Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

1. Best thing in the demo?

Christian McLeod - Kevin Durant's intro movie. While watching this all I could think was, "Why can't Elite actually look like this?" Durant is one of my favorite young talents, so it was nice to see him get a chance to showcase his virtual skills as the game begins.

Steve Bartlett - I'm thinking the same as Christian here. The intro movie with Durant throwing one down is sick. I would have to say that the J. Cole official theme song to NBA Elite is nice, too. I was actually having a good time shooting jumpers in the practice gym while listening to it.

Read More - NBA Elite 11 Demo Roundtable

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/10 01:10 PM
I don't know, Christian. I think you should have spent more time with the controls to get comfortable with them.

# 2 turftickler @ 09/25/10 01:18 PM
This read is spot on. Also, NBA Elite 11 is the worst basketball game I have ever played in the 20 years. We may be in total control in this game, but the game itself is out of control. I wish it wasn't so, because we need more than one good basketball game. We have to keep the other developers honest and true to the sport.

# 3 LingeringRegime @ 09/25/10 01:24 PM
Very fair and balanced summary of the game. EA has made this bed, and now they have to lie in it. I hope that they can make some drastic improvement for Elite 12, but those improvements "MUST" be based on community interaction. Not this whole mindset: "This is what we did, what do you guys think? It's revolutionary, isn't it?" EA needs to humble themselves and LISTEN to what people have to say on the Wish List threads. Not try to give us something we are not asking for. If Elite 12 doesn't happen, it's not because of the negativity this game has received here on OS. EA will have to take a long look in the mirror.

# 4 23 @ 09/25/10 01:29 PM
Wish there was something to disagree on, and its just plain honesty... you guys are spot on.

Sorry

# 5 lockdown50 @ 09/25/10 01:30 PM
i want a review of the game from someone that is actually good at the controls but doesnt work for ea. i find the total control to be a good and bad at the same time. i think shooting and stealing and blocking should be a "dice roll" like in 2k i made 9 3s with ray in 1 quareter( i upped the difficulty)just because im good at shooting gtfo with that. this is not a basketball simulation. why have ratings if i can make every shot and steal everytime with my noob player in become legendary?

# 6 Rocboyz101 @ 09/25/10 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Wish there was something to disagree on, and its just plain honesty... you guys are spot on.

Sorry
Same way I feel..

# 7 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth 101
You will never hit that many 3s on superstar.
People underestimate gamers and it's sad.

# 8 23 @ 09/25/10 02:00 PM
If I saw a dude can already hit 30 3pt hookshots already

and watching that cheeser hit 8 3's with kobe at the beach, anything is possible

# 9 SBartlett @ 09/25/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Very fair and balanced summary of the game. EA has made this bed, and now they have to lie in it. I hope that they can make some drastic improvement for Elite 12, but those improvements "MUST" be based on community interaction. Not this whole mindset: "This is what we did, what do you guys think? It's revolutionary, isn't it?" EA needs to humble themselves and LISTEN to what people have to say on the Wish List threads. Not try to give us something we are not asking for. If Elite 12 doesn't happen, it's not because of the negativity this game has received here on OS. EA will have to take a long look in the mirror.
I completely agree. We spoke about this on our OS radio show the other night...Da Czar was almost angry at the fact that EA changed up the controls on everyone when nobody had an issue with the controls in Live 10. I know in order to advance the franchise, one day they will have to rebuild a control scheme but they didn't come to the community as to how they should do that. It was as if they had this idea, thought* it was going to be a revolution for a basketball sim, and just threw it at us like yeah, check out the best bball sim controls you will ever see.

It was handled terribly. I don't blame the devs - it's the big dogs at EA who need to be accountable. No studio can build a basketball title from scratch in a calender year and have the depth it needs to compete with 2K.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/25/10 02:14 PM
Pretty much spot on. The controls lends itself to 1 on 1 let me cross you over and do an alley oop off the backboard type of a game, instead of team based. Anytime you can use centers and power forwards like they are PG's and not loose the ball, something is severely wrong.

All the players on Elite feel the same mainly because you can do the same exact moves with all the players just as good. And what even makes it more sad is the fact they changed the name of their game to "Elite" and it doesn't live up to the name.

I mean that is like a mexican wearing a kiss me I'm italian t shirt. It just don't make sense. I guess next year they going to call their game platinum. Anytime you got to call yourself something to make you seem good, it is doomed from the start.

