Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Project Gotham Racing 4Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CaptainZombie @ 02/18/11 10:08 AM
What a real shame, MS should have brought them back in again as PGR was a really fun franchise. Today or yesterday was their last day in business.

# 2 jyoung @ 02/18/11 11:53 AM
Fur Fighters
Metropolis Street Racer
Project Gotham Racing
Geometry Wars
Boom Boom Rocket
The Club
Blur

Nice list of games.

I think Geometry Wars, PGR 2 and Fur Fighters were my favorites.

If anyone still has a Dreamcast and hasn't played Fur Fighters, you are missing out on a great unappreciated game.

Also, Chopin's "Funeral March" would've been more appropriate here than Debussy haha.

# 3 DaveDQ @ 02/18/11 12:50 PM
Imagine some of those people involved in that. I'm sure a lot of blood sweat and tears went into their work with some good times mixed in. Pretty sad. I wish them well.

# 4 bkfount @ 02/18/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
What a real shame, MS should have brought them back in again as PGR was a really fun franchise. Today or yesterday was their last day in business.
rumor says they had interest, but Activision probably wanted too much. Companies can now just target the talent instead of paying a premium for the whole developer.

It sucks that they even went with Activision in the first place, but the idea was to have them make F1 games again. It was probably more appealing than being a PGR factory, always playing second to Turn 10 at MS for marketing and attention. Too bad Activision was too cheap or stupid to actually acquire the license to back up an investment they just made though. I mean, they only make like billions off the backs of WoW and CoD. How could they get outbid by Codemasters of all companies.

Bizarre Creations is known for their racing games, but Geometry Wars essentially put XBLA on the map and showed us what games would work on the platform besides ports of pacman.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.