Home
NHL 11 News Post

NHL 11 patch is available now for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

If you missed the details of the patch, click here.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Qb @ 11/08/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
Oh, I thought you meant it working for online games. I wasn't aware of a save problem, unless it is that saving the setting doesn't work for online. It has saved for me though, so either it is fixed with the patch or it is a problem in a specific situation and we'll have to get more details to figure it out.
I think it was defaulting to 'on' after going into an online game. Been playing mostly EASHL so when I boot up it was usually set to on, but it would save for back-to-back offline games. Guess we'll know for sure once the patch & tuner are out.

# 22 Fiddy @ 11/08/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
No. A tuning update after the 360 patch is out will reenable auto-backskate for online.
will the tuner update drop on say Wednesday if the patch is out tomorrow on the 360?

# 23 OutcastNeedhelp37 @ 11/08/10 11:53 AM
Is this a real patch with proper players in proper teams.

# 24 savoie2006 @ 11/08/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Oh, I thought you meant it working for online games. I wasn't aware of a save problem, unless it is that saving the setting doesn't work for online. It has saved for me though, so either it is fixed with the patch or it is a problem in a specific situation and we'll have to get more details to figure it out.
Offline, it wouldn't save. You have to go back into the control settings and switch it to off, every time you start up the game.

# 25 savoie2006 @ 11/08/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastNeedhelp37
Is this a real patch with proper players in proper teams.
That has nothing to do with the patch. That's a roster issue, which will be handled every two weeks from this point.

# 26 BTW8892 @ 11/08/10 12:26 PM
Quote:
Hey Redshirt,

Just wanted to get a confirmation on the 1500 XP Be a GM glitch. Will you need to start over your Be a GM in order for the glitch to be fixed with the patch? Or can I continue mine and it will automatically fix it. Just curious, thanks.

# 27 canucksss @ 11/08/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892
Hey Redshirt,

Just wanted to get a confirmation on the 1500 XP Be a GM glitch. Will you need to start over your Be a GM in order for the glitch to be fixed with the patch? Or can I continue mine and it will automatically fix it. Just curious, thanks.

im curious about this too.....but if not, it will be fine for me to re-start all over again (even if i played 25 games now) as long as this XP glitch is cured. plus now we have the latest roster updates that answers the NHL stars in AHL bug. im so eager to start my BGM mode =)

btw, when are we going to have the roster update that will include all the missing players from the last roster update due to PHPA signings?

# 28 ChewieNhl @ 11/08/10 01:39 PM
Both the 1500xp bug and the junior players issues should be fixed in your existing Be a GMs. So players should begin spending their XP properly afterwards. If some junior players are already in the free agent pool or if it bothers you that some players would not have been maximizing their growth, then it might be a good idea to start again (with the latest roster updates as well).

And yes, the superstars in the AHL bug should have been fixed in the last roster update.

# 29 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/08/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewieNhl
Both the 1500xp bug and the junior players issues should be fixed in your existing Be a GMs. So players should begin spending their XP properly afterwards. If some junior players are already in the free agent pool or if it bothers you that some players would not have been maximizing their growth, then it might be a good idea to start again (with the latest roster updates as well).

And yes, the superstars in the AHL bug should have been fixed in the last roster update.
What if you are using manual custom rosters? Is the superstars to AHL bug fixed for that?

# 30 ChewieNhl @ 11/08/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
What if you are using manual custom rosters? Is the superstars to AHL bug fixed for that?
Yes, the bug should be fixed for custom rosters. The roster update had a temporary fix for the issue but the patch has a proper fix.

# 31 Stormyhog @ 11/08/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Offline, it wouldn't save. You have to go back into the control settings and switch it to off, every time you start up the game.
I turned the auto-backskate off and when I turned the game on the next time I played it was still off so it appears to be fixed. I have the PS3 version.

# 32 xx19kilosoldier @ 11/08/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewieNhl
Yes, the bug should be fixed for custom rosters. The roster update had a temporary fix for the issue but the patch has a proper fix.
THanks for you and redshirt dropping in to answer questions.

Do you know if the patch will be out tomorrow or not for the xbox?

Understand there are delays and I am not trying to give you crap, just curious if its coming out or not.

# 33 dammit100 @ 11/08/10 05:35 PM
Just played an EASHL game, and my player felt like he was skating in caramel. Everything seemed sluggish: skating speed, agility, puck control, the whole lot. Also, the skater's turning radius feels like a city bus.

And fwiw, my ratings on those are:
SPD 91
ACL: 92
AGL: 80
Puck Control:

This game was a completely different experience than the games I played last night. Altogether, it was not an enjoyable game in the slightest.

# 34 vorg7 @ 11/08/10 05:54 PM
With the patch, do you advance in a HUT tournament if someone quits on you?

# 35 ucas005 @ 11/08/10 06:00 PM
Jr. players becoming FA's too early in BaGM looks to be fixed. This was a major game killer for me. I didn't see near as many or high quality young prospects available as UFAs during the first free agency period ... however there were still some minor instances. For example these players were available as UFAs after season 1: David Rundblad, Tim Erixon, and Landon Farraro. All first round picks last year that I doubt teams would give up on after only 1 year after drafting them so high.

I can deal with this though. This is very minor to what it was before the patch. Quick fix for me was that I signed these 3 players and traded them back to their teams for 7th round picks.

# 36 ucas005 @ 11/08/10 06:04 PM
Only other goofy transactions during the season that caught my eye was:
1. AGAIN, Jimmy Howard being demoted to AHL even though he was having a solid season.
2. Ottawa tries to move Brian Elliott to the AHL. Obviously that wasn't going to slip through the cracks as he was picked up off waivers by LA.

Also, Sidney Crosby led the league in points with 114 (51 goals) and Ovechkin was 3rd in points with 99. Take the good with the bad.

# 37 plaidchuck @ 11/08/10 07:45 PM
kinda dissappointed to see the phantom elbowing calls still there... Also have the goalies been boosted again? Seems like it...

# 38 hort22 @ 11/08/10 08:46 PM
just played my first game post patch...cpu didnt get called for a penalty the entire game...game feels looser or something...passes were tougher to connect...handling the puck was tougher then normal as well...lots of loose pucks cpu and myself.

cup shots and attack time were about the same as mine...and faceoffs seemed to be a bit tougher, so thats good.

now a question what tuner is everyone using for this patch?

i used 1.05 and the game felt way different then prepatch tuner 1.05

# 39 Splitter77 @ 11/08/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
kinda dissappointed to see the phantom elbowing calls still there... Also have the goalies been boosted again? Seems like it...
goalies felt exactly the same for me. scored 5 goals in my first game with the patch.

# 40 superbus @ 11/08/10 11:16 PM
The 1500XP bug is fixed! It now shows more than 1500 XP... which are never spent, so far. I have guys on my team with 2,600XP (in a continued season), and 0 improvement .So really, they just removed the cap, so that instead of throwing away that experience, you packrat it away. Presumably to spend while you HIBERNATE.

I'm testing things with a new BAGM mode.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.