Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bgamer90 @ 03/22/11 11:47 AM
Slightly edited picture:

# 102 marshallfever @ 03/22/11 11:47 AM
....that was a waste of 34 seconds. The NCAA teaser was much better, at least they showed us something. This teaser was well pretty much just a simple tease.

I know its a teaser and its suppose to be a tease, but everything happened to fast and the videos clearly weren't big enough for us to get a good grasp of what was happening. Like someone before hand mentioned, they seemed as if they wanted to please everyone and show a bit of everything yet not showing truly anything.

I personally would of liked them to go the ncaa route and show us at least one nice imagine or video and sort of explain what was happening or the features present in that video. This was too much of a tease even though it was just a teaser.

# 103 roadman @ 03/22/11 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
EA has released Madden with more than a few bugs upon release. Sometimes they don't fix all the bugs and you just have to deal with it. Also, what if it's not complete, meaning it's half-finished (see gameflow/gameplanning) like a lot of features over the years ?

I know there's just something crucial that they're going to overlook that's going to totally kill custom play-books for me.
Never would hire you for a Morole Officer position. We get it.

I've been wanting CB for awhile and the hot streak/cold streak could be interesting.

New camera angle, sweet.

# 104 NAdkins01 @ 03/22/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Well, I have to say that so far I was way more way more impressed with what NCAA has shown and they way it was shown. They seem very confident in their game and it shows. To me Madden is much more secretive about their marketing and doesn't come off as confident in their product. That is just me thinking out loud though...
Couldn't agree more

# 105 roadman @ 03/22/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
....that was a waste of 34 seconds. The NCAA teaser was much better, at least they showed us something. This teaser was well pretty much just a simple tease.

I know its a teaser and its suppose to be a tease, but everything happened to fast and the videos clearly weren't big enough for us to get a good grasp of what was happening. Like someone before hand mentioned, they seemed as if they wanted to please everyone and show a bit of everything yet not showing truly anything.

I personally would of liked them to go the ncaa route and show us at least one nice imagine or video and sort of explain what was happening or the features present in that video. This was too much of a tease even though it was just a teaser.

Go to page 3, post #26. Bigger still pictures.

# 106 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
....that was a waste of 34 seconds. The NCAA teaser was much better, at least they showed us something.
Are we looking at the same images? Thanks to the teaser, the community now has ideas about major features in the game, and you're telling me that Madden didn't show us anything?

# 107 RGiles36 @ 03/22/11 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I know there's just something crucial that they're going to overlook that's going to totally kill custom play-books for me.
Man, what's it like to carry this burden with you 100% of the time you're on these forums? You have (or show rather) NO optimism for this franchise. What's the point?

# 108 NAdkins01 @ 03/22/11 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am not sure about Player Tendencies(because of Player likeness). But NCAA 12 has a high % of having Custom Playbooks
Actually NCAA usually doesn't get new features that Madden gets until the following year so I wouldn't expect them until NCAA 13

# 109 guaps @ 03/22/11 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I think your first couple of lines were the reassurring. we both know on here people fight and protest about custom playbooks, changing the field goal mechanic and player tendancies. for most that the icing on the cake. Now of course after this wears off later today at about 3 we'll be back to talking about physics in the game,animations, what they are doing with passing and player interactions.
True, for many this is the icing on the cake. I guess I'm just tired of eating the same cake every year. I know this was mean to be a teaser, but it didn't tease me at all.

# 110 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 03/22/11 11:55 AM
To be honest, I'm not interested in the details like custom play books. I just wanted to see the animations clearly, and this teaser unfortunately was vague about that.

Although, if you look at the close-up of the boot, there is a runner in the background, and he seems to be exhibiting the same exact running motion of M11 (all hunched up).

# 111 kjcheezhead @ 03/22/11 11:58 AM
Liked the custom playbooks, other than that I'll have to wait and see how it gets implemented.

Always looking for a sign of them bringing back the ability to bump or play off 1 wr on a play. Would've been a nice little feature to add to a video like this so I'm guessing I'm gonna be disappointed yet again.

# 112 rangerrick012 @ 03/22/11 11:59 AM
My reaction is a big 'meh'. I'm so jaded by Madden now that it's going to take more than that 34 sec teaser to get me optimistic. I know it's still a long way from release so it's hard to expect any hard info, but it seems like EA goes out of their way to hype the little things (a countdown to the teaser trailer, tournament to decide the cover boy) instead of just delivering.

