Home
WRC 2010 News Post

The World Rally Championship 2010 demo has been released for the 360 Gold members. Silver and PC users on the 24th and PS3 users on the 29th.

Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"Black Bean Games officially announced today that the WRC Demo is now available for Xbox Live® Gold members, while Silver members and PC users will have to wait until September 24th. The Demo will be downloadable through Playstation® Network starting from September 29th.

You can now start experiencing all the fun of the most sensational and rewarding rallying adventure available. From the dusty deserts of Jordan to the legendary fast, gravel roads of Finland, challenge yourself through this single stage mode. It’s you pitted against the clock and elements."

Game: World Rally Championship 2010Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3Votes for game: 0 - View All
World Rally Championship 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 steeluk @ 09/17/10 11:55 AM
Will have to try this over the weekend. I'm interested to see how it compares to Dirt, as I loved the first one, but felt Dirt 2 veered too much towards the X Games and the like.

# 2 BIG CAROLINA @ 09/17/10 11:57 AM
Is the demo here in the US? or is this just for our friends across the pond?

# 3 BIG CAROLINA @ 09/17/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluk
Will have to try this over the weekend. I'm interested to see how it compares to Dirt, as I loved the first one, but felt Dirt 2 veered too much towards the X Games and the like.
Steel, I am not sure if you have it but if you are a rally fan then Richard Burns Rally for the PC is an absolute must have. The great part is that there are new mods and your pc does not have to be a power house to run it.

# 4 Steve_OS @ 09/17/10 11:47 PM
Ya, seems as if it isn't available in the US, yet.

# 5 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/18/10 01:19 AM
I was just coming here to ask where it was at.

# 6 Dazraz @ 09/18/10 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluk
Agree totally with you. I played Dirt 2 a handful of times then shelved it. Although neither dirt game carried the WRC license at least the first version was faithful to the sport. Looking forward to giving the demo a try later. I doubt it will be as visually impressive as Dirt but it will be good to have a proper WRC rallying game for the first time on this generation of consoles.

# 7 Dazraz @ 09/18/10 02:55 PM
Played a quick game of the demo. Okay visually this game is not going to drop any jaws. Don't get me wrong it looks alot better than Black Beans other 2 racing games (SBK X & Superstars V8 Racing). It's just when you check out the quality of other racers on the horizon such as Codemasters F1 this falls short in that regard. However if you like your rally games, particularly officially licensed ones, then this will certainly do the job. The actual full game menu is depicted within the demo & there appears to be a good variety of single player & multiplayer modes on hand for everyone to enjoy. A sure buy for me.

# 8 ac11367 @ 09/18/10 07:36 PM
How are the car physics? Are they comparable to Dirt 2?

# 9 lnin0 @ 09/18/10 09:30 PM
Missing PES and WRC this week with only a US Live account. Anyway, for all you stateside you can watch a demo video over at Gamersyde

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_wrc_de...o-9990_en.html

Although...now that I look around I don't see any mention of the North America getting this release :-( Does anyone know if another version would work in a NA 360?

# 10 BIG CAROLINA @ 09/19/10 07:21 PM
[quote=lnin0;2041624723]Missing PES and WRC this week with only a US Live account. Anyway, for all you stateside you can watch a demo video over at Gamersyde

Although...now that I look around I don't see any mention of the North America getting this release :-( Does anyone know if another version would work in a NA 360?[/quote]

No you cannot, that's why I will be importing the PS3 version even though I would much rather have the 360 version.

# 11 Kruza @ 09/23/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Missing PES and WRC this week with only a US Live account. Anyway, for all you stateside you can watch a demo video over at Gamersyde

Although...now that I look around I don't see any mention of the North America getting this release :-( Does anyone know if another version would work in a NA 360?

It was confirmed back in July that games from Black Bean will be released in North America through Deep Silver, the videogames label of Koch Media. The lineup includes Superstars V8 Next Challenge, Superbike World Championship X and World Rally Championship 2010.

Deep Silver reveals its fall lineup

At the moment WRC 2010 is slated to come out in North America some time during late November.

Kruza

# 12 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/23/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
It was confirmed back in July that games from Black Bean will be released in North America through Deep Silver, the videogames label of Koch Media. The lineup includes Superstars V8 Next Challenge, Superbike World Championship X and World Rally Championship 2010.

Deep Silver reveals its fall lineup

At the moment WRC 2010 is slated to come out in North America some time during late November.

Kruza
Ahh... thanks for the find Kruza. That stinks about the delay, but atleast we are getting a NA release.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 09/24/10 11:27 AM
360 demo is up now for USA, according to Major Nelson.

# 14 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/24/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
360 demo is up now for USA, according to Major Nelson.
Cool, thanks Steve.

# 15 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/25/10 07:11 PM
I have not been able to find the demo in the US for the life of me. If anyone has a link to it, please post. Steve posted that it was out in North America, but I cannot find it.

# 16 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/28/10 09:59 AM
For those on the PC I downloaded my demo from VirtualR

http://www.virtualr.net/world-rally-...demo-released/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
How are the car physics? Are they comparable to Dirt 2?
With a wheel the physics far exceed Dirt 2.

# 17 BIG CAROLINA @ 10/01/10 06:02 PM
After speaking with some of my rally friends from across the pond, I will keep my money and not import this. I have Richard Burns Rally on the PC with the WRC mod to hold me in the mean time.

# 18 Lakers 24 7 @ 10/01/10 07:09 PM
I wish I could see how it compares to RBR, but I can't seem to get my wheel to work with it. :S

But, yeah WRC isn't a complete sim, I'll put it over Dirt 2 for sure, but you can tell that it is slightly watered down. RBR seems like it would be more of a challenge most likely.

# 19 BIG CAROLINA @ 10/01/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I wish I could see how it compares to RBR, but I can't seem to get my wheel to work with it. :S

But, yeah WRC isn't a complete sim, I'll put it over Dirt 2 for sure, but you can tell that it is slightly watered down. RBR seems like it would be more of a challenge most likely.
You can find it on amazon fairly cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...=operasport-20

It is sooo worth the investment if you are a rally fan. There is Rally School that really helps you if you are new to rally racing and along with the mods you can pretty much rally race in any era that you want.

If you happpen to pick it up let me know and I will hook you up with the mod links.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.