Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 aholbert32 @ 12/27/10 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Seriously, Sugar Shane in Mexican attire. If it was EA that released this video, its just proof of their incompetence.....If its in the game.......Its messed up details like this that have me believing all the resources were put towards the Prizefighter II story mode.

The reason Shane has on mexican attire is because he wore it in his last fight against Mora on Mexican Independence Day. He wore mexican gloves and shorts. If its anything like Fight Night 4, you can change the attire of official fighters so its not really a big deal.

With that said, I'm dissapointed in the entrance. I have no idea why they cant have bigger entourages, fighters actually stepping into the ring, belts held behind the champ.

# 22 fistofrage @ 12/27/10 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The reason Shane has on mexican attire is because he wore it in his last fight against Mora on Mexican Independence Day. He wore mexican gloves and shorts. If its anything like Fight Night 4, you can change the attire of official fighters so its not really a big deal.

With that said, I'm dissapointed in the entrance. I have no idea why they cant have bigger entourages, fighters actually stepping into the ring, belts held behind the champ.
My mistake then, but I hope that Shane doesn't have this as his default setting.

# 23 DolfanDave @ 12/27/10 10:42 AM
And this is what I talked about in the other thread about presentation why after all these years can't we get an intro just like real life. I mean these guys making the game are boxing fans I assume so they know how HBO/Showtime/PPV show intros . I mean we all know the other sport games have nailed it and intros are much more important in boxing than any other sport by far as it builds up the fight so I am just at a lost here.

# 24 Vast @ 12/27/10 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
The entrances do feel a bit cooker cutter. I'd scrap them all together in favor of shorter entrances with more in the ring pre-fight analysis. I can recall Judah entering the ring then side shuffling around the ring while his stats are being discussed OR Pac on his knees in the ring in prayer prior to the fight starting. Just a thought.
Exactly. All we ask for is Authenticity. Which these guys have absolutely no desire/ knowledge to deliver.

# 25 BezO @ 12/28/10 10:20 AM
Not bad for EA I guess. Seems like they rarely aim for authenticity. I guess this is another case of going "beyond" broadcast presentation.

# 26 albsur2003 @ 12/28/10 10:49 AM
EA just doesn't pay attention to presentation at all and it's showing with the entrances. It's basically been the SAME BS each and every year. The in-ring stuff in the entrance was halfway decent though but everything else is boring as sh!t. I'd hope they add stuff but if they are already releasing a video of it then that means they must be proud of it hahaha. I'd like to see what the guys behind the Show could do with a boxing game.

# 27 Vast @ 12/28/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not bad for EA I guess. Seems like they rarely aim for authenticity. I guess this is another case of going "beyond" broadcast presentation.
yea sure. If beyond meant silly and half-assed.

# 28 ODogg @ 12/28/10 11:16 AM
The one thing I've been waiting to hear from EA or anyone whose played the game is this: will the CPU boxers actually play differently or will all of them take that stupid, but effective tactic of waiting for the human boxer to hit them and tire and then attack in the later rounds? I understand that this strategy is employed in real life by some boxers but not for boxers like Mike Tyson. If I fight Mike Tyson and the CPU controls him he should BOX LIKE MIKE TYSON AND ATTACK. But in the game he doesn't.

This is my biggest beef with the game is it doesn't seem like any of the boxers use individual styles in regards to attack/defend.

Oh and in case anyone wonders, I've tried the tactic as well of laying back and not attacking to see if the CPU would engage more and its not no avail, we just end up dancing around the ring, throwing a random punch here or there and going the full 10 rounds to a score card. Boring!!

One last question too: will there finally be flash knockouts in this game???

# 29 DolfanDave @ 12/28/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
EA just doesn't pay attention to presentation at all and it's showing with the entrances. It's basically been the SAME BS each and every year. The in-ring stuff in the entrance was halfway decent though but everything else is boring as sh!t. I'd hope they add stuff but if they are already releasing a video of it then that means they must be proud of it hahaha. I'd like to see what the guys behind the Show could do with a boxing game.
The Show Or 2K11 guys would do exactly what they did with their sports game they made. Hire a production guy that actually broadcast the sports for real to make it look just like on TV but we all already knew that lol. EA has always thought 'outside the box' which is good for any other type genre but sports game we want exactly what we see on TV or do in real life. EA need to stop over analyzing a sports game and just make a sports game just the way it is in real life plain and simple.

