Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Disappointed in the submission system for UFC Undisputed 2010? Well, let your voice be heard in a new UFC Undisputed "Future" survey.

Quote:
"There have been a lot of different opinions in the community on the Submission system for UFC Undisputed 2010. As we develop the future of UFC Undisputed, we would like to hear your ideas and suggestions dealing strictly with submissions.

A few things to consider:

This feedback is being reviewed for the development of our next project, so anything goes.

This survey is dedicated to giving you, the community, the opportunity to have your voice heard."

I played this game for the 1st time since June last night. Downloaded the patch. I see they updated tattoos and re-rated half of the roster. The camps are fully functional now too.

I don't know why people say the fighters on EA Sports MMA moves around the ring fast, because when I was playing UFC Undisputed 2010 last night, their fighters move around the ring fast now, after the patch.

But anyway... Everybody take part in the survey, right here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thegut @ 11/02/10 01:33 PM
Just finished the survey. I can't believe they have to do a survey to figure out that nobody likes the "shine". If they read any forum at all that discusses the game they would know just as much. They could also play EA's game and find out why people rave about its sub system.

# 2 sb24 @ 11/02/10 02:33 PM
Im sure they will ignore the answers but I was detailed about how terrible the enitre system is compared to EA's. I mean come on these are the same guys who told use that Machida's takedown and the omaplata werent things that needed to be tweaked before having to show how wrong they were when they patched those 2 things.

# 3 statum71 @ 11/02/10 03:40 PM
Thanks. Glad to take part.

# 4 PlatooN @ 11/02/10 10:38 PM
i submitted my opinion.......god i hate "shining"

# 5 Azamien @ 11/02/10 11:27 PM
There were two reasons I didn't buy this year's UFC game.

1. Rather than taking out "the shine" they made it more prevalent.

2. Rather than toning down the flash KO occurrences they ramped them up to even more unrealistic levels.

It sounds like they're considering fixing at least one of my major issues with the game, so I hold out hope for next year.

# 6 Iadf @ 11/03/10 12:59 AM
I actually like the shine, i just think its too hard to pulll off.
The EA mmas way was ****ty to me i found it to easy and boring to pull off .too sum it it up

# 7 BUCTD3 @ 11/03/10 01:53 AM
I responded and hope that they take what was submitted seriously. If they don't then it is on them that they have a crappy game with awful sales. The thing that blows my mind about the submission system is that Damian Maia can't submit Drew McFedries in the first round. If you are trying to make an accurate dipiction than Maia would be absolutely unbelievable on the ground and McFedries would suck.

# 8 JoeMimic @ 11/03/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCTD3
I responded and hope that they take what was submitted seriously. If they don't then it is on them that they have a crappy game with awful sales. The thing that blows my mind about the submission system is that Damian Maia can't submit Drew McFedries in the first round. If you are trying to make an accurate dipiction than Maia would be absolutely unbelievable on the ground and McFedries would suck.
I always hated that too. Maia should have a huge advantage in that situation and he doesn't. I hate that you have to wear a guy down just to do a submission too. I know not everyone likes sliders but if they're going to stick with the shine perhaps a shine sensitivity slider for offline games to effect how perfect your shine has to be to be successful.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 9 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/03/10 08:12 PM
Quote:
The thing that blows my mind about the submission system is that Damian Maia can't submit Drew McFedries in the first round.

That was also one of my biggest gripes about the UFC game, other then the shine and legs kicks don't matter. To me they completely neutered the BJJ and judo guys. No way should a black belt struggle to submitt a person with poor submission skills.

Their ratings really didn't matter at all. You could take somebody with 93 sub offense vs a guy with 33 sub defense and you still would struggle to make them submit. It made no sense at all.

But usually in business, companies tend to borrow their competitors ideas and make it their own. So I hope they play the hell out of EA MMA and borrow some ideas.

# 10 JoeMimic @ 11/04/10 04:53 AM
If they insist on keeping the shine, they better tie it into the ratings better. If I'm in a Maia/McFedries ground scenario I shouldn't need a ton of perfect spins to submit him. Same goes for anything else that required the shine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 11 Luck911 @ 11/04/10 08:20 PM
Note: I voted to get rid of shine system

It is my opinion subs should be a two part process

1.Initiation process:The act of applying the sub
2.The actual sub:The act of bending the limb or choking person

EA game does it better but for the most part it still one button press and you have person in a sub.What i am suggesting

1.One button press initiates process(the struggle system like a EA)
2.If you lock in the sub then you have to shine or button mash to finish.

That is what is wrong with game in my opinion.Elite BJJ guy will lock the sub in most cases.If Maia gets your back in most case he will put on the sub and finish.Subs need to be a clear part two process because it will also create a realistic sub defense process for example you will never be able to armbar a Royce Gracie or put Big Nog in rear naked choke because recognize the position and set up and will never let themselves get put in that position.So every sub has two chances of escaping Initiation process and in the sub process.

# 12 allBthere @ 11/08/10 08:05 PM
we need to be able to defend/deny sub's to begin with before the shine even starts. Maybe if you're wary of being submitted and defending against it, you can't attack or something like that -

Move the punching back to the way '09 was in many ways. Jabs longer than hooks, faster and snappier and fast 1-2's. This may require to slow down other moves.

Bring down the 'street fighter' aspect and increase the 'sim' aspect.

Have ability to check leg kicks and make leg kicks a viable game plan. Increase number of takedown/throws and don't waste them all on contexts that may never occur during an entire single player career.

Change training completely, it's not enjoyable the way it is and it needs to be otherwise why am I playing?

Maybe conider implementing natural motion in SOME respects.

and most importantly don't just change things for the sake of change.
The producer (who seems like such a d-bag) was like 'we didn't have to change and add all this, but we did anyway becaue we wanted to ......'

just don't.

# 13 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/08/10 10:08 PM
Took the survey. Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed UFC 09.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.