Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Phobia @ 01/12/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Thanks for the pic phobia.

Is footspeed even a rating???
To be honest Vast I truly don't remember. There has to be a rating for speed though because I know for a fact some fighters are faster than others.

# 42 SteelerSpartan @ 01/12/11 06:43 PM
I asked Jazzbro on the EA forums if the caps on the ratings had been removed and he said they were......so if abilities are tied into how many points we put into a rating.....then we really do have control over what abilities a fighter possesses in "Fight Now"

Quote:
xbox.SteelerSpartan wrote:
Are there any caps on the Ratings or can we move em up or down to our hearts content?

Having to fight 86 rated Mayweather and Trinidad CABs sucked

No cap. Move 'em up and down.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4370142.page

# 43 Vast @ 01/12/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
To be honest Vast I truly don't remember. There has to be a rating for speed though because I know for a fact some fighters are faster than others.
Man. I really hope there isn't just a single speed rating. There should at least be 2. Hand speed, and foot speed.

# 44 Sausage @ 01/12/11 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pereznoel1
EVERYTHING IS GOOD.BUT YOU GUYS STEAL MISSING BOXERS LIKE FELIX TITO TRINIDAD,JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ,IVAN CALDERON,HECTOR MACHO CAMACHO.FLOYD MAYWEATHER.JR WILFRED BENITEZ JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ .JR THEY ARE LEGEND OF BOXING.WHEN THE DEMOS IS COMING OUT IN FEB WHAT DATE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pereznoel1
EVERYTHING IS GOOD.BUT YOU GUYS STEAL MISSING BOXERS LIKE FELIX TITO TRINIDAD,JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ,IVAN CALDERON,HECTOR MACHO CAMACHO.FLOYD MAYWEATHER.JR WILFRED BENITEZ JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ .JR THEY ARE LEGEND OF BOXING.WHEN THE DEMOS IS COMING OUT IN FEB WHAT DATE.
Pereznoel1,

Just a heads up, this isn't some regular gameboard. You can't post nonsense in all caps off topic from the actual thread. You posted this several times now, learn to post please.

# 45 JayBee74 @ 01/13/11 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Pereznoel1,

Just a heads up, this isn't some regular gameboard. You can't post nonsense in all caps off topic from the actual thread. You posted this several times now, learn to post please.
this pereznoel1 is still babbling and steal misspelling "still".

# 46 Money99 @ 01/13/11 11:24 AM
Phobia, did you have any great battles during the community event?
Any where a one-punch KO took place?
Did you witness someone spamming a punch only to lose speed and strength in that one arm?
Could you really dance in and out with someone with an excellent jab and mobility?

# 47 Phobia @ 01/13/11 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Phobia, did you have any great battles during the community event?
Any where a one-punch KO took place?
Did you witness someone spamming a punch only to lose speed and strength in that one arm?
Could you really dance in and out with someone with an excellent jab and mobility?
Ohh yeaa big time.

I had great strategic battle with just about every member of the community event. Me and one of the developers actually had a fight go to the cards and end in a DRAW. It was great to see and the fight felt like it should of ended in a draw.

I also had a excellent strategy fight against Ant. It ended with me landing a big left hook to the temple in the 4th or 5th round that was a one punch KO.

We also all attempted to mess with the new under the hood ratings and yes the punch speed and sway slowed down drastically. The sway was the most impressive. You would see the speed of the sway slow down and it would become more upright.

Yes you could. Like I mentioned, the foot speed is slow across the board for all fighters. But you could easily work a "boxing" strategy with a guy with enough footwork.

The fight that ended with a one punch KO. I was a boxer fighting a brawler. I stayed on the outside getting in and landing couple shots, then would bounce back out. The brawler kept trying to corner me near the ropes and couple times he did and landed huge shots. But I managed to circle out of danger more often and then landed a big left hook off a lead jab.

Trust me if there was one area I could rave up and down about what I loved about community day, it was the strategy that the fights had.

