Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Check out the EA Sports MMA patch details.

Quote:
"Hey EA SPORTS MMA Community! I just wanted to take a second and fill you in on the progress of the patch efforts that are currently under way. First we’d like to thank everyone who has sent in issues to the team thus far! We’ve identified some key issues that we’ll be attempting to patch and have been working diligently to get the fixes integrated into the product. Some of the issues we are looking to patch include:
  • Reducing the range and combo speed for hook to hook combos to the body
  • Increasing the stamina loss for failed takedown attempts
  • Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
  • Enlarged window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
  • Adding Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
  • 10 Point scoring system fixes
  • Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
  • Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
  • Fix issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
  • Resolve issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches
The test team is currently testing to make sure fixes to the above issues will not cause any new issues to surface. The test team should have testing wrapped up very soon, however they need to ensure all versions (for the multiple regions) successfully get the patch integrated, and that all of them play nice with each other. Once testing has completed Microsoft and Sony will also need to test the patch submission on their end as well.

Thanks again everyone for your patience, and for sending in your issues! Stay tuned for more info."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/08/10 04:08 PM
I for 1 am a little dissapointed, 2 main issues on why classic spam is successful and neither were addressed, 1. was the animation glitch where the combo continues off a parried shot with the hand that wasnt parried. 2 sprawls can be initiated and break up queued up punches in a combo and cancel it out. my ideas for fixes were to make an animation reset that locked out a folllow up punch until the fighter reset himself, the fighter would still be able to bring hands back up to block or parry while resetting, just couldnt finish the combo, if you tried to continue the combo, you leave yourself open to a counter. For the super sprawl issue, my suggestion was simply lock out the sprawl until the animations for all queued up punches finish. make them pick their shots and work to stay standing as opposed to letting them fire off at will and say i dont care if you still have 2 more punches cued up while being takendown mid hook, your sprawl command will override all of that and be successful, and people wonder why takedowns are spammed because what should be successful takedowns get sprawwled with ease.

# 2 sb24 @ 11/08/10 11:09 PM
Im getting tired of the way guys are just throwing crazy quick shots to the body on the ground and destroying your stamina. I really need to figure out something about that.

# 3 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/09/10 01:06 PM
Sb, parry the shots if they are throwing a lot, but once you start parrying, start looking to pass or sub. The main reason bottom bashers complain about the triangle is because they are too slow to let go of their parry and get to the deny, so you can kick the back to make them parry, then throw up the triangle.

# 4 sb24 @ 11/09/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Sb, parry the shots if they are throwing a lot, but once you start parrying, start looking to pass or sub. The main reason bottom bashers complain about the triangle is because they are too slow to let go of their parry and get to the deny, so you can kick the back to make them parry, then throw up the triangle.
Well my issue was I was the one on top in full guard, and I was trying to parry but it didnt seem effective at all. My issue was how quick it can drain your stamina. In my BRIEF experiance with the online, the whole ground game is who can land/parry body shots. I was stunned when I took a guy down and had no issues getting to side control. I then realized its because he wont attempt to deny because letting you passing isnt dangerous but letting you hit body shots is. The whole ground game is all about body shots and that pretty much has killed all intrest I had in playing online(aside from with OSers).

# 5 CYST2000 @ 11/09/10 03:44 PM
Yeah, two times in a row for me. I took on two different opponents in a row who used buttons and used it with body kicks and punches. Needless to say I lost the first one, because all my opponent did was body kicks and when my stamina was depleted he subbed me. The second was a title fight, and he kept up with the body kicks into the third round, and then my batteries died. He even sent me a message saying, "I was his best fight to date, and he noticed I stopped blocking and thought my controllers batteries died, but he didn't want to win the fight that way".

I can't stand this button layout, and to me it feels cheap. EA, please make the button spammers control slow down.

# 6 TheShizNo1 @ 11/09/10 05:07 PM
Leave it to ****ing idiots to find ways to ruin games

# 7 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/09/10 08:41 PM
there is a new exploit, some joker was foing it to me earlier, they alternate parries, and deny transitions at the same time i was even timing the transition on them parrying air and still getting denied, it was one of the ***est things ive seen in gaming.

# 8 sb24 @ 11/09/10 11:13 PM
I just had a guy chain 5-6 straight submissions and yet no matter how many times I hit A I couldnt block it with Souza (99 arm submission and 99 grapple D). Not liking that.

