Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

EA is announced the 54 boxers that will step into the ring, for Fight Night Champion. 13 fighters (highlighted in bold) will make their debut in the game.

1. Augustus, Emanuel
2. Calzaghe, Joe
3. Cesar Chavez, Julio
4. Corrales, Diego
5. Cotto, Miguel
6. Donaire, Nonito
7. Foreman, George
8. Frazier, Joe
9. Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10. Guerreo, Robert
11. Hagler, Marvelous Marvin
12. Hatton, Ricky
13. Hearns, Thomas
14. Jones Jr, Roy
15. LaMotta, Jake
16. Lewis, Lennox
17. Chad Dawson
18. Monzon, Carlos
19. Mora, Sergio
20. Morrison, Tommy
21. Mosley, Shane
22. Ortiz, Victor
23. Pacquiao, Manny
24. Pavlik, Kelly
25. Paz, Vinny
26. Robinson, Sugar Ray
27. Taylor, Jermain
28. Tyson, Mike
29. Whitaker, Pernell
30. Wright, Ronald "Winky"
31. De La Hoya, Oscar
32. Holyfield, Evander 33. Hopkins, Bernard
34. Klistchko, Vitali
35. Klistchko, Wladimir
36. Liston, Sonny
37. Sugar Ray Leonard
38. Ali, Muhammad
39. Danny Jacobs
40. Erislandy Lara

41. Roberto Duran
42. Cristobal Arreola
43. Tim Bradley

44. Anthony Mundine
45. Billy Dib
46. Fernando Vargas
47. Kevin Kelley

48. Eddie Chambers
49. David Haye
50. Jesse James Leija
51. Peter Manfredo Jr.
52. Butterbean
53. Zab Judah
54. Kendall Holt

More than just a change to the franchise name, Fight Night Champion takes the boxing experience one giant step forward by delivering an experience never before seen in an EA SPORTS video game. History will be made with this revolutionary iteration that builds upon the best-in-class gameplay and physics engine of Fight Night Round 4, while immersing you in a world of brutality, uncertainty, betrayal, and redemption. Survive the brutal road to redemption with Fight Night Champion.

FEATURES

Full Spectrum Punch Control Control your boxer's punches with precision and accuracy like never before with a new synergy of gameplay controls. From overhand punches to strategic counter jabs and one-punch knockouts, overwhelm your opponents with your refined skill set

Physics-Based Gameplay
Move around the ring and time your attacks with precision. Building off the best-in-class gameplay engine featured in Fight Night Round 4, you now have an even wider range of abilities when it comes to counterattacks, setting up combos, and attacking your opponent.

Legacy Mode
Create your alter ego and put him in the ring against past champions. Work your way up the ranks through training and scheduled bouts, and establish your name as the fighter to beat. Take your boxer online and see how you size up against the best in the world competing for local or worldwide belts in the all-new Fight Night Nation.

Online Gyms
Create an online gym with your friends and battle it out to see who's the ultimate champion, or turn boxing into a team sport and challenge other gyms in Rival Matches to unlock items, win trophies, and more.

Authentic Content
Fight Night Champion showcases the truest graphical representation of the sport, lifestyle, and culture of boxing with authentic and dynamic blood, realistic body damage and deformation, and mature content throughout. Experience the violence and brutality that is true to the trade

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HotSauce2k3 @ 12/19/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
You're all gonna laugh but I'd love to see a 'Rocky DLC'. It'd be cool to fight against Rocky, Drago, Apollo Creed, Clubber, Spider Rico, etc.
There were some excellent CABs of Rocky, Drago, and Apollo in FN4.

# 42 JayBee74 @ 12/19/10 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck3d50xf4n
I think the roster looks great. I completely understand about not being able to sign some guys. I don't blame the game developers at all on that one. I blame the a-hole boxers. I hate it when athletes do this. But I can tell you why I wouldn't pay $65 for this game. If I am in my career facing guys like Ali and Frazier I'm not too interested. It's just not realistic that I would be fighting these guys in 2010. If there was a way to turn that option off I would be all for it. But I had Fight Night a few years ago and this bugged me. I ended up playing Rocky Legends more often and had a lot more fun with it, To me this series isn't worth more than $19.99 and the game always ends up on the discount rack after about 8 months so why should I pay more? Give me more of a reason. I don't care about gimmicks like playing cut man. I just want to box.
Yeah, I don't know the details on career mode, but I don't understand why they can't provide ultimate flexibility in terms of the fighters in your world, including CABs. Is it a stupid Achievement standard or what?

