Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
The KR and PR. IDK why they wont add it.
Me too. I wish it was in. especially since Madden has it in theres.
Hopefully TE though, not a biggie but I would like the add

# 42 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I hope so, Even though the commentary is stale, without it there's a void for me. Loving the fact that into's are in too.

And Even though you created the thread fist, the title is kind of awful,
Yea Stale Commentary is better than no commentary
I rushed and did it. I wanted to do the title like this one, but I wanted to post the thread first.

# 43 dan_457 @ 06/06/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
I highly disagree with that. I love that the commentary is off. Im mean of course give us the option. But it feels more realistic that the commentary is off.
I have to disagree, because either way it's unrealistic. Unless you can talk to the other players and then to the coaches when you're not on the field, it's going to also be unrealistic, not to mention bland. No Audio at all, other than crowd noise is just terrible, It's not more realistic in anyway, that is unless everyone at the game has their mouth sewn shut.

# 44 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
I highly disagree with that. I love that the commentary is off. Im mean of course give us the option. But it feels more realistic that the commentary is off.
I understand what you are saying. I could deal without commentary. I like that we have pre-game intros.
I like what Madden is doing with SS where you can hear your coordinator speaking to you. So I would like that over commentary. I also would like to see cutscenes, more player chatter and field noise, and louder crowds.

# 45 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I have to disagree, because either way it's unrealistic. Unless you can talk to the other players and then to the coaches when you're not on the field, it's going to also be unrealistic, not to mention bland. No Audio at all, other than crowd noise is just terrible, It's not more realistic in anyway, that is unless everyone at the game has their mouth sewn shut.
agree
SS mode in Madden this year has you hearing the coordinator. Without field noise/play chatter and talking to coaches, it is very bland.

# 46 acts238shaun @ 06/06/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Me too.
Especially for schools that are not good or have students wanting to play. Players are forced to play both sides. Almost every team in our conference, had most of there players playing both sides because of depths.
Yeah, I played my junior year for a team with 12 players. You heard me, 12. We all played both ways. We won a grand total of one game that year. I played HB, SE, TE and DE with HB/DE being my best positions.

# 47 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Yeah, I played my junior year for a team with 12 players. You heard me, 12. We all played both ways. We won a grand total of one game that year. I played HB, SE, TE and DE with HB/DE being my best positions.
Our school has been historically bad so alot of people didnt want to play and players were forced to play both sides. Plus alot of people didnt like the training camp

# 48 Watson @ 06/06/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealCar10ck
yo Watson where'd you get that P-Pete cover. I don't wanna look through all the like 300 pages to find it in that thread.
Dayman made it, but here's a link to a collection of PP7 covers

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/201...-cover-request

# 49 schumj @ 06/06/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Our school has been historically bad so alot of people didnt want to play and players were forced to play both sides. Plus alot of people didnt like the training camp
Yah my school was 8 man football when I played. We still had to play both ways at a lot of positions. Now they play 6 man football. Not sure how much two-way they have to do with that, but those rules are crazy.

# 50 da ThRONe @ 06/06/11 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Where I'm from, 75% of the team played both sides of the ball. I don't know where you're from, but thats how it is here.
Where I'm from is in my avatar. Lol.

Maybe New Orleans is an exception, but it's rare to have a two way players. Either way I don't want to be forced to do so if I don't want to.

# 51 Gloves 82 @ 06/06/11 03:44 PM
That looks like a teambuilder team... So I guess we can put our players on teambuilder teams? I know we can import 'em to play against 'em.

# 52 RamblinWreck21 @ 06/06/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Man I thought my team was small with 30 guys. I was a starting WR and the back up QB. It was actually really helpful studying the gameplan from the QB perspective and WR. I seemed to always be on the same page with my QB. Too bad I wasn't very athletic so it mattered very little.

# 53 Gloves 82 @ 06/06/11 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Man I thought my team was small with 30 guys. I was a starting WR and the back up QB. It was actually really helpful studying the gameplan from the QB perspective and WR. I seemed to always be on the same page with my QB. Too bad I wasn't very athletic so it mattered very little.
At my school we only have about 245 people in HS. We usually have around 35-50 players on our team and everybody plays both ways.

# 54 1Moreno @ 06/06/11 04:01 PM
I'd definitely say it's a lot more common for HS players to go both ways. Especially if you're one of the more athletic guys on your team. The only guys I played with that didn't play both ways were QB's that were division one prospects.

If you go check out some of the beat prospects in the nation I guarantee most go both ways.

# 55 jwilphl @ 06/06/11 04:05 PM
I played HB/FB/TE/ILB/DE (although mostly FB & ILB), but I doubt we are allowed to play more than two positions in this RTG mode. My high school team was decent every other year (4-8, 10-2, 5-7, 12-1) due to senior-heavy classes.

I'm glad we can import teams now, so it actually makes sense for me to have a TB team of my high school, which I created way back in NCAA '10. I've started creating my conference and division, but I'm waiting to finish until TB '12 is launched as I'm hoping there are some improvements. I hope we can have more characters for school names and text on the jerseys. Right now the limit is just too low.

I'm also curious how the recruiting works in terms of interested schools. Do scouts come to games still, and if so, how does the game decide which scouts to send? I think the info before said something about local schools, but in that video Texas, BSU, and Michigan are hardly all local to each other. Also, how will the depth chart work? Does each school give you a scholarship and your rank on the depth chart like before? Is it completely static now? I'm hoping for some depth to the mode but somehow I think it will still be fairly superficial.

# 56 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 05:05 PM
I saw in Madden Ustream in SuperStar you will still start automatically. It MIGHT affect if I want to import or not

# 57 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
If you import chances are you will be higher rated overall. Thus making you closer to a real starter....making it more realistic.
Yeah. I am definitely not creating a SS, I will just import RTG players

# 58 RM938 @ 06/06/11 05:57 PM
Question maybe one of you could answer or speculate... Do we have the option to have 7-10 games or are the options only 7 game season or 10 game season?

Just wondering because we only have 10 teams including mine in our league so that make us play every team once then have one extra opening for week 10. I wouldn't want to have a 7 game season, itd be pointless to make all of my teams if we could only have a 7 game season.

Not trying to bash the feature because I'm going to use it regardless if the Season Amount doesn't allow us to have a 8 or 9 game season per say.

# 59 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
Question maybe one of you could answer or speculate... Do we have the option to have 7-10 games or are the options only 7 game season or 10 game season?

Just wondering because we only have 10 teams including mine in our league so that make us play every team once then have one extra opening for week 10. I wouldn't want to have a 7 game season, itd be pointless to make all of my teams if we could only have a 7 game season.

Not trying to bash the feature because I'm going to use it regardless if the Season Amount doesn't allow us to have a 8 or 9 game season per say.
It is 7-11 games. and it seems are not restricted to 7 or 11 games

# 60 RM938 @ 06/06/11 06:15 PM
Great. Thanks. Another question is that will there be the State playoffs on top of the Season or just the Season?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.