Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 georgiafan @ 04/27/11 04:07 PM
I thought it was intresting at the 50 second mark when a school that looked like Indiana is shown coming out of the tunell. The school is being lead out by some kind of coach.

# 2 canes21 @ 04/27/11 04:08 PM
First off, Jean, where is your undershirt?

Secondly, I hope the pregame intros change a little bit each time. I don't want to see the guy almost fall on his face every single time I have a home game as Colorado. I don't want to see the tiger roar and a player stop in the same way every single time at LSU.

# 3 TheGMan77 @ 04/27/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I thought it was intresting at the 50 second mark when a school that looked like Indiana is shown coming out of the tunell. The school is being lead out by some kind of coach.
If that's suppose to be Kevin Wilson, that's a joke. He's at least 150 pounds lighter than that. They did the same to Gary Patterson.

# 4 khaliib @ 04/27/11 04:14 PM
Like Button Push!!!

Loved the grass pick-up at 2:37 and the diving tackle attempt.
If that spin-off is due to size/weight/agility of players involved, we might have something here.

Still don't like that push-to-the-ground animation during blocking though.
Backs need to be more aggressive runners, especially from the Big Power Schools. (You have to run hard if your going to get playing time)

2nd Like Button Push for Presentation!!!

# 5 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/27/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
First off, Jean, where is your undershirt? I hate when people don't wear an undershirt.

Secondly, I hope the pregame intros change a little bit each time. I don't want to see the guy almost fall on his face every single time I have a home game as Colorado. I don't want to see the tiger roar and a player stop in the same way every single time at LSU.
I saw an undershirt and you know good and well its gonna be the same thing everytime with just different teams( in reference to the tiger roaring at opposing player). He stumbled when he said broadcast, forshadowing....

# 6 georgiafan @ 04/27/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
First off, Jean, where is your undershirt? I hate when people don't wear an undershirt.

The camera angle will change on the entrances and some of the special ones are just in rivalry games.

The guy for Ind. didnt look like a head coach so either he is very generic or maybe an assist coach.

# 7 illwill10 @ 04/27/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The camera angle will change on the entrances and some of the special ones are just in rivalry games.

The guy for Ind. didnt look like a head coach so either he is very generic or maybe an assist coach.
I think they are generic

# 8 Lava @ 04/27/11 04:34 PM
Neat video.

# 9 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/27/11 04:52 PM
This video made me realize how much I really like getting new videos & "news" even if they are just talking about all the same things that we've already heard about and seen.

I just need my NCAA Football 12 fix

# 10 sparkdawg777 @ 04/27/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
This video made me realize how much I really like getting new videos & "news" even if they are just talking about all the same things that we've already heard about and seen.

I just need my NCAA Football 12 fix

Yep, I'm right there with you..

# 11 Black4track @ 04/27/11 05:00 PM
Not to be negative, but we already knew all of this. The "montage" at the end of quarters has already done.

# 12 CM Hooe @ 04/27/11 05:20 PM
Cool interview.

Still waiting on seeing Virginia getting some love with the team-specific presentation, though.

# 13 dan_457 @ 04/27/11 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
ya i literally laughed out loud when i saw that
Yeah, same here.

# 14 sportzbro @ 04/27/11 05:53 PM
the run at 2:39 looks weird for some reason... like he's just jogging around, not really sprinting. Also, not much leaning at all when cutting.

# 15 Bullet Sponge @ 04/27/11 05:56 PM
Changing camera angles for intros will be nice to break up the monotony of canned sequences, BUT... and I've said this before... WHY can't those intros be more organic? Why can't each of those guys running out on the field for Colorado be individual characters running out there so you can vary who runs out exactly where, how fast, whether a guy stumbles, jumps for joy, etc. Heck you could change the height/weight/face of guys in the intro every so often. This could make every single intro unique every time, including the teams running out on the field. They have the player models for them, just toss in some simple AI and let them feel real for each game and not canned.

# 16 mm boost @ 04/27/11 06:01 PM
Loved the video, thanks for posting. Can't wait for July 12th. I won't have a life anymore lol.

I can't wait to see some info on Virginia Tech, I wanna see how they improved their entrance!

# 17 Hiro1 @ 04/27/11 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Changing camera angles for intros will be nice to break up the monotony of canned sequences, BUT... and I've said this before... WHY can't those intros be more organic? Why can't each of those guys running out on the field for Colorado be individual characters running out there so you can vary who runs out exactly where, how fast, whether a guy stumbles, jumps for joy, etc. Heck you could change the height/weight/face of guys in the intro every so often. This could make every single intro unique every time, including the teams running out on the field. They have the player models for them, just toss in some simple AI and let them feel real for each game and not canned.
They did this last year they will be different depending on who is starting. Deep into your dynasty all the players running out will be different. Unless i misunderstood what you were trying to say.

# 18 Bullet Sponge @ 04/27/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
They did this last year they will be different depending on who is starting. Deep into your dynasty all the players running out will be different. Unless i misunderstood what you were trying to say.
Yes players change obviously. I was referring to everything though. Including the guys running out with the mascots, cheerleaders etc. AND letting them do their thing dynamically. Have each person run out on the field and not always start in the exact same spot, running at the exact same pace. They might hoot or holler sometimes, or (as shown in in the video) trip, or pump their fists etc. You wouldn't see people run out on a field the exact same way every time. Do away with canned sequences and program dynamic ones where each person has various things they could do each time.

# 19 Catamount53 @ 04/27/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Yes players change obviously. I was referring to everything though. Including the guys running out with the mascots, cheerleaders etc. AND letting them do their thing dynamically. Have each person run out on the field and not always start in the exact same spot, running at the exact same pace. They might hoot or holler sometimes, or (as shown in in the video) trip, or pump their fists etc. You wouldn't see people run out on a field the exact same way every time. Do away with canned sequences and program dynamic ones where each person has various things they could do each time.
I think they don't want to spend the time on it. It would be a very time consuming task to create AI and all that for all of the entrances in the game. Right now its basically a video and I imagine much easier to do than what you're saying.

# 20 kirkangil @ 04/27/11 08:40 PM
I was hoping he said something about new commentary.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.