Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 01/07/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Doesn't the guy at the end in red trunks looks like Jazz??? Poetic

# 2 SHAKYR @ 01/07/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

lol! yeah, he does.

# 3 BigD @ 01/07/11 04:56 PM
Looks awesome. All over it.

# 4 NYG_Meth @ 01/07/11 05:23 PM
Quote:
Who is Jazz? The guy at the end is Robert Guerrero.

# 5 MJ23Sebastian @ 01/07/11 07:08 PM
Who's Jazz? Lol

# 6 SHAKYR @ 01/08/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23Sebastian
Who's Jazz? Lol
Jazz is one of the EA producers.

# 7 acarrero @ 01/08/11 02:40 AM
Why is Cotto getting pummeled by Guerrero? Please...

# 8 jmarcguy @ 01/08/11 04:14 AM
Yeah I don't want to see blood from round 2 on or in every fight. Just doesn't happen that way.

# 9 Dazraz @ 01/08/11 04:29 AM
I love the look of this game. Echoing a couple of comments already made here, I hope EA haven't overdone the damage engine. It's great to see cuts being depicted in such a realistic but only if the way those cuts are inflicted in the fight is equally realistic.

# 10 JayBee74 @ 01/08/11 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm really not feeling them pushing this bloody battle thing. Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about more blood. It just seems lame.
You're not the only one. The graphics look real good, my gameplay, not blood, is my priority.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 01/08/11 08:07 AM
I much more want to see their stamina video that should be coming in the next week or so. I hate to beat a dead horse, but this video again shows how the fights look like they are from the waist up. You just get the feeling that the fighters are grounded and slugging away.

I know it's slow motion and they are accentuating the big punches, but I really wish the footwork was more on the loose and agile side.

# 12 BezO @ 01/08/11 11:45 AM
So far, every video has been a toe-2-toe brawl. Is there ANY word they're working on the footwork?

The brutality does look authentic though.

# 13 SteelerSpartan @ 01/09/11 02:36 AM
I don't want to sound too harsh or whiny but Im getting a little tired of these "sizzle" vids

Id like to see the AI in action fighting to their strengths and staying away from their opponents'

Turn off all the flashy casual stuff, maybe put it on that new broadcast cam they say they have........and let us digest the science

# 14 myownsun @ 01/09/11 11:04 AM
That hook delivered by mike was nasty.

# 15 Phobia @ 01/10/11 09:01 AM
Quote:
I'm really not feeling them pushing this bloody battle thing. Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about more blood. It just seems lame.

However, look at the 22 second mark. I did notice the 1, 2 quick combos which FN4 did NOT have.

Still looking forward to the game of course, but there's really no need to market the bloody angle. At least not in my opinion. Its still getting purchased day 1 by most people I'm sure.

Oh, and I hope they have a slider for that ****, because the way they're throwing it out there is making me think its going to be overkill with the bloody battles. Hope I can turn it off or turn it down please.
A side note on that creep. When we went in for one of the discussions they asked us our first thought when they showed the words authentic brutality and we all said pretty much together "brutality" should not be used. Sounds like a damn mortal combat game title.

We also said we wanted to see the bloody battle much less. We were told "We have it turned way up for the community day, but plan on working it down to a realistic amount by release time".

I truly think we will see it higher than we all would like. Because it is EA style to slightly push the bar between realism and "fun".

# 16 BezO @ 01/10/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i wouldnt call it authentic brutality, looks more exaggerated to me.
Definitely exaggerated. I just meant that it looked good as far as brutality goes.

Quote:
We also said we wanted to see the bloody battle much less. We were told "We have it turned way up for the community day, but plan on working it down to a realistic amount by release time".
I'm wondering why they would boost it for community day. If they want to show you all that, I can't imagine what they'd want to show the masses.

Quote:
I truly think we will see it higher than we all would like. Because it is EA style to slightly push the bar between realism and "fun".
Exactly, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. With the lack of footwork, I'm already barely interested. Everything else would have to be damn near perfect.

# 17 Eman5805 @ 01/10/11 12:26 PM
I'm starting to get a lil' worried that most of the things they're featuring are pretty cosmetic. I mean, sure more damage is fun and all...but I want something more gameplay feature, I mean, Total Punch Control was kinda glossed over and we've only seen one gameplay vid, and that was bareknuckle fighting.

# 18 albsur2003 @ 01/10/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Why is Cotto getting pummeled by Guerrero? Please...
Hahahaha, I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing. Cotto is at least three weight classes above Guerrero. And Guerrero really isn't a puncher either. You'd think in a clip named "AUTHENTIC brutality" they'd at least be authentic. The blood does look great though. I'm starting to get disappointed with every video though. All the same brutal slow slugfests...boxing is the sweet science.

# 19 boritter @ 01/14/11 01:45 AM
Quote:

Oh, and I hope they have a slider for that ****, because the way they're throwing it out there is making me think its going to be overkill with the bloody battles. Hope I can turn it off or turn it down please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Yeah I don't want to see blood from round 2 on or in every fight. Just doesn't happen that way.
Exactly how I feel. I thought it was too easy to cut the CPU in FN4. I hope that the desire to show new blood/gore effects do not outweigh realism.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.