Like I said, I KNOW it's still a ways from release, and all that stuff will come eventually, but it seems like EA is a parent dangling candy at times, and we're the little kids. They always expect us to eat up the candy, but when it's been sour candy the past few years...yeah. I think that analogy was stretched abit, but you get my point. Things like teaser vids don't get me hyped anymore for Madden, just make me worry more if EA will finally focus on the right things this year.

# 113 roadman @ 03/22/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Liked the custom playbooks, other than that I'll have to wait and see how it gets implemented.

Always looking for a sign of them bringing back the ability to bump or play off 1 wr on a play. Would've been a nice little feature to add to a video like this so I'm guessing I'm gonna be disappointed yet again.
Gameplay is 3rd week in April.

# 114 brza37 @ 03/22/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
*Begins minor derailment*

My personal dream in regards to playbooks is for them to combine tying a playbook to a coach, not a team, with the computer changing their plays every year using a weighted custom playbook setup.

So what would happen is the coaching changes would bring a new system to the team, but each year individual plays would be assessed against the current squad.

e.g. "For this play to be in playbook, Offensive Tackles PBR>90"

If it doesn't match, the play would get cycled out and replaced with one from the same formation that most matched the team's criteria.

Similarly, every year the user could be advised by their various co-ordinators if certain plays could be cycled out, and would recommend alternatives.

Tie the effectiveness of it to coach ratings, and bingo.

*End derailing*

But yes, I doubt if they would drop Gameflow in the slightest. It proved to be a very popular feature last year and is more realistic - even if it needs improvements
This is a great idea. It would add a ton to the replay value down the road. Actually, I think NFL Head Coach 09 had this implemented in some form. I can't wait till they finally get to that level of detail in Madden Franchise.
Thanks for the derailment.

# 115 SteelerSpartan @ 03/22/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Those shots of field goals makes me hope that they have revisited special teams.

Me Too

Im tired of having to have House Rules for those

and man I hope to the lord that CPU can punt effectively when they're across or near the 50

# 116 roadman @ 03/22/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
My reaction is a big 'meh'. I'm so jaded by Madden now that it's going to take more than that 34 sec teaser to get me optimistic. I know it's still a long way from release so it's hard to expect any hard info, but it seems like EA goes out of their way to hype the little things (a countdown to the teaser trailer, tournament to decide the cover boy) instead of just delivering.

Like I said, I KNOW it's still a ways from release, and all that stuff will come eventually, but it seems like EA is a parent dangling candy at times, and we're the little kids. They always expect us to eat up the candy, but when it's been sour candy the past few years...yeah. I think that analogy was stretched abit, but you get my point. Things like teaser vids don't get me hyped anymore for Madden, just make me worry more if EA will finally focus on the right things this year.
Guess it depends how long you've waited for Custom Playbooks, a different camera angle, hot/cold streaks, franchise improvements, etc....

# 117 Bgamer90 @ 03/22/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Didn't help. Still photo is too small. Might be my eyes, but I still can't see anything.
What I got was:

-custom playbooks

-improved online franchise and/or a possible spectator mode

-new player tendencies and/or ratings

-improved madden ultimate team mode

-Mascots and/or better player & game intros

-New running animations & better feet planting

-dynamic player ratings

-surprise onside kicks

-New kick meter (?)

-New (post play) camera angles replicating real life TV broadcasts

Mascots, custom playbooks, improved madden ultimate team mode and dynamic player ratings (Ray Rice picture) seem to be definite additions.

# 118 Tengo Juego @ 03/22/11 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
-New running animations & better feet planting
This is something I'd definitely like to see, but saw no real evidence of. The bottom right shot on the player's legs/feet wasn't highlighting any foot planting or running animation.

# 119 RedZoneD25 @ 03/22/11 12:11 PM
One thing I didn't see in the replies is the game appeared to be cleaned up with the font, menus and things of that nature. It looks more like a sim, mature video game than any other year. Good to see...It's the little things for me, and it makes the game appear respected by the devs (in turn, easier to respect as a buyer)

# 120 Palo20 @ 03/22/11 12:16 PM
I don't think they were trying to show better foot planting, that picture looks a lot like the NCAA one where they were showing the blades of grass. So I think it was the field they were trying to show.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.