Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

According to Community Manager Alain Quinto, the Fight Night Champion patch will not be available for another couple of months.

Quote:
"Dev Team Update March 09th, 2011

Update regarding OWC Boxer Match Up Freeze issues;
- The Dev Team is aware of the issue and is preparing a TU/Patch in hopes to address it.
- The release date of the TU/Patch has NOT yet been solidified but expect it to be sometime in the next couple of months. More information will be released about this in the coming weeks.

Update regarding perfect block and counters
- The Dev is investigating a Tuner Set update that addresses the perfect block counter
- We are reading the the forum feedback regarding this issue and will update the community via this thread with more information."

Update - March 15th

PM from Mike Mahar - he responded to my pm about my suggestions on hit detection:

To: WarSooie
Date: 03/15/2011 11:10:01
Subject: Re:Just a suggestion...
Connection Rate has/will be lowered via the patch/tuner set update.
Exact release announcements are coming soon (next week or so)
Check here for the most up to date information;
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5320789.page

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Mike

Here's the newest posting on the EA forums:

Dev Team Update March 15th, 2011

The Dev Team and Mods will be releasing news of the following ...impending updates...this week;
- DLC Content
- TU/Patch Update
- Tuner Set Update - based on specific forum/community feedback
All three items are being scheduled for launch in the next several weeks
We will release specific details around the content for each of the updates via this thread.
Please stay tuned.

-The Dev Team

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 41 vision @ 03/10/11 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt the stamina issue fixed in the demo with a simple tuner update?..If so why in the world isnt Ea doing any tuner updates thus far?...simple stamina and accurracy tuner update would go a long way in pleasing disgruntled gamers...
Maybe we are in the minority. What are the EA forums saying?

# 42 tcrews @ 03/10/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
There is this thing called "Rent-First" that so few seem to know about.

For some reason EA Sports Games needing "MAJOR" Patches to fix seems to be the norm nowdays.

I feel sorry for folks that dropped $60 thinking things have changed.
Khaliib - Please don't take this as a personal attack. I live in Maine. Due to Netflix, Gamefly, and Redbox. All of the video game and/or movie rental places within about 35 miles of me were put out of business. I am very, very happy that they were to be honest. They had a horrible business model. However, in between discovering Gamefly (which I've had for almost a year now, thank God) and the aforementioned stores closing down. I literally had 0 other options. It was either buy the game for $60 at Gamestop, Wal Mart, etc, or not buy the game. Or...wait a few days, read reviews, come here and read what people are saying, and inevitably end up buying it anyway because review sites are awful when it comes to sports games (9 times out of 10 giving sports games much higher reviews than they deserve) and you'll see enough "good" comments on here to make you buy it. After you realize it has all these problems, you can then....what? Sell it on ebay? Trade it back into Gamestop for $15 all of 48 hours later? I can afford to pay $40 a month for 3 games out at a time on Gamefly. But not everybody can. If people love boxing, or any other sport. A lot of them have to save up for a few months in anticipation of a purchase. Then the game comes out, they've saved their $60, they buy it, and it's broken. So then, they're essentially out $60 and just saved for months for a broken game that's yet another example of microtransactions and beta testing.

Not trying to attack you, just please understand that "renting first" is not an option for everyone, not by a long shot. This isn't even factoring in people that aren't connected to the internet that won't have access to patches and tuner sets. Or the people that don't know forums and game news exist, aka have no idea that a patch is coming to fix their broken game. I think anyone that bought this game has a huge right to be upset with their wasted $60, because this game did not deliver the game we were promised by EA among others...

# 43 NoJoke @ 03/13/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun

Locking up online and causing some 360's to RROD (I have PS3, but I had FNR4 on 360,
Is this known issue? I had my 360 elite for four years and never had a problem. Got my first freeze ever with FNC and within a week had the rrod.

# 44 blackscorpion11 @ 03/14/11 09:40 PM
I own the game, knew i wanted it months ago.. But honestly, NONE of this suprises me. EA has become synonomous with releasing poorly tested games full of bugs and glitches and then trying one or two attempts to patch them..

The DLC is expected from a corporation whose goal is higher profit (as it should be).

The ONLY way to "power up" your boxer should have been thru sparring and or training.. The fact that you can buy attributes just tells you how little realism matters to EA's dev team and decision makers.

Remember , they make video GAMES, not simulations..Somehow , someway they always leave the door open for cheese and exploits.. A realistic boxing sim wouldnt sell as well and they ARE a business..

I enjoy the game, i bought my $20 XP.. havent fought online yet (need to practice and spar more because i like to actually try to BOX rather than load up on one punch and mindlessly mash buttons until i connect.

PS... I agree that the stamina seems too low to me, boxers tire too soon.

# 45 fistofrage @ 03/14/11 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
PS... I agree that the stamina seems too low to me, boxers tire too soon.
I think you may be the only person on this board who thinks boxers tire too soon. I can throw 70 to 80 punches per round on heavyweight and still have full stamina at the end of the fight.

# 46 SteelerSpartan @ 03/14/11 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I think you may be the only person on this board who thinks boxers tire too soon. I can throw 70 to 80 punches per round on heavyweight and still have full stamina at the end of the fight.
Yeah haven't seen too many people wanting more stamina either

# 47 acts238shaun @ 03/15/11 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoke
Is this known issue? I had my 360 elite for four years and never had a problem. Got my first freeze ever with FNC and within a week had the rrod.
Yeah, on EA Forums several have had their PS3 go yellow light on them and even more have had a RROD from FNC. My 360 went RROD from freezing while trying to fight online. It never did it til FNR4. After I got it fixed, it wasn't long after I sold it and bought a PS3. Even still, the more stable ps3 is having issues now.

# 48 Phobia @ 03/15/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Yeah, on EA Forums several have had their PS3 go yellow light on them and even more have had a RROD from FNC. My 360 went RROD from freezing while trying to fight online. It never did it til FNR4. After I got it fixed, it wasn't long after I sold it and bought a PS3. Even still, the more stable ps3 is having issues now.
My Xbox Slim has never frozen since I bought it. Fight Night Champion has frozen my 360 3 times now. I am scared to play the game because of all the RROD and YLOD that are being reported.

# 49 DaveDQ @ 03/15/11 02:44 PM
It is being reported that after you mess with the replay editor and go online you get the dirty disc error. I was getting it and installed to the HD but still get it. I think it does having something to do with the replay editor.

I have also gotten freezes upon fighter select in OWC. They need to fix this asap.

# 50 acts238shaun @ 03/15/11 03:45 PM
Update on the first page guys.

# 51 DaveDQ @ 03/15/11 04:30 PM
Thanks for the update, Shaun.

# 52 SteelerSpartan @ 03/15/11 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It is being reported that after you mess with the replay editor and go online you get the dirty disc error. I was getting it and installed to the HD but still get it. I think it does having something to do with the replay editor.

I have also gotten freezes upon fighter select in OWC. They need to fix this asap.

Have you tried clearing your cache???

I was playing a fight now fight and unlocked an acheivement......the game started to chug like a PC game that was running on too high a settings for the rig............

I turned it on and off 3 times to see if the choppiness would go away...and started to get a little worried when it didn't.....

Thankfully after I cleared my cache everything got back up to speed

Ive been fairly lucky so far with the freezes.....only happened 3 times and 2 of them were because of that stupid pre-order code business

which is pretty good considering Ive logged some long consecutive hours tweaking sliders/tendencies

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.