Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Really cool.

I guess I'm gonna have to edit Eli. He does look odd being so big. I think its the pads and flack jacket.
This video was filmed before they tuned him.

I think this screenshot was taken after they tuned him

# 82 MattIntellect @ 06/03/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just to throw it out there... this is the FIRST video I was shown when I got here, so the graphics in it are severely out of date.
I tried to hold it, but I thought this video was old. Good to hear.

The beefy Eli scared me.

# 83 Other Guy @ 06/03/11 09:39 PM
Wait, so if you knock a QB around and rattle his mind he gets better?

# 84 Triathlete_201 @ 06/03/11 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

I guess I'll just have to get over the animations because they just look so awkward at times. Like the receivers running to the line to get set just looked so awkward. Madden needs more little/transitional animations to make the game look more natural. Everything just sort of snaps into place, really takes you out of the immersion.
Bingo! This game looks great in stills, not so much in where it counts, in motion.

Liking what I'm seeing and hearing everywhere else in that video though.

# 85 61woods @ 06/03/11 10:01 PM
To adembroski, is it still possible to tweak the animations so that the receivers have a more authentic/realistic stance at the line of scrimmage? I sure hope that it is not too late to adjust the animations. The stances in Next-gen have always bothered me, and this is how they should be -

# 86 blklightning @ 06/03/11 10:20 PM
animations still look wooden. but that commentary was awesome. but i have to doubt that it's reflective of what will be on the retail disc.

# 87 roadman @ 06/03/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
animations still look wooden. but that commentary was awesome. but i have to doubt that it's reflective of what will be on the retail disc.
Not really.

Mike Young, was quoted in this thread from Twitter, that there is commentary in the game from DPP.

# 88 LorenzoDC @ 06/03/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
Bingo! This game looks great in stills, not so much in where it counts, in motion.

Liking what I'm seeing and hearing everywhere else in that video though.
If it's an old video, then we probably have to wait until e3 next week to assess gameplay in motion.

But it still begs the question why EA would put out old videos that make the game look wrong (see: Eli as a 'roid monster) to showcase their headline new game feature.

# 89 ybtherockstar @ 06/03/11 11:09 PM
Im really liking this addition to madden. This is making it almost certain that i am buying the game.

# 90 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/04/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just to throw it out there... this is the FIRST video I was shown when I got here, so the graphics in it are severely out of date.
What about the animations? Just curious to see if there is going to be a improvement in that area.

I will state this, if the animations on the video is what we will be viewing in the final product.

The engine is just not friendly with animations, and it is time to really consider something different.

# 91 roadman @ 06/04/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
What about the animations? Just curious to see if there is going to be a improvement in that area.

I will state this, if the animations on the video is what we will be viewing in the final product.

The engine is just not friendly with animations, and it is time to really consider something different.
People are saying there are better animations in this video.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rformance.html

# 92 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/04/11 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For me, upper right side of the screen.

It's the play right after Sims sacks Eli.

I think it's a pass over the middle that is complete. Before the pass, I looked up at the upper right hand of the screen and I saw two Giants blocking one Eagle, or so I thought that is what I saw.
I did not see it also. I saw a 1 on 1. A double team would have been nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I guess I'll just have to get over the animations because they just look so awkward at times. Like the receivers running to the line to get set just looked so awkward. Madden needs more little/transitional animations to make the game look more natural. Everything just sort of snaps into place, really takes you out of the immersion.
Well said Sega you nailed it. Like you I really study the animations of a game. Now if the game has ok animations I will live with it, as long the game plays good in other areas. I will get Madden 12.

# 93 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/04/11 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
People are saying there are better animations in this video.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rformance.html
Thanks buddy That is great to hear.

# 94 PGaither84 @ 06/04/11 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I'm not one to point at fonts and jersey colors, but something is just off about the way players move in Madden. It's twitchy, bizarre...I don't know how to describe it but you can see it plain as day in this video. Manning's player model just looks strange as well.

I honestly couldn't get into what they were showing with dynamic performance because the game looks so ugly in motion. My optimism for Madden 12 actually dropped a bit after this vid.
I didn't want to be "that guy" again... but THIS! A thousand times THIS!

Thumbs up, thank you, +1, QFT, what ever.

Tired of the ice skating, the choppy movement, and how blatantly canned the animations look.

I am very excited about the off-the-field improvements. I really am. It's just... it's just like 5 years too late and the game play still looks poor. :Sigh:

# 95 BearschandRainman @ 06/04/11 12:52 AM
I kinda wish that madden would somehow switch to the Euphoria engine that the Backbreaker game uses. Or at least spend some more time on making the interaction between corners and receivers down the sideline more realistic. Corners need to be able to drop interceptions if hit hard enough and need to be able to go up and defend more, in my opinion.

# 96 mestevo @ 06/04/11 01:13 AM
The game as shown in the virtual playbook video looks exponentially better.

# 97 kingkilla56 @ 06/04/11 01:43 AM
I thought the video was going to completely rip Eli when I saw him take the hits lol. I was like aw here we go with this again. But I was surprised. Madden is trying hard not to get skipped by me again this year.

BtW Eli doesnt wear a back flap on top of his flak. Ive only seen Cam Newton do that....

# 98 LambertandHam @ 06/04/11 02:23 AM
I skipped Madden 11, but damn this looks amazing. I have a question in regardless to DPP when it comes to RB's.

I've read the cheat sheet, and a couple articles, but if a RB gets stopped for no gain/negative gain, or fumbles a lot, will he be more hesitant to make those big cuts, or maybe not hit the holes as he would on full confidence?

# 99 dannyisastud @ 06/04/11 03:38 AM
I think it was ellis hobbes

# 100 PVarck31 @ 06/04/11 07:54 AM
It was said by a dev that the Eli model will not look like that in the final build. The models have been fixed and the video is very old.

It was also said that there will be a bunch of Eli pics Monday to show us.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.