# 9 CYST2000 @ 11/10/10 08:51 PM
Like I said, I really like the way this game is set up, but the on-line part of the game is the worst ever. THQ is lucky this game hasn't sold well so far, but I believe after some tweaks, some word of mouth, and closer towards Christmas this game will take off. It is far and away a better fight engine and game then what THQ has to offer.

And to think I was one of this games biggest naysayer's before it launched. I also believe the Demo was terrible, but the final build is awesome.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 11/11/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Like I said, I really like the way this game is set up, but the on-line part of the game is the worst ever. THQ is lucky this game hasn't sold well so far, but I believe after some tweaks, some word of mouth, and closer towards Christmas this game will take off. It is far and away a better fight engine and game then what THQ has to offer.

And to think I was one of this games biggest naysayer's before it launched. I also believe the Demo was terrible, but the final build is awesome.
The game wont take off. The word of mouth and reviews have been great and the game still hasnt sold. Maybe if EA dropped the price to 20 or 30 people would give it a shot but the failure of this game just shows the power of the UFC brand.

# 11 delspf @ 11/11/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The game wont take off. The word of mouth and reviews have been great and the game still hasnt sold. Maybe if EA dropped the price to 20 or 30 people would give it a shot but the failure of this game just shows the power of the UFC brand.
No it just shows that releasing a game with a lack of advertising, against games like Fallout, The Sims, Fable 3 etc during he same week does.

UFC may have sold alot but at the same time they lost alot of future customers. I am one of those. The game had ALOT of returns on it along with it being traded it.

The little i was able to play EA MMA, it showed me its a good game & if EA keeps at it, will get better. Id have the game now if my funds werent tighter then a fly's butt hole.

# 12 aholbert32 @ 11/11/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
No it just shows that releasing a game with a lack of advertising, against games like Fallout, The Sims, Fable 3 etc during he same week does.

UFC may have sold alot but at the same time they lost alot of future customers. I am one of those. The game had ALOT of returns on it along with it being traded it.

The little i was able to play EA MMA, it showed me its a good game & if EA keeps at it, will get better. Id have the game now if my funds werent tighter then a fly's butt hole.
Just stop it. One, the game had plenty of advertising. I actually heard that EA had already purchased a ton of advertising slots for NBA Elite and needed ads to fill those slots. Guess what game they chose...EA MMA. There were tons of ads shown for this game. I actually think Ive seen more EA MMA ads than NBA 2k11 ads.

Two, you will buy UFC 2012 if its a good game. So will everybody here. If its a good game and they fix the issues that are in 2010, everybody here bashing UFC 2010 will buy the new game. It will be a year and a half between MMA games and everybody here will be thirsty to play a new one.

Finally, I doubt there were a ton of returns for UFC 2010. I cant think of a major retailer that accepts returns for open games. Trade ins dont hurt THQ's bottom line because those people already purchased the game.

# 13 delspf @ 11/11/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Just stop it. One, the game had plenty of advertising. I actually heard that EA had already purchased a ton of advertising slots for NBA Elite and needed ads to fill those slots. Guess what game they chose...EA MMA. There were tons of ads shown for this game. I actually think Ive seen more EA MMA ads than NBA 2k11 ads.

Two, you will buy UFC 2012 if its a good game. So will everybody here. If its a good game and they fix the issues that are in 2010, everybody here bashing UFC 2010 will buy the new game. It will be a year and a half between MMA games and everybody here will be thirsty to play a new one.

Finally, I doubt there were a ton of returns for UFC 2010. I cant think of a major retailer that accepts returns for open games. Trade ins dont hurt THQ's bottom line because those people already purchased the game.
I hardly seen any advertising on TV for the game outside of strikeforce shows...which have been far and few between.

No, I won't buy the next UFC. I was really hyped for the game but 2010 felt like i was punched in the face and robbed.

There were alot returns AND trade ins for the game. It got to the point where some stores were not accepting trade ins on 2010 because they got too many in.

I see you didnt bother to refute the fact they released the same week as those other titles.

Either way, I hope EA sticks with their MMA. I personally think it is a better game & after seeing how old & plain the wrestling games Yukes been behind the past few years, expect that with the UFC game...hope not because competition is great for quality.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 11/11/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
I hardly seen any advertising on TV for the game outside of strikeforce shows...which have been far and few between.

No, I won't buy the next UFC. I was really hyped for the game but 2010 felt like i was punched in the face and robbed.

There were alot returns AND trade ins for the game. It got to the point where some stores were not accepting trade ins on 2010 because they got too many in.

I see you didnt bother to refute the fact they released the same week as those other titles.

