Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch version 1.1 is available now for the PS3, check out the details.

Quote:
"Hey guys,
As many of you that booted up your PS3 this morning discovered, there is a new patch for NBA 2K11. This patch is to help address a couple online stability issues exclusively and does not touch anything else. We wanted to get this out there as soon as we could to see if we could knock them out so this patch was submitted much earlier in the process than usual and greenlit for immediate release (explaining why it's not available for 360 yet).

There will be the normal "kitchen sink" patch that will deal with much of your contributed feedback to Gameplay, My Player, etc. in the usual late November / early December timeline for the 360/PS3/PC. Let me repeat that nothing was changed in the patch that went up today that you will outwardly notice except maybe improvement to overall matchmaking. Do me a favor and keep me posted on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Ronnie2K) how online is the next few days!

The 360 patch will hit in the coming days. I will try to get a better timeline. Thanks!

Ronnie"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fatleg3 @ 10/25/10 03:12 PM
i can finally play online now. thank you. this is all i have wanted

# 42 Slinky O @ 10/25/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Decomber? Is that the month between Rocktober and Toyotathon?

I respect the Daniel Tosh reference.

My 2 cents are that its ridiculous if I have to wait till December for a patch to start playing association, I was expecting that patch in the next 2 weeks, not next 2 months

# 43 Adzs K2 @ 10/25/10 03:40 PM
Looks like i won't be able to continue my continuosly freezing my player for another month :S :S :S

# 44 UHCougarfan @ 10/25/10 04:22 PM
Downloaded patch and now my game keeps freezing up...WTF

# 45 sportskid84 @ 10/25/10 04:31 PM
Yea it was a problem with the online on the Ps3 cuz I could never find a rank game

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 46 bado123 @ 10/25/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
So for the PS3 they couldnt even fix the Arena Music?? So its still a broken feature?? And now we wait until late Nov/early Dec for a real patch?? A basic 2 month wait??

I guess the no-competition curse lives on. Since EA decided not to release Elite, 2k has now decided to act very EA-like.

I just got up out of my seat on the 2k train, not ready to jump off yet. But this is pretty bad to me because they atleast could have fixed the custom arena music thing so we could have a feature that works like its supposed to. BUMMER.
bro before you ask questions like this click the link and read the 2 paragraphs that Ronnie wrote that explicitly answer your question.

# 47 DonWuan @ 10/25/10 04:40 PM
I guess people really dont take 2 secs out there busy day to actually read the first post.

# 48 econoodle @ 10/25/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
whatever that link is supposed to do, it's doing something else.
yikes that was weird
i just copy and pasted the 2k forum thread.

# 49 NINJAK2 @ 10/25/10 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Thanks for checking, Tobi!

I'm confused Sitting at work following this thread and the one on the 2K Forum. So far nobody hasn't noticed ANY changes or fixes.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showt...=273890&page=2
Did any of you bother to actually READ the initial post or click on the link? They said that the patch only effects online functionality and does not address any gameplay issues...

# 50 JJT @ 10/25/10 04:44 PM
LOL @ the posts above me. Don't you guys realize that a mod edited the title and first post long after the thread was made

# 51 truballer845 @ 10/25/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I'm playing My Player at the moment and the game is still repeating the same track during time outs.
this patch was for online stability,there will be another one in november or december that might address that issue of yours.

# 52 MajaFiggaz @ 10/25/10 04:57 PM
Quote:

"This patch is to help address a couple online stability issues exclusively and does not touch anything else. "

"Let me repeat that nothing was changed in the patch that went up today that you will outwardly notice except maybe improvement to overall matchmaking."
Reading is essential guys.

# 53 JJT @ 10/25/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajaFiggaz
Reading is essential guys.
Fail.

# 54 hotsizz1e03 @ 10/25/10 05:03 PM
IDK bout you guys.. but i have a ps3 and since this update.. my game is sayin that my rosters has been verified or updated, so ill have fewer search results in quick ranked matches.. This NEVER happened before this stupid patch! And dont be a noob by saying: "Well did you update your rosters?".. My record online 20-5. im always playing onilne.. This patch is no good.. but i will tell you one thing, it does get me into matches VERY VERY quick than before.. But after one game.. After i WIn of course.. lol and im ready to go at it again.. It gives me that message and FREEZES!! URGHH!!!! freaking 2k11..

# 55 NINJAK2 @ 10/25/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Did you bother to read through the thread?

For the 1000th time, those posts were made before the first post was updated.
Nope Ace. I read all the way up to the point where i responded to Kong's post (page 2 out of 7). Up to that point eveyone was asking the same question that seemed to me had been answered in the initial post when i clicked on the link..Thanks for your clarification..

# 56 Mintsa @ 10/25/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Hopefully this works.......I was getting a little tired waiting around for ranked matches. I could've played so many games online if I was able to find a match right away !

Some nights it worked well.......other nights....................waiting forever.

Hopefully things got corrected, it's been corrected other years, so hopefully it's going to work now.
For anyone who actually cares about online stability.....I just tested out trying to find ranked games and it WORKS.

I was able to find a match, quit out of the game at the team select screen and find a match again....7 straight times and it took no more than seconds to find a game. Hopefully this keeps up.

# 57 BroMontana82 @ 10/25/10 06:16 PM
kind of sucks the "real" patch won't be out for awhile especially for those waiting to start an association.

# 58 oldman @ 10/25/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
kind of sucks the "real" patch won't be out for awhile especially for those waiting to start an association.
One good thing though about knowing this is that I am currently playing a side Association. My main team is the Thunder, but right now I am playing as the Cavs. I was planning on waiting until after the patch before finishing my first season, but now that I see how things are going, I am going to get to the end and see if I can pick up anybody in Free Agency and turn my team around!

# 59 BroMontana82 @ 10/25/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
One good thing though about knowing this is that I am currently playing a side Association. My main team is the Thunder, but right now I am playing as the Cavs. I was planning on waiting until after the patch before finishing my first season, but now that I see how things are going, I am going to get to the end and see if I can pick up anybody in Free Agency and turn my team around!
yeah i will probably end up doing the same sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Just wondering why this game NEEDS a patch, its awesome
gameplay wise, i'm all set. i can live with minor annoyances. but there are a lot of association issues that will have to be fixed in the patch: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tch-items.html

potential is a big one as it's throwing off trades and not actually determining potential. 2k's on it though so better late than never.

# 60 Wiffyjustus @ 10/25/10 06:45 PM
This has been a most entertaining thread.

I was so close to typing a "can't you read" post. Fortunately, i decided to 'read' a bit further before posting. :P

The confusion is understandable of both parts, but it makes a good, if somewhat repetitive read.

So, does the matchmaking seem to be better?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.