# 30 Vast @ 12/28/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The one thing I've been waiting to hear from EA or anyone whose played the game is this: will the CPU boxers actually play differently or will all of them take that stupid, but effective tactic of waiting for the human boxer to hit them and tire and then attack in the later rounds? I understand that this strategy is employed in real life by some boxers but not for boxers like Mike Tyson. If I fight Mike Tyson and the CPU controls him he should BOX LIKE MIKE TYSON AND ATTACK. But in the game he doesn't.

This is my biggest beef with the game is it doesn't seem like any of the boxers use individual styles in regards to attack/defend.

Oh and in case anyone wonders, I've tried the tactic as well of laying back and not attacking to see if the CPU would engage more and its not no avail, we just end up dancing around the ring, throwing a random punch here or there and going the full 10 rounds to a score card. Boring!!

One last question too: will there finally be flash knockouts in this game???
Yes to flash knockouts according to community guys. Your other question remains unanswered at this time.

# 31 ODogg @ 12/28/10 06:01 PM
ok, at least that answers one of the eternal questions...thanks!

# 32 HealyMonster @ 01/03/11 07:54 PM
yeah I really dont know why EA refuses to do realistic presentation. It isnt like its one game, every game they make has horrible presentation and all I see is people complaining. Is presentation extremely hard to implement or something? Its EA across the board, im not sure if we can even blam the fight night devs or madden devs,etc its like EA regulations no game shall have cool presentation or something lol

# 33 DaveDQ @ 01/04/11 11:29 AM
I think it takes two things. One is the philosophy that it should be in the game and the other is having someone that is designated to do so. I don't know who all is on the dev team. All I know of is Brian Hayes, and he's a great guy. We should be careful to make judgement on the devs, like Rider mentioned, maybe EA makes the decision from the top to not get to deep with presentation.

I think it's philosophy. Take the NBA 2K team. Their thoughts are that presentation ahould be a big part of NBA 2K. So, they went out and hired a guy from TNT. For all we know, EA may have limited the budget and said, "This far and no further." I think though that there are some simple things they can address without going too deep in the pockets.

# 34 antifanboy @ 01/08/11 06:36 PM
Who cares...after a few times you'll just be skipping these entrances anyway. The commentary is stale so i usually just turn it off to hear the punches and crowd reaction....its so much better that way

# 35 Jukeman @ 01/08/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antifanboy
Who cares...after a few times you'll just be skipping these entrances anyway. The commentary is stale so i usually just turn it off to hear the punches and crowd reaction....its so much better that way
Thats because its not immersive enough to actually sit thru...

Pretty much the point.

# 36 SteelerSpartan @ 01/09/11 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
yeah I really dont know why EA refuses to do realistic presentation. It isnt like its one game, every game they make has horrible presentation and all I see is people complaining. Is presentation extremely hard to implement or something? Its EA across the board, im not sure if we can even blam the fight night devs or madden devs,etc its like EA regulations no game shall have cool presentation or something lol
It seriously must be like that.....I can't stand how they have approached this area of their sports games

Even the best of their sports games presentation wise NCAA Basketball 10 and NCAA Football 11 are nothing truly great.....and the commentary is still atrocious

# 37 Sausage @ 01/09/11 01:59 PM
I wish I didn't watch that. There were so many moments that they could have had if Teddy spoke about the Tale of the Tape, mentioned something during the entrances, and the announcing of the fighters in the ring was just....(fill in the blank).

I have watched all the clips and promotional videos, but I don't think this game will have legs to stay in my xbox 360. Round 4 stayed for a while, because I was starving for a good boxing game.

# 38 boritter @ 01/14/11 01:39 AM
I'm pumped for this game but these intros (and the cloned cornermen) are disappointing. It doesn't look or sound much different than FN4.

# 39 statum71 @ 01/14/11 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
And this is what I talked about in the other thread about presentation why after all these years can't we get an intro just like real life. I mean these guys making the game are boxing fans I assume so they know how HBO/Showtime/PPV show intros . I mean we all know the other sport games have nailed it and intros are much more important in boxing than any other sport by far as it builds up the fight so I am just at a lost here.
This!!!!!!

# 40 statum71 @ 01/14/11 05:41 PM
I mean....you guys are pointing out how the cornermen all look the same in this game.

Yet, when you play NBA 2K...you can see Patrick Ewing, Bob McAdoo and every Assistant Coach in the NBA. And they are very recognizable. Small details add up big time.

So whats the deal yo????????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.