# 48 DaveDQ @ 01/13/11 01:10 PM
That sounds great. Especially the slow down in swaying and even the "more upright" look.

# 49 Hova57 @ 01/13/11 01:41 PM
those guys will be the first to complain that stamina didn't work in FNC. " I was fighting with Tyson and after five punches he got tired. This game is broke blah blah blah blah."

Unless is something severe or unbalances the game there should be a patch. Spammers gonna have to adjust so will the button pushers. I will say the 10 or so that have been on here consistently is and are welcoming the change the game will have a better understanding of the game.

# 50 Money99 @ 01/13/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Ohh yeaa big time.

I had great strategic battle with just about every member of the community event. Me and one of the developers actually had a fight go to the cards and end in a DRAW. It was great to see and the fight felt like it should of ended in a draw.

I also had a excellent strategy fight against Ant. It ended with me landing a big left hook to the temple in the 4th or 5th round that was a one punch KO.

We also all attempted to mess with the new under the hood ratings and yes the punch speed and sway slowed down drastically. The sway was the most impressive. You would see the speed of the sway slow down and it would become more upright.

Yes you could. Like I mentioned, the foot speed is slow across the board for all fighters. But you could easily work a "boxing" strategy with a guy with enough footwork.

The fight that ended with a one punch KO. I was a boxer fighting a brawler. I stayed on the outside getting in and landing couple shots, then would bounce back out. The brawler kept trying to corner me near the ropes and couple times he did and landed huge shots. But I managed to circle out of danger more often and then landed a big left hook off a lead jab.

Trust me if there was one area I could rave up and down about what I loved about community day, it was the strategy that the fights had.
Great info, thanks Phobia!
If you have any great battles you were involved in, or witnessed, please feel free to share.
I could read stuff like that all day.

# 51 JayBee74 @ 01/13/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Sounds good. I'm starting to look forward to this game.

# 52 Phobia @ 01/13/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Great info, thanks Phobia!
If you have any great battles you were involved in, or witnessed, please feel free to share.
I could read stuff like that all day.
Well I can't remember the entire fight now. But I can explain the jest of the fight.

I don't remember who we were using, but I do remember I had a boxer and I was facing a brawler.

He came out and first thing I realized is I had the speed advantage both on the feet and in the hands. So quickly did I adopt a strategy of getting in and landing quick one/two combos.

After about two rounds he realized I was doing nothing but letting him chase me while I peppered him with shots. In the 3rd round he managed to corner me near one of the turnbuckles. I pinned, laying back on the ropes looking to push off and roll out. He land some big hooks to the head and body.

He was slow but his power did big damage. I ended up getting lucky and managed to push him off me and I rolled out to the center of the ring.

By the 4th round I could see the frustration on his face. He could not track me down and struggled to land punches against my speed. He was forced to work the ring and cut me off. I did my best to avoid this at all cost.

Then out of no where I lead in with a jab, and I throw a left looping hook. It connects flush on the temple. He rolls over on his back out like a light. My fighter puts his hands up and jumps for joy as he landed a critical one punch KO.

This moved me on to the semi-finals of the tournament at EA. I then faced one of the EA devs and that was the fight that went to a draw. 10 rounds of boxing bliss. When they read the judges score card we both just gasped...."NOooooooOOO I had that fight".

We then did another 5 rounds to decide the winner to move on to the finals. The dev managed to win by split decision. We matched up well against each other. Then Terminal went on to beat the Dev and won the gold boxing gloves.

# 53 Phobia @ 01/13/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Sounds good. I'm starting to look forward to this game.
To be honest I am looking forward to this game sooo much. But I am sooooo scared they are going to mess up the stamina that we played with at community day.

# 54 JayBee74 @ 01/13/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
To be honest I am looking forward to this game sooo much. But I am sooooo scared they are going to mess up the stamina that we played with at community day.
I wonder if there will be individual stamina sliders for each body region? Of course online it probably won't make a difference.

Unless they've approved slider adjustments for private unranked online matches?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.