Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 goosedawg68 @ 03/25/11 04:51 PM
Probably a stupid question, but will there be computer cars to fill out the field online?

# 182 Dazraz @ 03/25/11 04:53 PM
First of all thanks for all your feedback. I think I speak for everyone here when I say you have gone above & beyond in reporting your findings on the game.

Just a question regarding the season mode. Do you have the option to switch drivers during the season as was the case with NASCAR Thunder?

# 183 The Gasman @ 03/25/11 04:55 PM
How is the framerates throughout the game, have you noticed any big drops or do they stay pretty even?

What view do you like using the most? I like using the hood views in console games, is there hood view pretty good? And is there a virtual mirror in the hood view?

Is there any NASCAR challenges or anything like that like they had in the NASCAR Heat games?

Have you wrecked Danica yet?

# 184 mashookaloo123 @ 03/25/11 05:08 PM
Have you been able to flip your car over yet?

# 185 xxJosh93xx @ 03/25/11 05:26 PM
Is there a season mode for splitscreen players?

# 186 KahneFan4 @ 03/25/11 05:36 PM
No season mode for splitscreen.

# 187 Perfect Zero @ 03/25/11 05:39 PM
First of all, thanks for answering questions for the community. I'm really liking what I'm hearing (if only these guys could get the IRL license).

Is there a way we can get some pics of the tracks (like Texas and Bristol)?

Also, I know you've said that the editor is kinda like Forza. Does this mean that you can use a lot of shapes to create different logos? Can you merge them and create something like a stamp? Also, does one have to put the letters on individually, or can you type it out and use that as a stamp?

Something else I was wondering: do track temperatures do things to the car making you have to adjust tires and stuff like that?

# 188 KahneFan4 @ 03/25/11 05:42 PM
I believe the Devs said temps will not have a handeling affect but I may be mistaken. But you will have to adjust the car.

# 189 GibsonD90 @ 03/25/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gasman
How is the framerates throughout the game, have you noticed any big drops or do they stay pretty even?

What view do you like using the most? I like using the hood views in console games, is there hood view pretty good? And is there a virtual mirror in the hood view?

Is there any NASCAR challenges or anything like that like they had in the NASCAR Heat games?

Have you wrecked Danica yet?
Danica wrecks herself... More likely to take herself and you out than you wreck her...

# 190 lyndonfirefighter @ 03/25/11 05:52 PM
hey a guy has a live stream going of the game. and well some things look horrible. i refuse to believe he has a retail copy. because it looks just horrible.

# 191 KahneFan4 @ 03/25/11 05:55 PM
Where is it?

# 192 lyndonfirefighter @ 03/25/11 06:03 PM
wont let me post the link.. justin.tv

# 193 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 06:05 PM
I have the game and it looks great and drives great but the fact that during online match there is 0 AI cars has me dumbfounded. I played private match and custom and neither had AI cars.

# 194 lyndonfirefighter @ 03/25/11 06:07 PM
i refuse that he has a final build he says he does but i wont believe it

# 195 Vince Howard @ 03/25/11 06:08 PM
Have you found out about the manufacturer in paint booth issue yet?

# 196 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock11
couple of questions
1. Is the high groove ever faster then the low groove. I noticed in nascar 09 the low groove was always faster then the high groove regardless of track.
2. does your car handle any differently in clean air.
3. does your car drive different from practice to the race like in real life. Is bristol day race any different then bristol night handling wise.
4. I noticed in nascar 09 I would run out fuel like 10 laps before the AI cars, does this happen nascar 11.
5. Are lap times and pits times close to real life times
1.Yes high groove was faster at Daytona for me.
2. It didnt seem to react any different to me but spotter kept saying your in clean air.
3. Not sure about practice havent done that but no difference from day to night at bristol.
4. Not sure
5 Yes they seem very similar.

# 197 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 06:13 PM
I have the retail build game looks great but there are some serious fram rate issues in a multi player race. My friend was racing with me and his car was moving everywhere stuck on the wall for 10 seconds and he said he was never even on the wall. His car would jump from the wall to lower grove instantly and back. Thing is this was a private race so there was only 2 cars on the track how will it be with 16.

# 198 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedawg68
Probably a stupid question, but will there be computer cars to fill out the field online?
I have raced a private match and custom match and there is 0 AI cars. I am playing on xbox not sure about PS3.

# 199 mason3132 @ 03/25/11 06:21 PM
I just looked at Justin TV he does have Retail Build looks just like mine.

# 200 FoolsLove @ 03/25/11 06:32 PM
In the last several NASCAR games put out by EA, they didn't allow you to create a car with a number below 100. Can you do that in NTG '11?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.