Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hopeful Cubsfan @ 03/06/11 04:56 PM
Does this mean there is zone hitting?!
Sorry if I'm late to the party.

# 2 TimeBombTown @ 03/06/11 05:10 PM
*sigh* that jumbotron with that generic graphic looks so bad...

I do like the pitcher being shown warming up at the beginning though.

# 3 Hopeful Cubsfan @ 03/06/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
No. If you guess the right location, you get a bonus of some sort.

I did like that even though the kid hitting clearly didn't know what he was doing, he was still able to intuitively pull off two check swings.

I have no idea what he is doing that sends his runner to third on a single. But that wasn't in the demo for the 360.

It's hard to tell, but the game seems pretty solid for the PS3.
I kinda thought that's what zone hitting is, you guide the dark spot to mimic where you want the bat to swing, and it gives you a better chance at hitting the ball. The better the batter, the bigger the spot, right?

# 4 SPTO @ 03/06/11 05:14 PM
The game looks pretty good. The kid playing definitely doesn't know what he's doing at times but it's nice that it seems for the most part the pitching interface is a bit more forgiving.

# 5 xunleashed @ 03/06/11 05:14 PM
Bad base-running animation to say the least.

Most of the other animations look smooth. These guys really suck at playing.

# 6 The Bimmer @ 03/06/11 05:17 PM
That was good stuff. I wonder why in both videos the throws from the infielders are ground balls to first? Is this slider related or maybe part of the patch?

The hitting view is definitely better then the demo imo, plus I really like how that commentary flows.

These guys must not of been happy with the 2K11 roundtable impressions thread, with their comments about the show.

Thanks Jayhawker

# 7 drterb @ 03/06/11 05:51 PM
Overall, it looks good, bordering on great.

The two nitpicks I have are with the 3-1 play by the CPU (3:33) and the off balance throw by Scutaro (9:20).

Teixeira should not have thrown wildly off his back foot while Garcia was still 40+ feet away from the bag. Stop, pivot, begin moving towards first base and either underhand or overhand the ball to Garcia depending on how close he was in relationship to him.

From what I've seen so far (demo and videos), the plays involving pitchers at 1B need a lot of work (at least from a CPU AI standpoint).

Scutaro made the proper throw (animation wise) to 1B based on his momentum. If the user would have stopped Scutaro's momentum, he could have made a better throw to 1B. It's nice to see rocket arms on these types of throws are gone. However, there's something off about the way the ball made it to the first basemen. I don't think it bounced high enough and I don't think the grass slowed it down as much as it should have. The David Wright throw in the Mets/Nats video was even worse IMO.

I'm anxious to read the release day patch notes and I can't wait till Thursday!!

# 8 jeffy777 @ 03/06/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb

I'm anxious to read the release day patch notes and I can't wait till Thursday!!
You mean Tuesday?

# 9 Rules @ 03/06/11 06:09 PM
Here they are talking about the commentary in the game and how great it is. Now if only they would have shut up so that we can enjoy it instead of their crappy yack yack in the background then it would have been great!

# 10 tvman @ 03/06/11 06:16 PM
Is it just me or did the swings and misses he had using Youkalis looked much better than in the demo, the bat appeared to some weight to it.

# 11 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/06/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Here they are talking about the commentary in the game and how great it is. Now if only they would have shut up so that we can enjoy it instead of their crappy yack yack in the background then it would have been great!
agreed, and Kevin Youkilis Is 6'5/ 6'6...LOL that's why he holds the bat that way... That was great.

He' 6'1

# 12 HK-47 @ 03/06/11 06:21 PM
9:54... Rounding bases still looks weird.

# 13 tvman @ 03/06/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
9:54... Rounding bases still looks weird.
I agree but if it gets the job done who really cares.

# 14 Jordanfan23 @ 03/06/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I think the ground ball throws are the result of bad timing and not letting the fielder get set. I think there is a big advantage to not pre-loading a throw on a routine groundball, or even one into the gap.

We are not going to get the rockets as a guy leaps backwards from third and short like we saw last year unless the guy has a legit rocket arm.

I agree, if he let's him get set before he throws, that ball doesn't roll across the whole infield lol! Gameplay looks great to me!

# 15 tvman @ 03/06/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
I agree, if he let's him get set before he throws, that ball doesn't roll across the whole infield lol! Gameplay looks great to me!
I agree, i really think this is going to be a fun game to play!

When i see the cpu make throws from second to first when moving to their right they seem to stop and set themselves before throwing.

# 16 BigBlue @ 03/06/11 07:02 PM
C'mon, 2k! The base running animations, ESPECIALLY rounding the bases is unforgivable. They look worse than last year. Are you going to tell us that this will be one of the areas youre going to focus on for 2012?

You guys take too long to fix these eyesores. Case in point, remember how long it took to make a batting helmet and bat look like the real thing instead of one w I too short bill and a toothpick?

Now I have to look away when base runners are rounding the bag.

Pathetic!

BigBlue

# 17 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/06/11 07:07 PM
Not bad . VC really needs to work on the Replays & Real-Time Presentation.

I think were gonna be surprised by the little things in the game

Ex: Look @ the home plate area @ during the 1st inning. Things like this may be over-looked by IMO it's a great touch by VC which adds realism to the game

# 18 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/06/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Not bad . VC really needs to work on the Replays & Real-Time Presentation.

I think were gonna be surprised by the little things in the game

Ex: Look @ the home plate area @ during the 1st inning. Things like this may be over-looked by IMO it's a great touch by VC which adds realism to the game
Joe what are we looking for?

# 19 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/06/11 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Joe what are we looking for?
The HP Area is very dark. (due to being watered-down) as the AB goes on the HP area begins to lighten-up. Though small, a great touch by VC to bring a little realism to the game

# 20 Sheldon27 @ 03/06/11 07:46 PM
Maybe the base running will be fixed with the day 1 patch

If who was playing wasn't so bad lol I think we might have had a better experience with the video, but I'm really liking it so far, great gameplay

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.