugs*

# 10 sroz39 @ 09/06/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
This is great news, but my only quesiton is how they will get out a patch that fast since doesn't it like take a month for Microsoft/Sony to certify everything?
Maybe there's different protocol for launch day patches? Might be something in place to expedite the process.

# 11 SlyBelle @ 09/06/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Maybe there's different protocol for launch day patches? Might be something in place to expedite the process.
I'm hoping so

# 12 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/06/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
YES THANKS, I hope that they could do something about the sim stats and I will golden, I'm still excited.

I may have to wait an extra day since I order form newegg and got the game for $56 free shipping.

None of my stores got it early, I still could get it today if I want and selltghe one I get from newegg. Don;t know, as long as I get it this week I think I will be ok.

# 13 letsgopens66 @ 09/06/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
It would probably be a tuner update

# 14 ocho cuatro @ 09/06/10 11:17 AM
Quote:
I have to wait til tomorrow morning myself so no early NHL for me. I'm ok with a few teams getting in that maybe shouldn't. Though again I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to the sim standings. It at least looks like the player stats are pretty spot on this year which imo is more important but thats obviously just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the game this year FF.
I agree, Realm. I usually make a few edits/roster changes to give the elite teams (Van, Pitt, Wash, Chi, etc.) an edge. But otherwise, I don't mind a few good teams missing the playoffs.

Props to EA for trying to fix this so quickly. I was bummed out yesterday at the thought of having to wait another month before starting my Bruins BeAGM mode.

# 15 ocho cuatro @ 09/06/10 11:40 AM
Could the fix happen through a tuner update? I noticed that the quote didn't say anything about a patch.

# 16 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/06/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
I have to wait til tomorrow morning myself so no early NHL for me. I'm ok with a few teams getting in that maybe shouldn't. Though again I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to the sim standings. It at least looks like the player stats are pretty spot on this year which imo is more important but thats obviously just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the game this year FF.
thanks, I think I will love it.

# 17 adayinthelife @ 09/06/10 12:42 PM
Wow, that's awesome. Glad to hear it. As I said in my post with my sim results, I wasn't getting anything too crazy, but that could've just been a lucky sim.

This makes me happy also, as now I don't have to sit here and spend 2 hours simming through 4 or 5 seasons to see what the results are like.

# 18 Vikes1 @ 09/06/10 05:06 PM
Excellent news!

I too had a fear that we could possibly be waiting for a month, or who knows how long for this issue to get resolved.

I momentarily forgot what studio we were dealing with here. Thank you EA Vancouver...for taking care of the sim community!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.