Home
NHL 11 News Post

NHL 11 patch is available now for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

If you missed the details of the patch, click here.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/08/10 04:17 AM
same here

# 2 newjerseydamo @ 11/08/10 04:35 AM
an early release? *goes to play NHL11*

EDIT: Got prompted for a ~30mb 1.01 update, not 1.02 (i have a PAL/European region if that makes a difference).

Downloaded and updated fine.
Played a game against CPU.
Instantly felt faster, more even stats, and overall a slightly better feel.

No idea what the complete update did though, hopefully we find out soon with a blog or complete change log.

# 3 b3organ @ 11/08/10 05:39 AM
Patch is released at least for European PS-users. Probably for U.S. also.

# 4 jvalverde88 @ 11/08/10 05:46 AM
Looks like European and US PS3 users have the update.

# 5 Section_25 @ 11/08/10 06:23 AM
Yup...downloading now.

# 6 Section_25 @ 11/08/10 06:39 AM
I downloaded the patch earlier for the PS3, but won't have time to play until later. A saw a comment that the game stats seemed more balanced after the patch.

Opinions?

# 7 BleacherCreature @ 11/08/10 07:59 AM
Good day to have off!

# 8 Woo-Hoo-1 @ 11/08/10 08:40 AM
Good day, indeed!

I did start a new regular season after the download, and discovered the original rosters. I had downloaded the new ones last week, but had to do so again. Strange.

# 9 cheechoo98 @ 11/08/10 09:07 AM
Canada PS3.. It's out too! Sweet!

# 10 slickdtc @ 11/08/10 09:50 AM
Thanks for the heads, I'm off to download and play now. So much for getting in a game of Madden this morning. I've been waiting for this since September!

# 11 Vanman2425 @ 11/08/10 10:35 AM
Any word if it fixes Be A GM mode? I.E. star players in the AHL, or your franchise losing control of CHL prospects after year one? If this patch only fixes gameplay issues, it's pretty worthless as the meat and potatoes mode is still unplayable.

# 12 Steven547 @ 11/08/10 10:48 AM
The Star players in the AHL I guess was fixed in the latest Roster update. As far as the other stuff, no idea.

# 13 BleacherCreature @ 11/08/10 10:54 AM
Puck feels looser.
CPU didn't pressure me much with my original pre-patch sliders so I upped their difficulty to 3 and it made a big difference. I made a few mistakes which eventually cost me the game, but it didn't feel "fake". I made a few bad passes, the CPU gained control and eventually got me chasing the puck and left a man open in front.
CPU seems to cycle a little more with the new patch and the difficulty upped a few notches.
SOG, TOP, and penalty minutes are pretty equal now.
Me likes.

# 14 savoie2006 @ 11/08/10 11:07 AM
Is the Auto Backwards Skate fixed? I would check myself, but I have to wait until I replace my controller, which my son destroyed.

# 15 slickdtc @ 11/08/10 11:13 AM
You can definitely feel the difference without trying super hard to recognize it. The movements (momentum, maybe) of the players seemed different, for the better. Coincidence or not, but two of my goals went off my opponent's body. One was a cross crease pass, off a D man, who then kicked it off a teammate past the goalie. The other hit post then crossbar then bounced for a second then a D man ran into it past the goalie. lol

I haven't tested if it fixes BAGM, but since that's what it's supposed to do, I assume it would work. Hopefully it doesn't create other problems...

# 16 BleacherCreature @ 11/08/10 11:13 AM
Blaming your son for a broken controller. That's terrible. Just kidding.
I never paid much attention to the back skatiing so I can't tell if it's fixed.
Something did seem a little different though, as in when controlling a D-man if I wasn't in the right position for my guy to turn and skate backwards then I would get beat to one side. I'm guessing that's what needed to be fixed so I will say yes, it's fixed.

# 17 savoie2006 @ 11/08/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Blaming your son for a broken controller. That's terrible. Just kidding.
I never paid much attention to the back skatiing so I can't tell if it's fixed.
Something did seem a little different though, as in when controlling a D-man if I wasn't in the right position for my guy to turn and skate backwards then I would get beat to one side. I'm guessing that's what needed to be fixed so I will say yes, it's fixed.
What I'm asking is does it now save in the control settings? Before all the other control settings saved, but not the Auto skate backwards.

It was my fault as for the controller. I let him play with it all the time and it finally back fired on me.

# 18 Redshirt_EA @ 11/08/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Is the Auto Backwards Skate fixed? I would check myself, but I have to wait until I replace my controller, which my son destroyed.
No. A tuning update after the 360 patch is out will reenable auto-backskate for online.

# 19 kt-od @ 11/08/10 11:23 AM
Were the Stanley Cup patches added with the update?

# 20 Redshirt_EA @ 11/08/10 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
What I'm asking is does it now save in the control settings? Before all the other control settings saved, but not the Auto skate backwards.

It was my fault as for the controller. I let him play with it all the time and it finally back fired on me.
Oh, I thought you meant it working for online games. I wasn't aware of a save problem, unless it is that saving the setting doesn't work for online. It has saved for me though, so either it is fixed with the patch or it is a problem in a specific situation and we'll have to get more details to figure it out.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.