Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bluengold34_OS @ 03/17/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Race footage from Bristol on NTG FB's site.

http://on.fb.me/f5bOks

Looks like 6 laps on easy. Not flattering.

WTF....I hope he was racing with a controller. He was all over the place, and just abused the AI along the way. I am not sure if this is an indictment on him, or the game itself. He kept dive bombing in the corners, and cutting the track.........but if it was wih a controller, then I guess I can understand without knowing how the controller handles in this game.

# 2 Mo @ 03/17/11 09:10 PM
Bob, I think he's mentioned on twitter that he only uses the controller.

Nonetheless, that reminded me so much of EA's installments.

# 3 Rules @ 03/17/11 09:22 PM
Had to be a controller. AI looked like crap.

# 4 brandon27 @ 03/17/11 09:37 PM
It looks nice, thats for sure. Can't believe how much you can "lean" on the AI cars though. That looked more like a demolition derby than a race. I was confused too by the AI how they stayed in a big long double file pack. Only time you actually see that in nascar is on the plate tracks, but even that's changed now with the 2 car drafting stuff we saw at Daytona. That's the first video of this game I've seen that turned me off a little bit from the game. Still a buy for me, no doubt though.

# 5 jhamlin1971 @ 03/18/11 07:11 AM
I have such high hopes for this game, but the more I see videos like this, makes me think that this is just another arcadey type racer. Once again, no cautions or wrecks were shown.

Drafting is important in the speedways and superspeedway tracks, not necessarily Bristol. The spotter kept talking about the draft along with the graphics displaying the car was in the draft. Spotter also seems to say "slingshot past them" a lot.

Would be nice to see someone using an actual wheel instead of a controller to see how the AI responds without all the bumping and banging from the player. Basically, see the actual "sim" side of this game instead of the arcadey crap. Game looks great which is uplifting but if the gameplay is bad that won't matter. I'm scared but still hoping cause I pre-ordered it! lol

# 6 Randiesel75 @ 03/18/11 08:14 AM
I have yet to see the video, so I reserve any judgement. However, like the previous video, I can only assume the difficulty is set fairly low. I have to think that after a few hours with this game, most of us will have progressed past this and moved up to a more realistic difficulty setting.

# 7 Bubba_Zanetti @ 03/18/11 09:02 AM
[quote=brandon27;2042221916] I was confused too by the AI how they stayed in a big long double file pack. QUOTE]

That's the thing I noticed too. Good AI is important to me as I don't race online and I don't like it when you can pass multiple cars with one attempt -- too arcadey.

Still got my fingers crossed and I'll reserve judgement for later but...

# 8 Papi34 @ 03/18/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I was confused too by the AI how they stayed in a big long double file pack.
Yeah, just looked bizarre, like all the AI cars were tied together or something. I do like the picture in picture thing though. Gives it a nice broadcast feel. Spotter is a lot busier than some of the other videos as well. I think that's new isn't? Can't remember seeing that before. Could be wrong though.

Also, is that some really bad popup on the crowd or just the viewing angle changing? It looks like it's adding an extra layer of detail, but it's hard to tell because of the quality.

# 9 acreyman @ 03/18/11 10:32 PM
first of all who the heck drives 3rd person behind the car anyways? These vids are killin the vibe of this game, AI looks bad and it just looked SO arcadish. After watching the developers video interviews I can understand why this game might just be a dud. Its a bunch on Brits developing the most pure American sport there is, NASCAR. One of the guys called the different cars "Liveries"...... made me cringe.

# 10 Rules @ 03/20/11 12:14 PM
I just cancelled my preorder for this game and will wait for the impessions to roll in. Just can't justify the added expense after seeing videos like these. I have yet to see a video of the game that doesn't scream out arcade. You can clearly see how much work still needs to done with this series.

1) The AI cars never responded and just drove around the track in line with little to no separation.

2) Sling shot around at Bristol???? Seriously?

3) Another video of bumper cars with no consequences for poor driving.

4) If the developers can't drive their own creation what does that tell you?

# 11 BronxBombers22 @ 03/20/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I just cancelled my preorder for this game and will wait for the impessions to roll in. Just can't justify the added expense after seeing videos like these. I have yet to see a video of the game that doesn't scream out arcade. You can clearly see how much work still needs to done with this series.

1) The AI cars never responded and just drove around the track in line with little to no separation.

2) Sling shot around at Bristol???? Seriously?

3) Another video of bumper cars with no consequences for poor driving.

4) If the developers can't drive their own creation what does that tell you?
Its called a low difficulty setting.

# 12 Rules @ 03/20/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers22
Its called a low difficulty setting.

Not from what I was reading on their Twitter. Yes they said they will increase the difficulty but what we witnessed in this latest video was on the higher settings!

They also said the AI will not separate with just a 6 lap race but will do so over a much longer distance.

# 13 the_serz88 @ 03/20/11 08:11 PM
Difficulty settings aside, this looks like something EA helped produce. Three-wide racing all the way through the corners at Bristol? Points for a clean pass and being able to hold the draft? The car bouncing off the other car as you dive down into the corner? It just seems like this game is going to have a very unwelcomed arcade feeling.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.