Home
Madden 12 News Post

Mike Young, Art Director of Madden NFL 12, has posted a detailed blog on many changes to the presentation aspect of the game. Be sure to check the

Quote:
"The first major addition to presentation is a totally revamped pregame package, including authentic player entrances for all 32 NFL teams. All of the run-out details are featured, including tunnels, inflatables, pyro, cheerleaders, mascots, flags, vehicles, and animals. Whether your team has a no frills introduction like the Steelers or an over the top entrance like the Broncos, we have the details covered. The five foot Auger Hawk “Taima” in Seattle, the giant inflatable Bear in Chicago, the Miller Light Club in Dallas, the huge inflatable Viking ship in Minnesota, the chopper with a sidecar in Indy, the Cowboys cheerleaders and the Warpaint in KC…it’s in the game. In addition to having the accurate details for each team’s entrance, the presentation of these run-outs is superb. Every scene has been filmed just like they would on game day by two of the best cinematographers the NFL Films has to offer. (More on this later)"

Source- Major presentation and graphical upgrades

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ezekiel55 @ 04/28/11 12:48 PM
Looks like no real time cut scenes once again.

# 22 Exonerated @ 04/28/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel55
Because EA went into a CBS truck and learnt how CBS did cutscenes.

So logically, they did not copy how CBS did real life cutscenes?

# 23 canes21 @ 04/28/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Because EA went into a CBS truck and learnt how CBS did cutscenes.

So logically, they did not copy how CBS did real life cutscenes?
I don't know if you were joking or not, so....

Real Time is when players will do an animation in real time like celebrating, walking, jogging, talking, pretty much anything on the field. The camera just pans over to them and watches their animation play out.

Cut scenes are when everything is pre-canned. Player A will always fist pump, player B will always pat Player C on the back, etc. Everything is pre-crafted including the camera(s). It always plays out the same.

# 24 ezekiel55 @ 04/28/11 01:01 PM
The issue is canned cutscenes that dont fit within the flow of the game, and become repetitive...NBA 2K and The Show did away with them and it's a much better look.

# 25 canes21 @ 04/28/11 01:02 PM
Quote:
The issue is canned cutscenes that dont fit within the flow of the game, and become repetitive...NBA 2K and The Show did away with them and it's a much better look.
MLB 2k does everything real time as well and it is just leaps better than anything canned. Sometimes the animations will look goofy, but just it being cut to real time still looks a lot better than anything canned that looks silly and does get repetitive.

# 26 ezekiel55 @ 04/28/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
MLB 2k does everything real time as well and it is just leaps better than anything canned. Sometimes the animations will look goofy, but just it being cut to real time still looks a lot better than anything canned that looks silly and does get repetitive.
Exactly, if anything it'd probably save devs time not having to capture the cutscenes and just having a library of animations to play out post whistle...I'm a big fan of RT cutscenes, unfortunately, looks like another year of canned stuff.

# 27 HealyMonster @ 04/28/11 01:17 PM
Finally, it appears EA is talking a language I understand. One of the greatest things I could have ever done for myself was to not play Madden 11. Madden 12 is going to be a good game for me from the sounds of things because I am a presentation whore.

# 28 ausar72 @ 04/28/11 01:22 PM
Impressed.

# 29 SmashMan @ 04/28/11 01:47 PM
Quote:
I just the phrasing "real time cut scenes". Oxymoron!

# 30 br329 @ 04/28/11 02:00 PM
Looks like I'll be buying two football games this year! Looks great!

# 31 statum71 @ 04/28/11 02:03 PM
Sounds fantastic.

But I'm still disappointed with no apparent Halftime.

# 32 jagsrock95 @ 04/28/11 02:03 PM
ok now it's starting to come together. I think this time EA was really holding back on the info and it seems as if they are still working on it which is great. unlike last year where everything we saw around draft time was pretty much what we got. Glad to see EA finally taking charge and at least trying to deliver a more authentic presentation and not just adding some half *** half time presentation. Im not gonna jump the bandnwagon quite yet but Im really liking what I'm seeing...this might be the first year I *gasp* buy both games!

# 33 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 02:28 PM
I'm not a presentation guy but, that was a pretty great read and GASP....I actually had a few light chills reading that.

Well done Micheal, well done. You've raised my hype meter to whooping 3.5 it was at 3. You should be proud, and no this is not sarcasm lol. Love what I read.

# 34 radatdude2 @ 04/28/11 02:37 PM
i like how fixing the player proportions have addressed the ball size issue. Im getting excited about madden again.

# 35 drlw322 @ 04/28/11 03:05 PM
one other thing i noticed, he said new running style. Remember in the player edit screen in madden 10-11 there was player running style that you can't edit under the throwing style. Here's to hoping they have several styles of runners with different animation sets.

# 36 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/28/11 03:58 PM
Looking good! Looking the actual time they're putting into this. Giving us from what it seems better game play with seemingly great visuals and presentation.

# 37 Joborule @ 04/28/11 04:07 PM
I am in LOVE with this blog. Authentic Pre Game? Authentic broadcast presentation and camera angles? Progressive lighting? 3D grass? Added equipment and enhancements to the graphics?

Yep, presentation got some real love this year, and I love it. If it comes with progressive weather as well that would be the cherry on top.

# 38 Matt Diesel @ 04/28/11 04:11 PM
Color me impressed.

Please make me want to buy Madden for the first time in 5 years.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.