Home
NHL 11 News Post

The NHL 11 title update and tuner v2.0 is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Want to know what's in the patch? Click here.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TIm @ 11/14/10 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
TIm, how many minute periods you playing?
8 minutes....

# 42 Fiddy @ 11/14/10 08:35 AM
thats what i use, 8 min.. sometimes 7!!

def hit up some slider sets, im sure you will find a solid balance..

# 43 Hack22 @ 11/14/10 09:51 AM
did the update fix the problem where you draft a created player from the CHL and he has a bright red face?

# 44 Steven547 @ 11/14/10 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Wow..... It's a scorefest.... I'm BOS winning SJ 7-6 in middle of 2nd... I'm not liking this game... It seems like just fire and score... I scored 3 from just throwing puck from point

Alright.. Went into OVertime and I BOS beat SJ 11-10.... I NEVER had a high scoring game like that... This stinks

Should mention above when I said I didn't like the game, I meant the Match I was playing in... With Sliders, Hopefully has potential... Because High scoring affairs, I don't want them.. Frankly it's boring.. I will play later and get some sliders Can't wait... A new challenge
Same here. I outscored the CPU 11-2 in the first 4 games I played post patch. The problem is that they reduced the speed of the CPU goalie. Now I think our reaction sliders need to be reversed.

# 45 Dirkk1974 @ 11/14/10 01:27 PM
As i download the patch, he was about 5 MB on my XBOX. Is this the correct size ? I noticed earlier that some people received 30 MB.

# 46 plaidchuck @ 11/14/10 02:20 PM
Alright school became busy for 2 months so I really didn't have much time to play, but as thanksgiving approaches things are slowing down and I was able to play a bit with the new rosters and tuner set.

Good:

+ It seems the goalie sliders really make a difference now, I went from a 5-4 game at 6 min periods with some really weak goals with them previously set a 2, now at 4 the scores are better and the goalies seem to make the saves that they should at their rating levels.

+ The puck seems more loose and the CPU bobbles and misses passes more often.

+ Penalties still seem a bit scarce but at least they aren't constantly elbowing calls now, I have seen good calls for interference and even charging.

+ Less big hits now when the checking is set to zero.

Bad:

- Unfortunately the CPU AI on offense and defense is still greatly lacking. They are still not aggressive enough on D and seem backwards (i.e. they intercept passes on actual good plays but let simple ones go right through them), also the D will hang on to the puck too long in their zone usually coughing it up when all they needed to do was pass. At the same time the offense is just boring, the tendency to go back and forth to the wing and D is more prevalent now. They'll pass up good opportunities to shoot and then try a weak shot at a ridiculous angle.

- Associated with the offense there are still not enough shots by the CPU, though this could depend on many factors I guess especially the amount of time for periods.

- Do the diving poke checks seem nerfed to anyone? I tried to stop someone on a breakaway and even though my arms and sticks went through them nothing happened, granted it should have been a penalty shot either way but it is as if nothing happened.

- I know the checking physics are a work in progress for the foreseeable future, but they still seem pretty ridiculous at times i.e. you check someone from behind and they fall backwards. It seems they are more random than anything rather actually based on physics.

# 47 plaidchuck @ 11/14/10 02:21 PM
Also this should have been a goal right? Instead it seems anytime the injured animation is triggered the play is immediately blown dead.

# 48 meep316 @ 11/14/10 05:13 PM
First game after the patch, playing online, the first shot he took was one of those wrap around glitch goals, score. I immediately quit, not even going to waste my time with idiots like that.

I had a couple of very satisfying games after that, a 4-2 win and a 3-2 loss, both played well.

The only thing I have a gripe with is the wrap around still working 90% of the time (tried it in practice mode), and in the neutral zone, the forwards just bunch up like pee wees. They don't try to get open, go east/west, nothing. Sometimes they will, but alot of the time instead of skating to open space, they all just bunch up and get flustered together, forcing a dump in or D-man rush. I've tried changing strategies, everything, it still happens more than it should. People I play with know how to get open, shouldn't NHL players? Or at least make an effort to?

Overall a good patch, but those two things are annoying.

# 49 Steve Danger @ 11/14/10 05:56 PM
Players in these games have never tried to get open. In the offensive zone your CPU controlled teammates still just stand around and stare at you, and if you lose possession of the puck, even if it's down low beyond the circles, your CPU teammates immediately turn around and take off out of the zone rather than trying to get the puck back. Mind you it's not as bad as past games but it's still a problem.

# 50 Vikes1 @ 11/15/10 02:09 AM
I played a few more games today, and I'm still getting very good results.

I playing on All-Star/Normal, 10 minute periods...with a few slider adjustments. My last two games were both 2-1 losses. One was in a SO. My games have been very hard fought, and very fun and exciting to play. My only real wish now would be to have separate aggression sliders for offense/defense.

I've tried maxing the aggression sliders and liked what the results were defensively. But the problem was, it caused the cpu's offense to be more aggressive than I personally could deal with. And the balanced feel of my games was thrown off. I feel confident now in saying this patch/tuner game play wise, will be fine for me with my current settings.

