Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has just released quite a few more Madden NFL 12 details, including the ability to change teams in the offseason, tiered scouting system, an eBay style bidding system for free agents and more.

Quote:
  • Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.
  • Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.
  • The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.
  • Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
  • Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.
  • Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.
  • Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.
  • Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.
  • Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.
  • Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.
  • Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 patsfan188 @ 05/15/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
NO.....

they wouldnt do that because its unfair to a person who wants to re-build a team

so basically if your a Bills fan and you didnt have a Real 1st round poick and the game reflected that , ALOT of fans would be PISSESD off , im a Raider fan and if my team wouldnt have had a 1st in Madden 11 iwouldnt have bought the game

(After all im not the ******* that traded it away , why should i be punished when i paying for a Game)

i dont see them every doing that
You wouldn't buy the game just because the raiders wouldn't have their 1st rounder... wow but I would love to see authentic picks just like NHL 11

# 62 TLF @ 05/15/11 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Then players who were potentially traded as part of a package would have to be returned to their original teams too.

Starting off with accurate draft picks would be the way to go, in my opinion.
if they do it, they will have an Option that u pick Yes or No
just like for the Injuries , the Fantasy draft etc.

but the only people that do it would be the Pats fans as of now......

no other team trades like them , and they are 1 of the 4 teams i do Not use , so i wouldnt care , as Long as its optiuonal

and Hockey is waaaay different in the Draft to be Honest , because its not as much of a Transition to the Pro's
if u can Score a Goal , then it shouldnt be hard for you to succeed

# 63 TLF @ 05/15/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
You wouldn't buy the game just because the raiders wouldn't have their 1st rounder... wow but I would love to see authentic picks just like NHL 11
yea a 1st round pick is Huge

especially how they have the Trading now
the CPU asks for an Arm and a Leg and usually Trade Rapes you for 1st rounders now

so i wouldnt and Couldnt Trade for one
which would hurt me , because of Al Davis's *******

# 64 bichettehappens @ 05/15/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
75 man roster, pre season games effect players ratings depending on perfromance, this tells me that we finally have position battles back in!!!!!
Although I like the extended roster and pre-season having an effect, I've never needed an actual "position battle" function in the game to dictate whether or not there are position battles.

# 65 PGaither84 @ 05/15/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
if they do it, they will have an Option that u pick Yes or No
just like for the Injuries , the Fantasy draft etc.

but the only people that do it would be the Pats fans as of now......

no other team trades like them , and they are 1 of the 4 teams i do Not use , so i wouldnt care , as Long as its optiuonal

and Hockey is waaaay different in the Draft to be Honest , because its not as much of a Transition to the Pro's
if u can Score a Goal , then it shouldnt be hard for you to succeed
You just want your Richard Seymore cake and eat it too.

I want authentic draft picks.

If you want to really rebuild your team [Raiders] just pretend Al Davis died and moving forward you team can now make less bad decisions.

This would only alter one or two offseasons... out of 30 years fo franchise. Even if you played only 10 or so, it would be more realistic, and as a result more rewarding than the way it is now

# 66 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/15/11 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Although I like the extended roster and pre-season having an effect, I've never needed an actual "position battle" function in the game to dictate whether or not there are position battles.
Agreed, you can keep track of it in your head, but it was cool to hear about on the radio show and read about. I actually liked that part of it. I also liked it somewhat being out of my control. I always went with the recommendation, even if it wasn't my choice. Sometimes guys with less talent beat out better guys because they have more heart. I always chalked it up to that in my crazy fantasy loving head lol.

# 67 StL_RamZ @ 05/15/11 02:56 PM
Everything sounds great but I hope they have a ON-OFF option for edit player ratings..befOre you start a franchise...my brother will alter ratings of all his players in other words cheat when I'm at work ugh

# 68 XNowOrNever85X @ 05/15/11 03:05 PM
Will there be injures in cpu vs cpu?I would love to see this so I can do a franchise without having to make a bunch of my own rules on how they get hurt.

# 69 Tengo Juego @ 05/15/11 03:22 PM
Still really hoping to hear about position battles, and some kind of training camp/OTA's or something that helps with cut days. I don't want to just be simming through each cut day making my choices based on ratings.

# 70 TLF @ 05/15/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

If you want to really rebuild your team [Raiders] just pretend Al Davis died and moving forward you team can now make less bad decisions.

