Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cubfan @ 03/08/11 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Looks great, only have two main issues:

1. I hate how the car fishtails every time the guy hit the turn left button
2. The cars look like they're going much faster than what it says
Yeah i noticed that to. I look and at one point he was only going 190 when it looked much faster.

# 2 seasprite @ 03/08/11 12:35 PM
My hype meter just went from 9.0 to 100. Great vid

# 3 Mo @ 03/08/11 01:28 PM
-Maybe it was the level of difficult, but he made his way to the front way too easily.
Sometimes he just pulled out and without help made the pass, Dale Jr Style.

-Carl Edwards by himself caught back up to the draft instead of losing it.

-The Bump Draft was cool though.

# 4 Brew @ 03/08/11 02:05 PM
It did seem a little easy...

It looks like the cars handle very well in traffic though which could be good or bad.
Graphics look great... though I could do without the draft indicators like the air coming off the car and the draft yardage stuff... takes away from realism IMO
Im at work so I couldnt really hear how good the sound is.
Interested to see how the "paint booth" is in this game!

This game is a definite buy for me... looking forward to March 29th!

# 5 woody2goody @ 03/08/11 04:25 PM
It looks a bit twitchy to me. Other than that the game looks great!

At the risk of sounding miserable though, not sure about the draft meter and the arcade-style text. I hope you can turn that off, it's just a bit distracting.

# 6 Rules @ 03/08/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
-Maybe it was the level of difficult, but he made his way to the front way too easily.
Sometimes he just pulled out and without help made the pass, Dale Jr Style.

-Carl Edwards by himself caught back up to the draft instead of losing it.

-The Bump Draft was cool though.
No single car should have been able to catch or out run any drafting cars. If that was medium, then you can probably lap cars with no problem. I honestly did not like this video as it looked too easy. There is so much wrong with this video that it is not funny. Who goes from 43rd to 1st in 10 laps without any help?

Was there a need for a draft as it looked like his car was capable of going to 1st much sooner than the last lap.

# 7 JMD @ 03/08/11 05:14 PM
I agree, I also hope you can turn the draft meter and other things off in the hud. I like a clean screen so hopefully you can turn everything off. NFS Shift does it best, you can turn the hud off and on using the D-Pad, every racing game should do that.

The game looks great though, the cars look real nice. Since Shift 2 and this game come out on the same day, I'm picking up Shift 2 and will wait to read people impressions before getting this game.

# 8 jhamlin1971 @ 03/09/11 07:29 AM
I agree, it must be set on easy for him to go last to first in 10 laps. Since the race was set to only 10 laps, maybe it makes it easier because of the short race?

Wonder if this was played with a controller or a wheel. Could be why there was so much jerkiness with the car.

I like the pre-race commentary and fly-over. However, the best part of "Gentlemen, start your engines!" is missing. I like full control and driving the pace lap (like Nascar 2003).

Didnt see any wrecks or cautions. Still anxious to see video on how they incorporated that aspect of NASCAR.

Still looking forward to this game but this video is making me scared that it might be to arcadey...

# 9 Papi34 @ 03/09/11 12:51 PM
Looks good, love the sense of speed. I think that it must of been on easy though, as everyone says, because of the way he sliced through the field. You can do the same thing in NR2003 on easy though.

I didn't like the way he seemed to really thump the cars in front without any adverse effects at all, especially with Carl Edwards when he catches his rear nearside. I would have thought that would have caused a spin, or at least a good twitch.

# 10 acreyman @ 03/09/11 06:41 PM
well.......I really hope there is a difficulty that caters to hardcore fans and not 8 year olds because that was pathetic. someone is gonna sue Kyle after that vid because they got whiplash from his "bumpdrafting". Some of those hits woulda sent one if not both cars into the wall or at the very least caused some damage. I am assuming damage was off in the vid.......the draft was way too powerfull, and like mentioned above Carl Edwards caught up when he was out of the draft. And it looked like the lead cars were WAY ahead of the rest of the pack. That video really threw up red flags. If they come out with a Demo that need to put all the difficulty levels in it. This is the last hope for a us NASCAR fans I think and I am getting worried.

# 11 BronxBombers22 @ 03/09/11 07:37 PM
I would be very suprised if this video were on any other difficulty than the easiest setting. I'm not worried at all. After all, why make a video of a guy starting 43rd and finishing 40th? I'm sure we will be able to turn off all the HUD options also.

# 12 Randiesel75 @ 03/10/11 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers22
I would be very suprised if this video were on any other difficulty than the easiest setting. I'm not worried at all. After all, why make a video of a guy starting 43rd and finishing 40th? I'm sure we will be able to turn off all the HUD options also.
I'm in agreement with this.

# 13 gigadkc @ 03/10/11 07:13 AM
a dev said that the difficulty level was medium in that vid. He also said that the higher difficulty levels will be very challenging and he said that a lot of stuff was turned off, damage was one of those things. And for those who wondered: yes, u can turn off draft indicators

you can check out a lot of cool stuff here, that's one of the devs and he gave us already a lot of infos about the game: http://twitter.com/davet_etx#

# 14 seasprite @ 03/10/11 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
a dev said that the difficulty level was medium in that vid. He also said that the higher difficulty levels will be very challenging and he said that a lot of stuff was turned off, damage was one of those things. And for those who wondered: yes, u can turn off draft indicators

you can check out a lot of cool stuff here, that's one of the devs and he gave us already a lot of infos about the game: http://twitter.com/davet_etx#
That is certainly good news imo. I know this game will be, at the very least, arcady. I just hope they allow you to be able to make tweaks to gameplay in order to get it as close to sim as you possibly can with the game.

# 15 BronxBombers22 @ 03/10/11 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
That is certainly good news imo. I know this game will be, at the very least, arcady. I just hope they allow you to be able to make tweaks to gameplay in order to get it as close to sim as you possibly can with the game.
The Devs said that the game is a simulation. They are just giving the options to make it a little more arcady for those who aren't as interested in the sim aspect. I'm sure this game will be very close to a simulation with the correct settings.

# 16 bubba4 @ 03/13/11 11:24 PM
My goodness! I was so excited that EA was out of the Nascar gaming business that I hadn't thought about who might fill the void. This company looks to be coming out with a quality product right out of the gate!!
Now I'm even MORE excited!
Bubba4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.