# 51 JezFranco @ 11/15/10 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs
The only thing holding this tuner set back is that players are falling all over the place.

I had a player standing still and I started to skate and he fell down...

Another time, I got the puck and fell down. The guy I was playing against picked the puck up, and fell right after. Looked pretty funny, but it can be frustrating because it's so unrealistic.
Can somewhat agree with that...
Watch a CPU defender fall down while basically standing still... He was in the offensive zone along the blue line, no puck, going slooooowly sideways, and *Whamp* he just fell down like a deck of cards.

And later in the same game, or the game after one of m,y players fell down, and wasn't able to get up.
I thought he was injured, but the game didn't stop when I got the puck. Checked the replay, and he just lost and adge on his own without the puck, and then he just stayed on the ice lying down for about a minute, unitl the played stopped.

As some of you have mentioned, I think it's going back to slider adjusting again... The CPU don't seem to shoot as much as before.

Overall I like the patch and tuner... game feels lose and there's alot of battling of lose pucks, missed passes and I'm actually seeing the CPU getting icing calls...
But it feels that there will be need for another fix, as I've read here and other places about more bugs.

# 52 nddurst @ 11/15/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Danger
Players in these games have never tried to get open. In the offensive zone your CPU controlled teammates still just stand around and stare at you, and if you lose possession of the puck, even if it's down low beyond the circles, your CPU teammates immediately turn around and take off out of the zone rather than trying to get the puck back. Mind you it's not as bad as past games but it's still a problem.
I agree 100% It seems the offense is too quickly going into "forecheck" mode when puck possession changes down low. This includes when a shot goes on net and the goalie gets possession or makes the save. The attacking team immediately backs away and goes into the forecheck formation, sometimes resulting in a missed opportunity for a rebound or tip in goal.

# 53 Vikes1 @ 11/16/10 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Watch a CPU defender fall down while basically standing still... He was in the offensive zone along the blue line, no puck, going slooooowly sideways, and *Whamp* he just fell down like a deck of cards.
I saw the exact same thing happen in a game vs my son.

But I haven't seen a player fall in any of my GM mode games.

# 54 Dirkk1974 @ 11/16/10 03:37 AM
Is it possible that only players fell down with an low skating rating ? I noticed that stuff only on the World Tournament with teams like Kasachstan or Austria were players fell down without reason. I didnīt noticed that problem in BaGM also.

# 55 newjerseydamo @ 11/16/10 04:06 AM
a couple of things i noticed post patch/tuner:

1. passing - not very good at all. It's kind of the reverse of the magnetism problem.
Players receive a pass, then it bounces out again for no reason. There is two distinct actions where I can notice a player receiving a pass ok, then the second is where the puck comes loose.
I can understand if there is pressure from the opposition, i.e. poke/fore-checking, but it has happened when the player is by themselves without pressure, and should receive the puck without issue.

2. Glitch goal - yes, i have come across one that does exist. I was subjected to it 4-0 in HUT pre-patch/tuner and quit out, and post-patch/tuner it happened again, although the player i was against wasn't cheesing, but decided to do it to avoid me getting a tied goal (was 3-2), and made it 4-2.
So the patch/tuner hasn't helped at all.

# 56 JezFranco @ 11/16/10 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkk1974
Is it possible that only players fell down with an low skating rating ? I noticed that stuff only on the World Tournament with teams like Kasachstan or Austria were players fell down without reason. I didnīt noticed that problem in BaGM also.
I didn't think exactly what player this was, but I'm playing season with Vancouver and I'm seeing people falling a bit to often to say that it is reliable.
Maybe not to often per match, but to often in situations where they shouldn't lose the edge.

Played 4-5 matches yesterday again, Season-Pro-modified Hardcore... the games feel ok, I need to do some adjustment I think, but I don't know how I could affect the falling of players.

# 57 DevilsEve666 @ 11/17/10 02:04 AM
Does the patch allow for ANY of the cross crease one-timers that they decided to take out of the game completely this year? or is it still impossible?

# 58 JezFranco @ 11/17/10 03:17 AM
About players falling down to much (Loosing an edge).

If you're experiencing this, lower your acceleration.

I had game speed 2 (on Pro) and acceleration on 4 previously and players were falling all over the ice.
I lowered acceleration to 1 and even tried 2, and problem was solved!

It also seems connected with your game speed, the higher game speed you have, the lower your acceleration must be.

Pretty obvious when you tyhink about it.

# 59 Vikes1 @ 11/17/10 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
Does the patch allow for ANY of the cross crease one-timers that they decided to take out of the game completely this year? or is it still impossible?
Yeah it is pretty difficult to successfully pull off centering the puck close to the crease this year, without it getting intercepted.

It seems to be about the same after the patch, imo.

# 60 DJ @ 11/17/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yeah it is pretty difficult to successfully pull off centering the puck close to the crease this year, without it getting intercepted.

It seems to be about the same after the patch, imo.
Yep, it's still near-impossible to pull that play off. I'd still like to see this loosened up a bit but I'm glad that it's not like NHL 10 where you could pull that pass off pretty much at will and score 2-3 goals a game that way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.