Home
Madden 12 News Post

Peyton Hillis is your Madden NFL 12 cover athlete.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Dog @ 04/27/11 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
I can't believe Hillis is on the cover. I bet half of the casual fans in the country have never watched him play.

You would think it EA would be better off to use a player from a popular team (Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Jets) instead of a pretty good player from on of the worst franchises in the League over the last decade or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I guess you guys can keep crying if you want, but it's not going to change anything. Peyton Hillis is on the cover because of the fans.

[AlDavis] Peyton Hillis is a great playah. Deal with it.[AlDavis]
OSUFan, you are right

Spoiler

The fans voted him in - if you don't like it, take it up with the million or so people who voted

# 162 roadman @ 04/28/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Stopped reading after the title once I discovered who the author was.

# 163 BoomerSooner11 @ 04/28/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Stopped reading after the title once I discovered who the author was.
Nice catch.

# 164 djordan @ 04/28/11 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

This years wasn't about most deserving, it more about who is most popular.
Peyton Hillis is nowhere near popular than Vick. If he was he would've been in the top votes for Pro-Bowl. Be real now man....lol

# 165 roadman @ 04/28/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Peyton Hillis is nowhere near popular than Vick. If he was he would've been in the top votes for Pro-Bowl. Be real now man....lol
I'm being real.

He was most popular with the voters for whatever reasons. I don't know if it was because Vick was on the cover once already(that's my reason) ,Vick's past, or rally the vote for Hillis in the state of Ohio or Arkansas. Another factor is maybe Eagles fans didn't want the curse.

So, the person that won, for whatever reasons, won by majority and popular voting.

# 166 Captain_Crazzzy @ 04/28/11 01:00 AM
this is exactly why Hillis and Vick made the finals, bc either one would create a whole lot of mad.... and it worked... look at this thread.... bitches be getting trolled hard.

# 167 CardsFan52 @ 04/28/11 01:35 AM
Who cares I'm just glad the cover vote is done and now we can get to the details. Vick or Hillis, regardless I'm buying the game at midnight and playing the crap out of it.

# 168 mmorg @ 04/28/11 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
What's so funny, I mean really, he is nobody special, also agree with others, he shouldn"t be on the cover, sorry.
Well I've never heard of him, therefore he shouldn't be on the cover.

What a great attitude to have. You do realize that PEOPLE were able to VOTE for whomever they wanted to VOTE for. This isn't about who is special, or deserving, or any way you want to try and rationalize it in your head. The PEOPLE voted and Hillis won. Get over it.

# 169 bang911 @ 04/28/11 02:13 AM
Peyton Hillis is NOT the most popular NFL player by a longggggggg shot.

LOOK AT THE NUMBERS

Top Ten N-Scores of Current NFL Players:

1 Peyton Manning 262
2 Drew Brees 166
3 Troy Polamalu 165
4 Donovan McNabb 153
5 Tom Brady 131
6 Aaron Rodgers 119
7 Eli Manning 105
8 Mike Wallace 100
9 LaDainian Tomlinson 57
10 Charles Woodson 51

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...marketability/

The Voting was manipulated because people were able to vote multiple times. 13 million different people didn't actually vote on the Madden cover player.

# 170 Bellsprout @ 04/28/11 02:28 AM
This wasn't a popularity contest. It can't be a popularity contest when large pockets of fans are voting against their players because of a curse.

I don't know what the hell it was, but popularity contest was the wrong description.

# 171 PVarck31 @ 04/28/11 02:48 AM
Damn, some of you guys are just so mad.

# 172 ODogg @ 04/28/11 03:07 AM
Thank goodness Vick didn't win, although I wouldn't have minded seeing him tear his MCL when the curse struck...

# 173 CM Hooe @ 04/28/11 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
The Voting was manipulated because people were able to vote multiple times. 13 million different people didn't actually vote on the Madden cover player.
I wasn't allowed to vote on any one matchup more than once.

# 174 bang911 @ 04/28/11 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I wasn't allowed to vote on any one matchup more than once.
People did find ways to do multiple votes on one computer....

Quote:
Peoples: For the record, in case you didnt know, there are a couple ways to vote various times.

-You can cast a vote in each internet browser
-Each time you go into private browsing in firefox or incognito in chrome, you can cast a vote

So, in other words...you can vote as many times as you want. I have a feeling we're gonna have to do a good amount of that to beat Vick.

SO...KEEP VOTING!!!
Quote:
i just voted like 15 straight times for Hillis with opera private tab. lol
Quote:
Hey guys, been a while since i've posted here but been visiting everyday. Just a little tip if you open your browser in "Private Browsing" you can vote as many times as you want in a day. Just have to Open in private browsing, vote, go back to google or wherever then back to madden vote page. Sometimes you have to close Private Browsing then re-open.

