Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WaddupCouzin @ 03/06/11 07:49 PM
Dude said, "Don't get me started on 2K5 football, we'll be here all night!" HILARIOUS!

# 22 blueduke @ 03/06/11 08:04 PM
Was really impressed by the gameplay in the video. Only minor gripe would be the way they round the bases and I can easily overlook that. I own a PS3 but this thing just may be my game of choice. Already pre purchased the other game and Gameflyed this one. If 2K plays as good as I hope the other will be eBayed

# 23 jeffy777 @ 03/06/11 08:14 PM
Overall, looks good, but yeah the way the baserunners round the bases is just weird. Not a game breaker, but needs polished. With the way it is now, I wish they would at least show more replays that focus on the hitter rather than the baserunners, especially that camera angle where it shows them rounding third. I'd rather see more of the hit, maybe a side view of the swing too. If they're going to show the guy crossing the plate, at least do it in a way that looks more appealing, such as the the baserunner giving the next batter a high five or something. Not big issues, but just one of those areas that needs more polish for sure.

# 24 Greene_Flash03 @ 03/06/11 08:42 PM
Just fix the baserunning animation then we're good.

# 25 DickDalewood @ 03/06/11 08:46 PM
Unfortunately, what would have been a good video was mostly ruined due to two morons yapping in the background. Things definitely look smooth, and despite the low quality, that did seem to look better than the awful looking demo.

# 26 Jamin23 @ 03/06/11 09:20 PM
That didn't look to bad. I'm just going to harp again on the base running which looks bad. Also as Joe said the infield drying up and at the end when Brett Gardner came home he got a high five from his teammate. I think as the years go on 2k will keep adding the little things which they are just as good at doing as SCEA is. Those that have played their basketball game know that.

# 27 The Bimmer @ 03/06/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Can someone explain to me what the obsession is with Jumbotrons this year?
Its Detraction is disguise. Jumbotrons, framerates, jaggies.....its human nature.

We all hear it..... Wow that person is smart, funny and of course a real good individual, but....(enter in detraction here). The end result the injury of our neighbor.

# 28 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/06/11 11:02 PM
Really guys, the Jumbotron....

What next the dirt....LOL

# 29 SoxFan01605 @ 03/06/11 11:24 PM
lol...maybe the mods should set things up here so that everyone has to filter their posts through Jayhawker for approval.

Jokes aside, everyone has there thing. I don't think anyone can answer why it's mentioned more now than last year without speculating (which serves no purpose). Some people are bothered by it. Some people aren't so much. I don't think it needs to be much more than that.

# 30 brendanrfoley @ 03/06/11 11:53 PM
Personally, the base running animations drive me bonkers. They've been terrible for three years now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 31 SoxFan01605 @ 03/07/11 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Personally, the base running animations drive me bonkers. They've been terrible for three years now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Yeah, they're pretty rough. That and the odd hyperdrive sped up stuff that happens in random spots is annoying. It's certainly been a slow process with the animations. They've improved each year, but unfortunately, some of the same bad ones stick around and end up looking worse when surrounded by the updated ones. It's a mixed bag, I guess.

Still, after just playing the demo another couple times, watching this video, I'm happy with how much smoother 2K11 looks overall. Plus, the "emotion" animations add a lot to the game IMO.

# 32 NumberOneRB @ 03/07/11 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...maybe the mods should set things up here so that everyone has to filter their posts through Jayhawker for approval.

Jokes aside, everyone has there thing. I don't think anyone can answer why it's mentioned more now than last year without speculating (which serves no purpose). Some people are bothered by it. Some people aren't so much. I don't think it needs to be much more than that.
Its mentioned more now because it was an eyesore last year, but people were willing to generally look past it since they assumed after mentioning it that it would be addressed this year. Since we have now gone another year without it being addressed, it makes perfect sense that more people would be complaining about it.

# 33 TimeBombTown @ 03/07/11 12:36 AM
I guess that's yet another reason to get the PC version so we can go in there and edit the screens.

# 34 ocat @ 03/07/11 01:03 AM
Ha loved the dude in the background - quote of the year so far!

"Derek Jeter is workin on a new swing? Seriously!? The dude is 35 years old! He better start workin on a new job"

# 35 johnnyg713 @ 03/07/11 01:45 AM
"They talk about intelligent **** in this game"lol... hilarious man. Playing videogames when your high.. Priceless.

# 36 hurdinator @ 03/07/11 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
"They talk about intelligent **** in this game"lol... hilarious man. Playing videogames when your high.. Priceless.
hahahahaha! Damb that camera work was crap! Get a tripod!

# 37 Trevytrev11 @ 03/07/11 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Can someone explain to me what the obsession is with Jumbotrons this year?
As others have said, it was definitely something that was brought up on several occasions last year and was obviously overlooked this year. It obviously doesn't impact the game, but it is an eye-sore - the same if the Yankee's fence was red instead of blue or if one section of the crowd was absent of any fans. It wouldn't impact the game, but it would be a bit annoying, especially when you spend 1/2 of the game looking at it and it takes up a big chunk of screen during that 1/2 of game.

It's kind of like how for two or three years in a row we had the same players with the same wrong hats in their pictures. It kind of just makes the developers seem a bit lazy when something so obvious gets overlooked. Obvious the focus is on game play, but when there are glaring graphical oddities that are present for a majority of the game and "seem" to be rather simple fixes, they should get some attention.

It may not be important to you or I or others who share similar focuses when it comes to playing sports games, but not everyone places the same order of importancies as you or I or those other people. Graphicical accuracy is important to many people and rightfully so, IMO.

# 38 Tommyklaid @ 03/07/11 10:14 AM
Game looks like a MUCH improved piece this year.

Yes, the commentary is FANTASTIC (and from what DIRTYJERZ says since he already has the retail) it's somethin' that REALLY draws me in.

The stances look great.

I really enjoyed the camera angle (when the ball comes off the bat).

*They've really stepped it up this year.

# 39 brendanrfoley @ 03/07/11 10:25 AM
I agree; videos show many more reaction animations that give the players much more of a personality on the field.

Visual Concepts is on the right path, though by the time they finally get "there" the MLB exclusive license will be gone. Take2 squandered its opportunty by releasing subpar products for years.

# 40 smearz @ 03/07/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Come on Jay, it is a serious eye sore when hitting. You cannot try and brush off all the bad and only want to talk about the good things.

That backdrop looks horrible

What about the incredible horrible running animations. Are we suppose to not be obsessed about that either.
And I guess we're supposed to ignore really bad swing animations as well. When a batter swings and misses, the animation is absolutely horrible. There's no weight to the swing. It's not as bad when you make contact, but it's still not good either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.