Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

It seems production issues are to blame for the Gran Turismo 5 delay, according to GTPlanet. Yamauchi issues an apology, as seen below.

Quote:
"Apologies for the delay. It’s because time and labor were spent ironing the kinks out of a complex system. I’m really sorry. Everyone, it’s inexcusable… Wait a little longer."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rockchisler @ 10/14/10 09:44 AM
the game will come out when its ready

# 2 buddy709 @ 10/14/10 10:48 AM
I bet it has something to do with making sure u have the latest firmware to play the game. so it won't be pirated

# 3 1WEiRDguy @ 10/14/10 10:58 AM
not trying to start a console war or anything so please kids dont flame me, but for PS3 owners, does this further delay make you really anticipate the game more or just tick you off more that it seems to be the "duke nukem fornever" of the race car games?

I know i would be really upset if forza kept delaying the game for whatever reason.

# 4 ChaseB @ 10/14/10 12:23 PM
Ha, I love the "...wait a little longer" ending to that quote.

# 5 mgoblue @ 10/14/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Ha, I love the "...wait a little longer" ending to that quote.
Kind of a jab to fans...basically saying "It'll be out eventually, suck it up and deal with it"

# 6 Behindshadows @ 10/14/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I know it won't happen, but I would love if there were some poetic justice such that when the game does come out, it unexpectedly bombs (based on what this game is expected to do sales-wise), or that there's a deafening cry from fans saying "We waited all this time for THIS?!"

IMHO, it would behoove Yamauchi to get over himself and realize that the genre is catching up to him.
The reviews will be terrible, just from the Demo it's not looking to live up to the hype and most screenshots released for it are all cutscenes! Because in game looks terrible with 2D background and paper cutout crowds, etc.

# 7 Flawless @ 10/14/10 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
The reviews will be terrible
In what way?

# 8 Behindshadows @ 10/14/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
In what way?
All biased crap aside...

We've waited on this game 5 years and it's continuously getting delayed. After playing the demo a lot and I do mean a lot. I don't see anything outside of cutscenes that make this game even remotely beautiful.

And I'm a super graphics whore, this game is like a false advertisement for all the people who have waited on it. Even in the split screen GT5 vs F3 video. When passing under trees there was no real-time shadowing or reflections, when driving down identical tracks, where there should have been houses or building, GT5 put up concrete walls, trees and environments, buildings, houses are all 2D, the only thing they did was make the metals on the cars look reflective and shiny.

I want this game to be good, but with it being delaying to death. With more excuses of improving. I haven't seen anything in the game so far that other games that are already out, aren't already doing!

I hope they just have some interesting play modes that will really stand out, because even the ones listed on the demo, aren't saying much right now!

Sony needs to start showing actual footage and not cutscenes, they are misleading the faithful consumer is all I'm saying. With all the delays, sites like IGN, OS, Gamespot, etc are going to really tear this game apart, if even the slightest thing, bug, etc. is wrong!

# 9 Flawless @ 10/14/10 03:37 PM
It will get a free pass before it's torn apart.

# 10 EnigmaNemesis @ 10/16/10 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Kind of a jab to fans...basically saying "It'll be out eventually, suck it up and deal with it"

I do not think that is what it was. He speaks primarily Japanese. And it was quoted from Japanese, so some phrases do not translate well when done into English, nor does it convey the proper emotion.

We see this all the time, thus the saying "lost in translation".

# 11 RumbleCard @ 10/17/10 05:34 PM
With this many delays bugs and glitches will absolutely inexcusable.

# 12 King10Sooted @ 10/17/10 05:41 PM
Yea, the problem they have is that they have to release a pretty much perfect game or people are going to jump all over them for the tiniest thing. This isnt going to have much of an impact on GT5 sales, people will still buy the game. If it does flop and isnt pretty much perfect GT6 might have a little more trouble selling though.

# 13 Whitesox @ 10/18/10 11:22 PM
It's a shame, but you guys are probably right. Any bug or glitch, which will exist (making games is hard, no one will ever be perfect). These glitches, even if they are miniscule, will get pointed out again and again.

People need to calm down. It will be out when it's out. Step back, and realize that this is a truly massive game, and that it takes time to make. Especially when they are adding more features, and fixing bugs.

The amount of delays should have absolutely no bearing on any review scores or opinions of the game.

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 10/19/10 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
It's a shame, but you guys are probably right. Any bug or glitch, which will exist (making games is hard, no one will ever be perfect). These glitches, even if they are miniscule, will get pointed out again and again.

People need to calm down. It will be out when it's out. Step back, and realize that this is a truly massive game, and that it takes time to make. Especially when they are adding more features, and fixing bugs.

The amount of delays should have absolutely no bearing on any review scores or opinions of the game.
Agreed. This isn't an annual sports game. Announced 4 years ago, and in development for 5 is not unheard of. Especially the amount of content and polish this game will contain.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.