Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 BlackCats101 @ 03/25/11 06:35 PM
Are there day-to-night transitions during races?

# 202 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolsLove
In the last several NASCAR games put out by EA, they didn't allow you to create a car with a number below 100. Can you do that in NTG '11?
yeah, you can create a car with 0 all the way to 100.

# 203 Jayhawker98 @ 03/25/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolsLove
In the last several NASCAR games put out by EA, they didn't allow you to create a car with a number below 100. Can you do that in NTG '11?
Yah, its got a paintbooth like forza on xbox or mod nation racers on ps3 if you have played any of those games.

# 204 redsox111820 @ 03/25/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
Are there day-to-night transitions during races?
nope. sorry

# 205 Jayhawker98 @ 03/25/11 06:44 PM
sorry blue, didnt know you were postings his answer too lol

# 206 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker98
sorry blue, didnt know you were postings his answer too lol

Bro...don't worry about(lol) I just poked my head in here, as I was over at the Eutechnyx forum meltdown about the Justin tv feed.

# 207 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 06:52 PM
I just raced a 38 lapper at Fontana on the Hardest level, with no assist on, and damn...........I could barely stay in the top 10. I had to wrench on my car in all 4 cautions just to creep into the top 10. I melted the hell out of my tires to stay there, and if i had to go one more lap, would have been a blowout.

BTW

Someone asked earlier, if you could physically see the tire blowing, or going down. I can answer this with an absolute yes now. I had a tire blow the hell out, and struggled like hell to make it to the pits. When I pulled into the pit box, the showed the tire, and it was all the way down to the rim.....with just shredded bits and chunks of the tire hanging onto the rim for dear life.

Real cool sequence!!

# 208 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:04 PM
Blue i am playing the game also on MP for the 360 there is no AI cars is there any on PS3 please tell me yes. Also i am having to race on Very Hard i think the Legend setting is way to easy.

# 209 KahneFan4 @ 03/25/11 07:07 PM
All I wanna know is this so called "Live Stream" is just bad streaming right? The game is amazing right? Best console NASCAR game right?

# 210 Senor Nascar @ 03/25/11 07:07 PM
There is no AI in multiplayer. I asked a while back about this and was told the unfortunate answer that they did not include any AI. Hopefully this will be added next year if enough people complain.

Also, if the hardest setting is too easy mason, how is adaptive AI??

# 211 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:13 PM
What i was saying was Vet is way to easy first race at Dyatona I ran 48.2 qualifying lap and 2nd place had 51. this was with no assist on. I bumped it up to very hard and they run mid 48's. The racing was fun but i never seen a driver make a move on any other driver seems like just rubber band racing. Also the caution delay is very very bad i got spun i was in first i cam down way to early and the caution didnt fly for at least 25 seconds. I will say the driving feels wonderful in this game and the cross hair thing is awesome. I just dont like NO AI in MP and i have never really had to make any adjustments on my car to win.

# 212 lyndonfirefighter @ 03/25/11 07:13 PM
the version justin tv has. at watkins glen the pit road looks messed up have you noticed this?

# 213 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:19 PM
I will go check it out right now on WG.

# 214 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Blue i am playing the game also on MP for the 360 there is no AI cars is there any on PS3 please tell me yes. Also i am having to race on Very Hard i think the Legend setting is way to easy.

Nope, when I talked to Ed(VP of Eutechnyx) he said they were focusing all their efforts in making the offline AI run correctly. He said there was no way they had time to get the online AI interaction correct.

# 215 Ænima @ 03/25/11 07:27 PM
The guy playing on justin.tv is saying that playing on Very Hard with all assists off his fastest lap is 1.6 seconds faster than all the AI drivers.

A lot of us don't believe him... this seems ridiculous to me.

# 216 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK_T
I just joined this site and read through ALL the questions and not one person asked about the REWIND FUNCTION. Does it work. Can we rewind 5 seconds after a mistake if we hit pause and rewind like I heard was in the game. Also is there any screen tear in turns and such. Nascar 09 on ps3 had screen tear a lot and it bugged the fire outta me. Anyways I just hope this game isnt like 09 online by giving users the option to KICK players easy like in Nascar 09. People as in jerks abuse its kicking system. Ruined my leaderboards by the morons also kicking me before I crossed the finish line in a ranked race win and took many of my wins away. I hope they make it fair ONLINE!
The rewind option works just find. While driving, you just hit the select button, and it pauses real quick. Then all the options come up afterwords, and you go from there.

# 217 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
The guy playing on justin.tv is saying that playing on Very Hard with all assists off his fastest lap is 1.6 seconds faster than all the AI drivers.

A lot of us don't believe him... this seems ridiculous to me.

He is playing the retail game if i am looking at same one so i guess he is.

# 218 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:37 PM
This is a pic taken from Phone i will post more from the WG pits.

# 219 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 07:41 PM
Man that posted huge. Blue just my thoughts but this game is basically just a SP game not for Mp. I know this is there first attempt at a game but i dont think they did a good job. I think they have a good base for future releases but this is only a SP game. Why not just push the game back until it was ready or dont have MP on my box cover. If i could take this back right now and get my money back i would.

# 220 kretiztik @ 03/25/11 07:43 PM
I watched the guy race on justinTV he did put it on very hard, turned all assists off, won the pole, and from green flag to checkered flag no AI car even came close to him and he won by over a second or two

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.