None of the greatest ever called themselves great, their peers did. If you going to talk the talk, you got to be able to back it up.

# 11 pmully94 @ 09/25/10 02:18 PM
13/14 from 3 point range with Kobe on the Elite demo, in 1 quarter! The only missed shot was one that was blocked, and all of them were right in front of ray allen. I just pulled a jumper in his face. (This was on superstar difficulty btw.) How is this simulation basketball??? For the all the people that will actually buy this game, i feel sorry for them because online is just gonna be a bunch of cheesers

# 12 bmgoff11 @ 09/25/10 02:27 PM
i dis agree with the summary i like the game after getting use to the controls it plays great to me //

# 13 RICH72601 @ 09/25/10 02:33 PM
I don't think Elite is as bad as Live 07 (actually I played it the other day). Live 07 was just broken. Elite just does not feel like basketball. I did like Live 10, but EA b-ball titles just seem so generic. This is 2010 right? They have been hyping the RTP since day one and I have yet to see something in the game that makes me even think of that. Most of the time when there's contact between two players, it's just awkward. The problem with EA is that even when they have a solid product, they never build upon that. People may say 2K is the same game, but it's a good one and I feel they build on top of that every year. 2K is not perfect by any means, but IT'S BASKETBALL.

# 14 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/25/10 03:09 PM
I get the feeling that they went too far in building off 2ks weakness instead of their own strengths. Live 2010 was a more realistic game than 2k10 out of the box. With sliders it was all gravy but out of the box Live was more like the NBA even with the bad animations. They held up this strawman argument about control and canned animations which really wasn't 2ks main flaws and they were fixable flaws. CH 2k8 didn't have a problem with control or restrictive animations.

# 15 d-vonthegreat @ 09/25/10 03:43 PM
This game just strait up sucks, I never bought a ea basketball game since live 07, then i played 2k for the first time and I can never go back 2 playing ea basketball it's to arcadey, and the graphics are horible. Compared to 2k11..... Nba elite is trash and datz da truth.

# 16 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/25/10 03:53 PM
it's a sad day in EA bball land. No NCAA either, this is just depressing.

# 17 dredre @ 09/25/10 04:00 PM
the demo wasnt that bad, but its definitely a big drop off from live10

# 18 ctindal21 @ 09/25/10 04:01 PM
smh, dang EA...=(

# 19 Fngb3 @ 09/25/10 04:06 PM
I don't disagree with much here. I had this game pre-ordered along with 2K and once the demo came out promptly cancelled my order but I just wana mention a simple thing regarding the passing button that I haven't seen anyone mention yet, thought it's possible I've just missed it:
Their reasoning for mapping it to the R2/RT button is likely because the right stick sees so much use between dribbling and shooting that it would be even more awkward to try and hit X/A to pass. Think about taking a shot where the shot stick needs to stay perfectly at the top of the circle but then trying to 'slide' your finger over to X/A because you want to pass out of your shot.

The problem is (I think, but could be wrong) that a command to pass is actually activated once the trigger is 'released' not pressed. This is compounded by the greater amount of time it takes to fully compress a trigger button, versus compressing a regular button. Hopefully that's all it is and they can change it to be when you first begin to pull the R2/RT trigger.

Still aint buyin the game but figured someone should say they didn't think EA was completely insane when they moved passing off of X/A.

# 20 rEAnimator @ 09/25/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fngb3
I don't disagree with much here. I had this game pre-ordered along with 2K and once the demo came out promptly cancelled my order but I just wana mention a simple thing regarding the passing button that I haven't seen anyone mention yet, thought it's possible I've just missed it:
Their reasoning for mapping it to the R2/RT button is likely because the right stick sees so much use between dribbling and shooting that it would be even more awkward to try and hit X/A to pass. Think about taking a shot where the shot stick needs to stay perfectly at the top of the circle but then trying to 'slide' your finger over to X/A because you want to pass out of your shot.

The problem is (I think, but could be wrong) that a command to pass is actually activated once the trigger is 'released' not pressed. This is compounded by the greater amount of time it takes to fully compress a trigger button, versus compressing a regular button. Hopefully that's all it is and they can change it to be when you first begin to pull the R2/RT trigger.

Still aint buyin the game but figured someone should say they didn't think EA was completely insane when they moved passing off of X/A.
That's the exact reason we did it.

Having pass on release is so you can have more say on who the pass goes to (near or far player when they are both at the same angle from you).

The freestyle pass gives you a quicker pass doesn't it?

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.