This would only alter one or two offseasons... out of 30 years fo franchise. Even if you played only 10 or so, it would be more realistic, and as a result more rewarding than the way it is now
no it just makes it better to keep it the way it is imo

and i like the 75 man roster i hope their is a huge Over Haul in FA , not a few Rookies etc. i want Everyone and minor leagues Practice Squads and a UFL and AFL thing that lets u keep an eye out on Big Performers so u can sign them for your team next season etc.

i Loved how it was in Head Coach so bring it back

# 71 Philliezfinest @ 05/15/11 03:25 PM
I'm so excited bout being able to switch teams again I really missed dat feature

# 72 TLF @ 05/15/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
This. I think there needs to be a way to see Draft Picks in Player Management outside of Franchise Mode where you can edit the picks, and move them even before you go into Franchise Mode.

With EA doing everything they can to replicate what we see on Sunday, I don't see the problem in making sure the Picks are accurate as I think that will help Franchise Mode as well.

I can understand his frustration though but at the same time if a team trades their 1st Round Pick I think Madden should reflect that. I know I was trying my best when I controlled at 32 teams to make sure teams had correct picks, and I'll be doing the same thing again in Madden 12.

i agree i do NOT mind at ALL if you can edit the Picks just like u can edit the Roster by trading Peyton Manning for a 3rd stringer , u could Trade all the 1st round picks to your team before you start your Franchise for all i care , but dont make it a Focal Point imo

# 73 jmurphy31 @ 05/15/11 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

Exactly. It should be Authentic. if your team in real life wanted to trade picks it should be reflected in Madden. After one or two seasons your back to your original picks.

# 74 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/15/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Still really hoping to hear about position battles, and some kind of training camp/OTA's or something that helps with cut days. I don't want to just be simming through each cut day making my choices based on ratings.
My guess is that they don't force you to make cuts until sometime in pre season and they are going to let us use those games to decide who to cut. I doubt there is going to be OTAs. I could be wrong, but this would seem to be the best way to do it if they haven't added any new functionality for it. I guess we will all find out tomorrow.

# 75 jmurphy31 @ 05/15/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Yes, Ok now I see your point and understand it. What they should do is expand it to where each team can have 15 picks max(instead of the 10 picks total we have now) and in Player Management there will be a section for Draft Picks(whether it's 1 or 2 Years of Draft Picks) and it starts off with all original 7 or 14 (I.E 2012 and 2013 Picks available) picks for all 32 teams and from there if the OFFLINE user wants to move them to make things accurate go on ahead.

I'm glad they are bringing back switching teams, now the only thing I ask for is to be able to play other games and not just the team your controlling. I'm not talking about controlling all 32 teams, I'm just asking for the ability to play other games along with the team we chose like we had the option to do in the PS2 days, that way we could create our own parity if we wanted too.
You can still do this. Just go to League Schedule and select tehgame you want to play.

# 76 Tengo Juego @ 05/15/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
My guess is that they don't force you to make cuts until sometime in pre season and they are going to let us use those games to decide who to cut. I doubt there is going to be OTAs. I could be wrong, but this would seem to be the best way to do it if they haven't added any new functionality for it. I guess we will all find out tomorrow.
Completely forgot about Pre-Season. Derp. Still want training camp, though.

# 77 ACardAttack @ 05/15/11 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
yea a 1st round pick is Huge

especially how they have the Trading now
the CPU asks for an Arm and a Leg and usually Trade Rapes you for 1st rounders now

so i wouldnt and Couldnt Trade for one
which would hurt me , because of Al Davis's *******
Thats the price you pay for being a fan of one of the worst run teams in the NFL

# 78 jmurphy31 @ 05/15/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Thats the price you pay for being a fan of one of the worst run teams in the NFL
Or in Madden, the price you pay for being a Pats fan. We have lost Seymour, Branch, Cassell, and draft pciks in real life and we get nothing in return in Madden.

# 79 Jarodd21 @ 05/15/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I'm hoping it can be something like you can control 1 team for the season then control 32 teams for the draft and FA then switch back to 1 right before the preseason.

Love the edit feature, this way I can adjust players to make my own franchise storyline and have injuries impact ratings.

Yes I hope the have this option too.

# 80 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/15/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Or in Madden, the price you pay for being a Pats fan. We have lost Seymour, Branch, Cassell, and draft pciks in real life and we get nothing in return in Madden.
Honestly, I wish it was like real life, but I am pretty sure when AJ answered the question about the game not knowing the Browns cut Rogers he sort of gave us the answer for this too.

I play with the Falcons, I would much rather have to deal with the real price for getting Jones than to just have this great player and it not mean anything for the team. I will probably trade away my #1 to the Browns for some no good player to make up for this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.