The gameplay is the most important thing to me, but I would like to see more of that roster flexibility in career mode, and a simple tourney mode as well.

# 43 JayBee74 @ 12/19/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
EA shill, my god, they could rerelease FN2 as FNC and you'd be praising it as 10/10.

Why are you guys such sheep? You realize EA will never give you anything if you just accept what they give you as gold.
Who are you guys?

# 44 Phobia @ 12/20/10 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
phobia is there really anything else other than gameplay video for this game to show or is there more they have let out

Edit: Just to add one nice touch would be cool would be your sparring partner could become your opponent
Sentence is kind of choppy but what I make out from it is you are asking if there is anything else they plan on letting out???

What do you guys want to know and I will answer what I can.

# 45 Complex @ 12/20/10 01:47 PM
Id like to see sparring take on more meaning. How you spar should reflect how your CAB is improved. I mean if I jab and dance while sparring, why would my strength go up?

# 46 fistofrage @ 12/21/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I can see where you're coming from with this, but at the same time in these video game worlds, I think some things are just gonna be what they're gonna be ya know.

Its like funky creatures in RPG dungeons that for some odd reason drop gold coins or something else you'd expect them NOT to have. Just accept it and you'll be happier
Well EA used to have the Magic Mouthguard, the boxing shoes of Elvin Kind, and the Boxing Gloves of Ogre strength. All that special equipment that would add to your attributes. I hope they never try to cross dungeons and dragons with boxing again.

# 47 fistofrage @ 12/21/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
You're all gonna laugh but I'd love to see a 'Rocky DLC'. It'd be cool to fight against Rocky, Drago, Apollo Creed, Clubber, Spider Rico, etc.
The further EA distances itself from Rocky the better. Half the matches in Round 3 were Rocky fights, too many punches, multiple knockdowns, etc.

# 48 Hova57 @ 12/21/10 04:24 PM
Sorry Phobia, I type while i'm thinking and ramble sometimes(who am I kidding all the time)

Is there anything else to let out about FNC?

To me its obvious most want to see video of gameplay, but are there anymore modes or features left.

I would like to know how is the training system going to be different in Career mode vs Legend or what ever its called. The Storyline mode.

# 49 Vast @ 12/21/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The further EA distances itself from Rocky the better. Half the matches in Round 3 were Rocky fights, too many punches, multiple knockdowns, etc.
Yeah exactly. And online i found great CABs of all the Rocky characters. I would never in a million years pay for that when i can get it for free.

# 50 Vast @ 12/21/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
I can see where you're coming from with this, but at the same time in these video game worlds, I think some things are just gonna be what they're gonna be ya know.

Its like funky creatures in RPG dungeons that for some odd reason drop gold coins or something else you'd expect them NOT to have. Just accept it and you'll be happier
No way bro! Things need to change. Thats the attitude EA wants you to have.

You can't come out with the same bull**** every year. You have to innovate.
Thank god the developers of NBA2k11 don't think like you or believe its customers think like you do.

# 51 JayBee74 @ 12/21/10 05:52 PM
Quote:

Can't accept that. If the FNC demo doesn't blow me away I'll definitely wait for reviews and OS reaction before I make a purchase.

There are a lot of things EA needs to improve on, and I'm not terribly confident they will.

# 52 Complex @ 12/21/10 07:07 PM
Quote:

I am not bitter or up in arms about it, I am just offering an opinion. Years ago, I wrote about having your fighter go thru the olympics and/or jail as part of a career. I would like to think that EA listened to this as it is in Fight Night this year. Making suggestions to push the genre forward is NEVER a bad thing.

# 53 SHAKYR @ 12/21/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
I am not bitter or up in arms about it, I am just offering an opinion. Years ago, I wrote about having your fighter go thru the olympics and/or jail as part of a career. I would like to think that EA listened to this as it is in Fight Night this year. Making suggestions to push the genre forward is NEVER a bad thing.

True, I can mark off a few things from the wishlist I sent them last October that I see in the game. I wonder how much more did they use.

I really hope they used the whole tendencies list and improved the CAB mode drastically. I will be upset if it wasn't because the roster is so limited and we have 100 slots now.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.