Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Po Pimp @ 01/30/11 01:13 PM
I hope when you use the heavy punch modifier, it doesn't make the punches slower. All it SHOULD do is make the punches stronger, BUT use up more stamina and make it easier to counter if dodged.

# 62 fistofrage @ 01/30/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
It was a very short right counter punch on the temple. That's a tailor made one punch KO regardless of how it looked impact wise.
Yep, that was a perfectly thrown punch right in the center of the bullseye. I'm glad to see those can end the fight. FINALLY.

# 63 JayBee74 @ 01/30/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
For starters, Tyson's never been stopped with one punch. Look at his losses to Buster, Evander and Lewis. In all of those fights he took some massive punishment before being stopped.
Second, Ali has never really shown to have one-punch stopping power (don't get me started on Liston - FIX).
The right cross that Ali connected on Liston was no phantom punch. It was only debated because of Ali's unpopularity in many areas of the country and the fact that only one video angle of the punch provided any proof other then unbiased ringside observers. That video proof is more than enough for me.

Tex Maule wrote a then famous article in Sports Illustrated following the fight called "A Quick Hard Right And A Needless Storm Of Protest" calling the shot a perfectly valid, stunning right-hand punch to the side of the head

Ringside observer Floyd Patterson, no fan of Ali (still called him Clay) described the punch as a "perfect right hand".

The blow had so much force that it lifted Liston's left foot, where most of his weight was resting, off the canvas.

# 64 raiders81tim @ 01/30/11 06:14 PM
Game is complete garbage. A button mashers wet dream. Punches are far to accurate. There is no defense what so ever. Fighter walk through jabs and crosses even power modified ones like they are nothing. Same arcade trash as before. Frame rate is horrible. Punch delay is horrible. Same weak presentation. Just prettier graphics. Was so excited to play the demo, now I don't even want the trash on my system anymore.

# 65 allBthere @ 01/30/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I know most of the posters here don't dare brave the EA Forums, but figured I would give you the heads up that you can get the demo over there for both versions right now. Someone uploaded the 360 version that you can burn to a data disc and they are giving away codes and sharing a PSN dummy account to share the PS3 version.

I got the 360 version of the demo last night from over there and had some fun with it.
I'm downloading the files, i have an unmodded xbox AND I'm using a MAC for the burn/write process...so it may not work we'll see.

I will not join that forum though.

# 66 ExtremeGamer @ 01/30/11 07:23 PM
Played the demo. At first I was impressed by the graphics and ease of control. Some good stuff there.

The more I played though, the less I liked it. There are a lot of punches thrown and landed. And stamina never seemed to play a part at all. I could throw punch after punch after punch and never really got drained.

I also realize that I hate the fact that a sports game is M rated. I mean, I realize using an original story and making it gritty, whatever. That's fine. Just seems a little much with the amount of swearing in the menu music as well.

# 67 Motown @ 01/30/11 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Played the demo. At first I was impressed by the graphics and ease of control. Some good stuff there.

The more I played though, the less I liked it. There are a lot of punches thrown and landed. And stamina never seemed to play a part at all. I could throw punch after punch after punch and never really got drained.

I also realize that I hate the fact that a sports game is M rated. I mean, I realize using an original story and making it gritty, whatever. That's fine. Just seems a little much with the amount of swearing in the menu music as well.
All the stuff your mentioning EG will be tweaked... 'cept the fbombs give it a chance bro

# 68 ExtremeGamer @ 01/30/11 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
All the stuff your mentioning EG will be tweaked... 'cept the fbombs give it a chance bro
I've heard that before from this series though. These were problems with Fight Night 4, that are still here 2 years later, and now they will tweak them.

Like I said about the F-bombs, the story doesn't bother me with them being in there as I get the idea they are going for. Just didn't appreciate turning on the game and having the soundtrack drop swearing while trying to choose a boxer. Just not necessary IMO for a sports game.

# 69 Motown @ 01/30/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
I've heard that before from this series though. These were problems with Fight Night 4, that are still here 2 years later, and now they will tweak them.

Like I said about the F-bombs, the story doesn't bother me with them being in there as I get the idea they are going for. Just didn't appreciate turning on the game and having the soundtrack drop swearing while trying to choose a boxer. Just not necessary IMO for a sports game.
I hear ya man...especially when there's LITTLE ears around...not good. i guess I'll wait 'till Tuesday to check it out.

# 70 ExtremeGamer @ 01/30/11 07:42 PM
Quote:
I hear ya man...especially when there's LITTLE ears around...not good. i guess I'll wait 'till Tuesday to check it out.
Yeah, that was my issue. My son was in the back of the room playing. Just didn't get the point of having that in the game. Or at least have an option to turn it off. I have no problem it being in the story like I said, I know it's there and expect it there so would play it after hours if I got the game. But having it outside of that mode is unacceptable to me.

And I realize I'm in the minority here.

# 71 Bamtino @ 01/30/11 07:45 PM
Anyone on PS3 mind sharing the demo?

# 72 Hova57 @ 01/30/11 07:47 PM
someone mentioned flash ko punch needs to be a attribute, it is not all guys will have it some will be higher and some will be low. I'm not basing my judgement on this game based on video without my actual hands on it . I'll wait till Wednesday.

