Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

OS will be at the NBA 2K11 launch party in New York City at the famous Hudson Terrace tomorrow night! We have both Steve Bartlett and Mike Carraggi attending the event tomorrow night! The party will be packed with several NBA players, celebrities and musical guests. This is usually a big event and 2K is promising this year's event should be pretty eventful.

We will get the opportunity to interview Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala and Josh Smith, among other people. So if you want to get a question answered, be sure to leave a line here or by tweeting Steve Bartlett @Hurricane414.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Weird that there was no xbox presence ??

Was this like a 2k/sony event ???
I'm not sure. I only saw PS3's and PS3 copies though.

# 62 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
Did you get a chance to check if the courts had the reflections from the overhead lighting? In the demos, only the XBox had that.
I'm not even sure. The game looked super smooth though. Really nice graphics on PS3 this year imo.

# 63 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'm not even sure. The game looked super smooth though. Really nice graphics on PS3 this year imo.
Thanks, Sage. Did any of the bballers there talk about Ten Teams in Ten Days? And more specifically, about your song?

# 64 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/24/10 12:43 PM
Yeah Sony probably co-sponsored the event. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, I see Sony co-sponsoring a lot of events these past 2 months. They really getting their brand out there.

# 65 Beneezy @ 09/24/10 01:44 PM
YEEE YA!

# 66 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 01:55 PM
As a PS3 only owner, it's a little frustrating to see that the final product is graphically taken down a notch from the 360 version. Aside from console comparisons, it's difficult to understand why the PS3's 2K11 courts don't have the reflecting lights when 2K10's did.

# 67 jeebs9 @ 09/24/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea I played, but only head to head matches. Played some drunk chicks, lol. I only got to played towards the end of the evening. Most of the time the ball players and rappers were on the sticks.

LMAO!! I did that too! Different game though.

# 68 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Thanks, Sage. Did any of the bballers there talk about Ten Teams in Ten Days? And more specifically, about your song?
Nah I didnt get a chance to kick it with any of the NBA players.

# 69 coolcras7 @ 09/24/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
As a PS3 only owner, it's a little frustrating to see that the final product is graphically taken down a notch from the 360 version. Aside from console comparisons, it's difficult to understand why the PS3's 2K11 courts don't have the reflecting lights when 2K10's did.
There was reflections in the videos from the launch party.

# 70 eDotd @ 09/24/10 02:15 PM
Russell Westbrook was cheesing.

# 71 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
There was reflections in the videos from the launch party.
Look at the video that Beneezy posted a few posts up. The overhead lighting reflections aren't on that court.

# 72 coolcras7 @ 09/24/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Look at the video that Beneezy posted a few posts up. The overhead lighting reflections aren't on that court.
I say those but someone from the 2k forum also has video and I saw reflections
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorZ042ksqk

# 73 jeebs9 @ 09/24/10 02:35 PM
Are you serious?....videos were taken with camera phones. And you expect to see that level of detail.....Lets wait for the game to come out...

# 74 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I say those but someone from the 2k forum also has video and I saw reflections
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorZ042ksqk
Can't see too clearly, but it looks like you're right! If they're there (just toned down or something) that'd be great! As a matter of fact, it's probably a closer representation to real life since the reflections on TV look less clear than how 2K10 and the 360 2K11 demo show them.

Good catch.

# 75 LeBronistheKing @ 09/24/10 02:50 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRb6oFU-aVs

Alot of Jordan footage in the video

# 76 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRb6oFU-aVs

Alot of Jordan footage in the video
Looks like the Jordan sizzle trailer than Ronnie tweeted about. Great find and great video. I'm sure we're all gonna be dissecting the hi-res version sometime today.

# 77 youvalss @ 09/24/10 03:17 PM
Guys, if you look at MJ when he's playing for other teams - the calf sleve is changing its colors. Can we say that we have it in the game for all players????

# 78 youvalss @ 09/24/10 03:35 PM
Did he just ask at 0:32 - "Does the online work?"... LOL

# 79 23 @ 09/24/10 03:57 PM
I love this guy

"you got your free gain!"

# 80 youvalss @ 09/24/10 04:01 PM
Was Jordan at the party? I find it funny if the guy that most of the marketing is based on, wasn't even there...

Was Kobe at the party last year?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.