Either way, I hope EA sticks with their MMA. I personally think it is a better game & after seeing how old & plain the wrestling games Yukes been behind the past few years, expect that with the UFC game...hope not because competition is great for quality.
I'm watching the WEC show on Versus and lo and behold I just saw my 2nd EA MMA commercial of the night. I saw a ton during UFC 120 too.

You'll buy it if its good.

There were no returns. A return and a tradein are totally different. THQ/UFC dont lose money on tradeins so that really doesnt matter to them.

Fallout, the Sims and Fable arent exactly direct competition. I dont see a MMA fan deciding to not buy a MMA game because those games came out the same week. Even if that was the case, the game has been out for over a month. Word of mouth and Reviews should have sold this game in subsequent weeks but it hasnt because the UFC brand is the dominant brand.

# 15 CYST2000 @ 11/12/10 02:02 AM
Point is this, people are hurting for money, and people are making purchases based on popularity. When the holiday season comes around, look for this game's sales to flurish. The fact that I have read at least five different posts by OS'ers about wanting to buy this game, but can't afford it at this time, is a good sign people are listening to what the MMA fans are saying about EA MMA; and yes by holiday time this game will be lowered to $40 bucks, but I believe this game will be gobbled up in late NOV to early DEC, and in part to people getting sick of the UFC game, and wanting something different.

# 16 Phobia @ 11/12/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Point is this, people are hurting for money, and people are making purchases based on popularity. When the holiday season comes around, look for this game's sales to flurish. The fact that I have read at least five different posts by OS'ers about wanting to buy this game, but can't afford it at this time, is a good sign people are listening to what the MMA fans are saying about EA MMA; and yes by holiday time this game will be lowered to $40 bucks, but I believe this game will be gobbled up in late NOV to early DEC, and in part to people getting sick of the UFC game, and wanting something different.
Its the better game without a doubt. So it is sad to see a brand is the cause for people not wanting to buy a better game.

# 17 aholbert32 @ 11/12/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Using OS as a barometer to determine if a game will sell is a very bad move. Looking at this forum, you would think that Madden was the worst football game ever invented and Backbreaker is flying off the shelves.

I like EA MMA alot. I think its a much better game than UFC 2010. That doesnt change the fact that most people only know the UFC. They want the game with the UFC fighters. Fighters theyve heard of like GSP, Silva, Brock, Chuck. Most casual fans dont know who Fedor or Nick
Diaz is. They know Couture and thats it. Thats the reason why the game isnt selling. Its not because they arent promoting it (I saw 5 EA MMA commercials during WEC 52 last night.) Its because to most people the UFC is the only brand that matters in MMA.

# 18 CaptainZombie @ 11/12/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Using OS as a barometer to determine if a game will sell is a very bad move. Looking at this forum, you would think that Madden was the worst football game ever invented and Backbreaker is flying off the shelves.

I like EA MMA alot. I think its a much better game than UFC 2010. That doesnt change the fact that most people only know the UFC. They want the game with the UFC fighters. Fighters theyve heard of like GSP, Silva, Brock, Chuck. Most casual fans dont know who Fedor or Nick
Diaz is. They know Couture and thats it. Thats the reason why the game isnt selling. Its not because they arent promoting it (I saw 5 EA MMA commercials during WEC 52 last night.) Its because to most people the UFC is the only brand that matters in MMA.
I agree with you here. Over the weekend I was at a party and were talking UFC with a few of the guys. The moment I mentioned the three letters MMA, this guy looked at me like I had 3 heads on my shoulders. There are people out there that have no clue what MMA is and only know the letters UFC.

# 19 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/12/10 11:22 AM
Aholbert is right on the money here. EA probably understands this better than anyone. They are a big brand themselves, but when making an MMA game, their branding isn't enough. As others pointed out. Casual fans don't even know the sport as MMA. They only know UFC. Go back to 08 before EA got rid of the guy making the first couple next gen Madden games, and all pro football 2k8 was released. For straight gameplay, 2k8 wiped the floor with Madden 08. But failed for 2 reasons. 1, moron tournament player couldn't put his fastest player at qb and dominate. sadly that is the largest demographic of videogame football player. So it was too hard and they had to think too much. 2. No NFL. If people don't see the cowboys colts giants eagles saints patriots etc, it might as well not even be football to them.

# 20 TheShizNo1 @ 11/12/10 11:27 AM
Eh, screw em, I gotta good game. If they never make another one, I'm satisfied. Don't need the UFC, I'm aware I'm in the minority, but idc what other people buy and don't buy.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.