Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has posted details on Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode with a Franchise Mode article coming tomorrow.

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"Practices now have a purpose because of the new experience points system. Each practice session gives you ten plays to rack up points. Using an improved version of Gameflow, Madden's computer-controlled play-calling option, you run through random plays you might see on game day. The better you perform, the more points you earn. And those points in turn are spent to improve your player. There are no silly focused sessions to improve specific abilities. It's simple and it should open up considerably more freedom in Superstar mode. As a result, Tiburon's hope is that no two Superstars will be the same.

To that end, there's more to your player than just his attributes. New this year are traits and tendencies, which you set to determine the mental aspects of your player. After all, two linebackers might have a high tackle rating, but one could always play it safe and wrap up the ball carrier while the other always wants to put a little hurt into the opponent."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 illwill10 @ 05/14/11 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenTwentyNine
I'm sorry if I missed this, but do you get skill points from playing games or just practice?
i think both

# 82 AllDay560 @ 08/10/11 07:33 PM
anyone know if you will be able to negotiate contracts, i hated in the old ones that you had to agree to the contracts given to you, i wanna be able to ask for more money and more/less years

# 83 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/10/11 09:32 PM
I just hate that you start out as a starter even if you're a 60 overall.

# 84 illwill10 @ 08/10/11 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
One of the reasons why I havent played SS in a while. I was hoping that it would be fixed. But with the ability to walk on to a team, You can walkon to a team whose current starter is very low, Ex Redskins as a QB. I usually dont create a player from scratch in SS. Before I just used a rookie, draft was so random. But now I will import all my RTGs into SS. I can walk on to a team that has a low current starter and for scheme.
I just we can pick numbers. I hated being a RB and having #38-49.

# 85 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/10/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
One of the reasons why I havent played SS in a while. I was hoping that it would be fixed. But with the ability to walk on to a team, You can walkon to a team whose current starter is very low, Ex Redskins as a QB. I usually dont create a player from scratch in SS. Before I just used a rookie, draft was so random. But now I will import all my RTGs into SS. I can walk on to a team that has a low current starter and for scheme.
I just we can pick numbers. I hated being a RB and having #38-49.
True. I'll probably give it a shot with Miami or Washington or something as the QB, but I'd prefer to go to a team like Minnesota and wait for McNabb to retire or something like that.

# 86 illwill10 @ 08/10/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
True. I'll probably give it a shot with Miami or Washington or something as the QB, but I'd prefer to go to a team like Minnesota and wait for McNabb to retire or something like that.
I plan on going to Washington(my SS career plans on other SS thread). Washington has 6 WRs with 90+ Speed and a good TE.
I would love to go to a team like Colts, Pats, or Vikings and basically be on the bench for 3-4 Seasons. Then becoming Starter, or going through the Matt Cassell route.
But, if I am going to automatically start over a starter I would want it to be a guy who is 85 or lower or a underachiever. I wouldnt want to start over Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers. It would be like, "**** you, I am the best thing since sliced bread"

# 87 illwill10 @ 08/10/11 11:10 PM
One thing I would like to know is, is there a option to turn on Commentary like in RTG?
I know that Coordinator Audio was added(really hyped for this). The ability to have commentary in rtg really added replayability for me

# 88 illwill10 @ 08/11/11 02:57 AM
I just hope import ratings are consistent. Last few years were inconsistent. I know we can use XP points, but I want it to be consistent. It should be based off of ratings

# 89 illwill10 @ 08/11/11 03:04 AM
Quote:
Cant rememberm but in PS2 days, I think there was position battles.
There were tons of good features that were in last gen. Web, Player Description, Places to stay, Contracts, Chance to be on Cover, More Interviews, Chance to be in a Movie, Barbershop, Positional drills. So many features that are missed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.