# 73 Motown @ 01/30/11 07:53 PM
An impression from the EA forum:
"My jaw just hit the floor when in the third round of my offline fight i was cotto vs pacman, i was dropped in the 1st with flash kd`s, then in the second i started landing some decent combo`s, in the third i buzzed pac and was repeatedly hitting him with combos when out of nowhere the ref jumped in and stopped the fight!!!

That was FreaKin awesome, the ref stopped the fight due to pac not fighting back and taking to much, he didnt go down once, just took like 15 - 20 punches without landing or barely throwing, in jumps the ref and off goes Joe telling me that cotto has won via a tko as pacman could not protect himself and was taking a beating!!!" This is cool as hell

# 74 ExtremeGamer @ 01/30/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
someone mentioned flash ko punch needs to be a attribute, it is not all guys will have it some will be higher and some will be low. I'm not basing my judgement on this game based on video without my actual hands on it . I'll wait till Wednesday.
I got flash KO'ed by Cotto in the 3rd round, I won the first 2 rounds 10-9, 10-9. I was dominating him in the 3rd as well, and out of no where I got rocked. That didn't really bother me, but was annoyed I lost. But I did like the aspect of a stray punch can knock anyone out at any point.

# 75 Motown @ 01/30/11 07:56 PM
Quote:
I got flash KO'ed by Cotto in the 3rd round, I won the first 2 rounds 10-9, 10-9. I was dominating him in the 3rd as well, and out of no where I got rocked. That didn't really bother me, but was annoyed I lost. But I did like the aspect of a stray punch can knock anyone out at any point.
Hehehe...does the damage engine look pretty good EG?

# 76 ExtremeGamer @ 01/30/11 08:01 PM
Quote:
Hehehe...does the damage engine look pretty good EG?
I think the game looks incredible. The fighters, the crowd, the lighting, etc all look really good and help you get sucked into the action.

The commentary on the other hand pulls you right back out, as it's awful.

# 77 allBthere @ 01/30/11 10:51 PM
i got the 3 files, extracted and burned to disk...my xbox says 'mixed media disk' and I went to game library and it's not there. Am I missing something - do I have to somehow 'open the disk'? or something?

SUCCESS ... i didn't originally create a burn folder on the desktop - that made the diff and now I see it - awesome. Off to play... there are some cool people online that really put the effort in - the step by step I saw had screen shots and all

# 78 JayBee74 @ 01/30/11 11:07 PM
Quote:

The stamina I'm not as concerned about. You have 3 round fight with the likes of Ali and Pac (high stamina probably) so 90-100 punches per round for that duration probably wouldn't tell the whole endurance story.

Unless the blocking and overall defense takes getting used to I'm not happy with what I'm seeing in terms of connection percentages. I'd like to see the majority of percentages from 20%-45%. I don't want easy defense, just the ability to execute a great defense.

# 79 allBthere @ 01/30/11 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
The stamina I'm not as concerned about. You have 3 round fight with the likes of Ali and Pac (high stamina probably) so 90-100 punches per round for that duration probably wouldn't tell the whole endurance story.

Unless the blocking and overall defense takes getting used to I'm not happy with what I'm seeing in terms of connection percentages. I'd like to see the majority of percentages from 20%-45%. I don't want easy defense, just the ability to execute a great defense.
maybe ..my first fight as tyson vs ali i was 92/208 44% and he was 142/258 55% 44 of 99 jabs and was effective with it. he was 49 or 82 with the striaght right which was too high imo. He droped me twice once right away (fine fluke) and another time in the 3rd which concerned me because he's not that powerful. I cought him a couple of times where I feel he should have stumbled.

overall only one fight. I'm impressed and feel like the single player will be nice because I'm liking the moment to moment action in the ring.

3 things that would make me a lot happier would be

1) no cutscenes at all or replays during a round, make it like ufc knockdowns and just get up and don't break the action

2) some knockdown punches for some reason completely halts the followthrough of the punch. a big culprit is the closer range short right straights the punch stops dead at the head and doesn't drive through making the actual knockdowns at times seem strange since other non-kd punches look way more viscious - however this isn't universal

3) bit less accurate with punches would be nice a little more randomness to the flight path of punches. AND fiddle with the stopping power a bit. Many people complain there is not enough, but it was out of place for ali to drop me like that...he DID however hurt me twice and move in for the kill, but I just doubt tyson folds like that so soon in a fight.

# 80 allBthere @ 01/31/11 01:41 AM
had an interesting fight with tyson as Ali. I won 10-9 all rounds all judges. 128/232 for 55% Tyson a more modes 83/221 for 37% only 34% to the head. What he did do is land 42/102 to the body and me only 21 shots .... so it could have been an interesting fight getting later on.

I think clinchig should happen naturally or be easier or something. When's the last time you've seen a boxing match, especially heavies without a clinch in a whole round? It's a big reason the punch outputs are so high...because it's a game is one reason, but also because there's no sloppy stuff and time wasting things like getting tied up.

overal It's a gigantic step forward from round 4. I actually enjoy this.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.