Firefox: Tools>Start Private Browsing (or Ctrl+Shift+P)
IE: Safety>InPrivate (or Ctrl+Shift+P)
Chrome: File>New Incognito Window (Ctrol+Shift+N)
Safari: Safari>Private Browsing
http://www.castefootball.us/forum/fo...adden-12-cover

1 million DIFFERENT people did not vote on the final Madden 12 cover vote.

I'm sure Vick had people voting multiple times for him as well, but there must be more nerds in Cleveland!!!

# 175 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Guy wasn't even a top ten rusher last year. Was 11th, 6th in TD's.

Just dumb. Least deserving player ever, it's not even close.

The OTHER Peyton, who plays in Indianapolis, hasn't even been on a cover.

It's just silly. It doesn't make me mad, I'm not "hatin'", it's just dumb and silly. It's a joke. Being on that cover was something you earned. Being a pretty-good player for one season wasn't enough.
In this voting competition for the Madden cover he was more popular.

Outside of that it's not even close.

# 176 ExtremeGamer @ 04/28/11 06:46 AM
This thread is funny to me.

The people saying they have never heard of Hillis obviously aren't NFL or football fans, so it wouldn't have mattered who was on the cover. Even if you "claim" to have never heard of Hillis, he was on highlight films with ESPN and NFL Network all season, so stop either trolling for a response or proving you don't watch football at all.

The people who are mad, seriously, it's a cover? Who cares. Yes, I'm pumped and excited about Hillis on the cover, but come on now. That really upsets you? A player "you've never heard of" is on the cover?

And Cleveland has more "nerds" voting? LOL, okay. Sorry that the Cleveland fans were excited about this and voted as much as they could. EA or ESPN never once claimed 13 million people voted, just said there were 13 million votes. I don't care how much Cleveland supposedly fixed the vote. Look at MLB All-Star voting, it's fixed every single year with teams stuffing ballot boxes, but all of a sudden Cleveland (of all cities) organizes a voting effort to get our first athlete on a videogame in 15 years since Manny was on a game back in the 90's.

Sorry for disgracing the Madden cover I guess, but I'm happy as hell about it.

# 177 mrmass413 @ 04/28/11 08:53 AM
im a vick fan and i really dont care who won. hillis was a monster last year he deserved it. everybody take some ridaline and relax a cover is a cover nothing more

# 178 ab2c4 @ 04/28/11 10:36 AM
I am extremely relieved. I honestly wouldn't have bought M12 if Vick was on the cover, I think he is a total scum bag, always has been and probably always will be.

# 179 CWSapp757 @ 04/28/11 11:10 AM
As a Steeler fan, I can honestly say.... who cares. Its a cover. I don't care if the cover was Terrell Suggs urinating on a Terrible Towel aside Ray Lewis setting a Big Ben jersey on fire.... as long as the game is better than Madden 11, I'm a happy camper

# 180 extremeskins04 @ 04/28/11 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
This thread is funny to me.

The people saying they have never heard of Hillis obviously aren't NFL or football fans, so it wouldn't have mattered who was on the cover. Even if you "claim" to have never heard of Hillis, he was on highlight films with ESPN and NFL Network all season, so stop either trolling for a response or proving you don't watch football at all.

The people who are mad, seriously, it's a cover? Who cares. Yes, I'm pumped and excited about Hillis on the cover, but come on now. That really upsets you? A player "you've never heard of" is on the cover?

And Cleveland has more "nerds" voting? LOL, okay. Sorry that the Cleveland fans were excited about this and voted as much as they could. EA or ESPN never once claimed 13 million people voted, just said there were 13 million votes. I don't care how much Cleveland supposedly fixed the vote. Look at MLB All-Star voting, it's fixed every single year with teams stuffing ballot boxes, but all of a sudden Cleveland (of all cities) organizes a voting effort to get our first athlete on a videogame in 15 years since Manny was on a game back in the 90's.

Sorry for disgracing the Madden cover I guess, but I'm happy as hell about it.
EG, there are a few reasons why people are upset.

1. People know that when it came down to the final (Vick vs Hillis), people voted for Hillis more because people still can't get over what Vick did.

2. How in the world is Hillis more popular than Aaron Rodgers who won the
Super Bowl? Or even Clay Matthews? My wife hates football and barely watches it, but she knew who Clay Matthews was before the Super Bowl even started. When I told her that Hillis won the Madden cover, she's like "who?".

Let's be real here, Vick didn't win because people are still holding a grudge and can't just let it go which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me because no one's life is perfect. Everyone has made a drastic mistake in their lives, but they want to continuously bash a man who is really trying to recover his life.

It's really sad honestly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.