Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

When you win a ring in NBA 2K11 Association Mode, you get to visit Barack Obama at the Oval Office.

Quote:
"Even the Clippers have a shot at kicking it with Barry in the Oval Office. NBA 2K11's revamped Association Mode sends your squad to the White House when you win it all. Are your GM skills up to the challenge?"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NDAlum @ 09/20/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I have never seen the point in playing a game for multiple seasons, what's the point you are not going to have the correct draft classes so I don't have an issue with the President being in the game so that reason.
So you're saying you lose realism? It's a video game. Are you going to go the exact record with the team you control as they go in real life?

I think this addition is stupid and if I ever win the title I will skip it.

# 42 coolcras7 @ 09/20/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Right, so they should just add this for the people that don't like playing multiple seasons and annoy the hell out of the people that do?
you're not playing a realistic NBA season after the finish the current NBA season because of the draft so people asking for realism with regards to the President makes no sense.

# 43 aholbert32 @ 09/20/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Right, so they should just add this for the people that don't like playing multiple seasons and annoy the hell out of the people that do?
LOL. If this annoys you, you should get some perspective. Its a cutscene. Just skip it.

# 44 NDAlum @ 09/20/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
you're not playing a realistic NBA season after the finish the current NBA season because of the draft so people asking for realism with regards to the President makes no sense.
What makes playing one season realistic?

What if you go 60-22 with the Grizzlies and win the title? Is that realistic? What if you use My Player? Is that realistic?

You're not playing a real NBA season. You're playing a video game. People get carried away with this realism talk.

# 45 InRodWeTrust @ 09/20/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller88
The trophy looks fake...
Its the Clippers so of course its fake

# 46 oldman @ 09/20/10 02:09 PM
For all of you guys that say the Clippers look sad, heck they are the Clippers, and they won the Championship. There is no telling what kind of backroom deals and game fixing had to go on for them to have pulled that off!

# 47 sonn @ 09/20/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
What if the Raptors win?
This might be something I'll try when I get the game.

# 48 scatman @ 09/20/10 02:10 PM
This is insane....make me wonder if we're getting the prez...are championship ring and banner raising in as well *fingers crossed*

# 49 coolcras7 @ 09/20/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
What makes playing one season realistic?

What if you go 60-22 with the Grizzlies and win the title? Is that realistic? What if you use My Player? Is that realistic?

You're not playing a real NBA season. You're playing a video game. People get carried away with this realism talk.
because you are playing with an authentic NBA 2011 season rosters, I don't know what the confusion is.

# 50 Redskinsfan26 @ 09/20/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
This is insane....make me wonder if we're getting the prez...are championship ring and banner raising in as well *fingers crossed*
that would be sick...

# 51 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/20/10 02:25 PM
B. Diddy can't even crack a smile after winning the championship! haha!

Nice addition though, just fix the damn trophy.. Make it all shiny..

# 52 ybtherockstar @ 09/20/10 02:27 PM
Barack looks like he is ready to ball lol

# 53 jeebs9 @ 09/20/10 02:27 PM
I wonder...How the hell did they get Obama in there? lol

# 54 NINJAK2 @ 09/20/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
yea its cool, but why 2k take-in everything frm madden this year, frm the bus, locker rm and now obama after the ship
These things all happen in real life NBA. Why is it stealing?

# 55 jerseyballer7 @ 09/20/10 02:34 PM
It's a nice addition...hopefully it will be explained more in detail if other types of championship win scenarios will be in besides this one. I rather have this then the same ol' boring crap we got in the previous NBA 2k games.

# 56 NINJAK2 @ 09/20/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
B. Diddy can't even crack a smile after winning the championship! haha!

Nice addition though, just fix the damn trophy.. Make it all shiny..
That's because his name was constantly coming up in trade rumors all season long. He felt underappreciated.lol

# 57 Altimus @ 09/20/10 02:37 PM
I don't understand why people are viewing this as a negative? Each year people complain how bland the championship celebrations are and now we get more and people still complain. Personally I much rather see the raising of the banner at the start of the first game next year.

# 58 Glenn33 @ 09/20/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

I think this addition is stupid and if I ever win the title I will skip it.
I don't understand why it's "stupid"? I know it's not real life - but the intent of the game is to mimic actually events. Every year - the winning team gets a meeting with the President - why is it "stupid" to have this in the game?

You may - or may not - have issue with who the president is being represented in the game. But the inclusion of this cut-scene is far from "stupid". It just makes sense if you are trying to mimic real life events.

I want more games to do this truth be told - although they really need to rotate out the president every 4 years because that would get old.

# 59 BEARYChi @ 09/20/10 02:38 PM
NICE!!! i knew they were gonna do this.it would be nice to have Obama as a playable character on the game.

# 60 Pared @ 09/20/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I don't understand why people are viewing this as a negative? Each year people complain how bland the championship celebrations are and now we get more and people still complain. Personally I much rather see the raising of the banner at the start of the first game next year.
...because that's... how... OS... ROLLS!!!

Fool.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.