Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BlueNGold @ 06/07/11 04:14 PM
Movement off the puck looks a hell of a lot better. This pleases me.

Skating as we found out in the last video doesn't look much different, but personally that wasn't one of my biggest issues with the game. I'd still like to see it changed/tweaked though.

# 2 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 06/07/11 04:19 PM
I liked the way the player skated and just wristed a goal in without using any fancy animation. I also liked how the puck looked more "loose" on the players stick.

At 1:40 to 1:45 I also noticed that the hits seem toned down and more realistic. You will see a hit at the blue line where in NHL 11 that would be a hulkster smash but in NHL 12 it looks like the physics for the hitting are more realistic and the guy glances off of him because he didn't line up the check.

At 2:57 to 3:04 it shows some after the whistle play. Seems like we are allowed to hit guys to the ice and no penalty..

At 3:09 to 3:11 you see the faceoff deke garbage

At 3:20 to 3:25 you see a nice save by the goalie and it looks like it's harder to roof the puck when in tight?

Overall I like what he is saying about the puck physics but the faceoff gamebreaking cheese is still there.

# 3 jaiman @ 06/07/11 04:29 PM
i don't get it. Are we watching the same video? The one I saw looked identical to NHL 11. Also the link shows a video that is only 2:48 in length...something is off.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the video you were talking about. The link above is the wrong one.

# 4 GameSeven @ 06/07/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
i don't get it. Are we watching the same video? The one I saw looked identical to NHL 11. Also the link shows a video that is only 2:48 in length...something is off.
HawkeyMediaPlus is referring to this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32cUneO9wsE

# 5 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 06/07/11 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven
HawkeyMediaPlus is referring to this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32cUneO9wsE
Oh yeah my bad lol

# 6 nddurst @ 06/07/11 06:07 PM
Is it just me or does AI defense still look crappy? On the wraparound goal, the shooter was not even challenged. And while entering the zone there just seems to be no pressure.

# 7 Vikes1 @ 06/07/11 06:47 PM
To my eyes, the skating looked a little different than the first vid we saw. The skating motion imo looks better with this one.

# 8 FBeaule04 @ 06/07/11 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
Is it just me or does AI defense still look crappy? On the wraparound goal, the shooter was not even challenged. And while entering the zone there just seems to be no pressure.
Exactly what I saw. At 1:43, the AI D is stuck in the crease with the puck, having no idea what to do. A slight hit and the puck was in.

I don't know what to say really. If that wasn't for the fact that it's Winter Classic, would anyone thing that's a new hockey game? I would sure think it's NHL 11 with new tricks.

On the first video (2:48), is it me or Ramjagshing tried to glitch goal twice in the video?

# 9 d0wntime @ 06/07/11 07:30 PM
i liked the subtle animation of malkin fighting off a stick check.

# 10 tyler289 @ 06/07/11 08:29 PM
Looks literally identical to NHL11.

# 11 jaiman @ 06/07/11 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
I'm seriously thinking Littman was doing a better job, Ramjagsingh looks like he's driving this franchise into the ground.
This. Where the heck did Littman go? Is he still working on the NBA series?

# 12 Flamesfan102 @ 06/07/11 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
This. Where the heck did Littman go? Is he still working on the NBA series?
David Littman is responsible for the strategic and creative direction of EA NHL games. Sean Ramjagsingh is the Line Producer for the NHL franchise [he has been that the last few games]

# 13 nddurst @ 06/07/11 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Exactly what I saw. At 1:43, the AI D is stuck in the crease with the puck, having no idea what to do. A slight hit and the puck was in.

I don't know what to say really. If that wasn't for the fact that it's Winter Classic, would anyone thing that's a new hockey game? I would sure think it's NHL 11 with new tricks.

On the first video (2:48), is it me or Ramjagshing tried to glitch goal twice in the video?
On the wraparound goal, BOTH defensemen actually stray away from the puck carrier and head for the circles. WHY!!!????

# 14 BlueNGold @ 06/07/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
I'm seriously thinking Littman was doing a better job, Ramjagsingh looks like he's driving this franchise into the ground.
lolwut?

Talk about jumping the gun. You act as if the EA NHL franchise is terrible, which it's far from. Is it perfect? No. But it's still one of the best sports games on the market.

# 15 kerosene31 @ 06/07/11 10:38 PM
They talk about goalie bumping but I never saw one. Instead they add something which only happens once in a blue moon? I was hoping we'd see more realistic goalies instead of brawlers. Maybe program them to cover their posts properly instead of fighting?

# 16 BlueNGold @ 06/07/11 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
They talk about goalie bumping but I never saw one. Instead they add something which only happens once in a blue moon? I was hoping we'd see more realistic goalies instead of brawlers. Maybe program them to cover their posts properly instead of fighting?
Crosby bumped the goalie a few times before being called for a penality.

Also, the goalie blog last Wednesday said the goalies cover their posts better.

# 17 ComaFaction @ 06/07/11 11:51 PM
I did notice when Rammer had the puck at the point and held it, the defending Capitals player turned away from the puck and skated away from the point into his own corner...interesting choice.

I know the game has lots of tweaking time...but why would you ever show that off?

# 18 savoie2006 @ 06/08/11 03:01 AM
Well based on what I've seen, the game still looks too north/south wide open hockey. I haven't seen much setting up in front of the net, though that probably has to do more with the way whats his face was playing. None the less, at this point, it looks like I may be just buying NHL 11 again and sticking with it, unless there are some serious improvements to BAGM and the sim engine proves to be alot better.

# 19 BlueNGold @ 06/08/11 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well based on what I've seen, the game still looks too north/south wide open hockey. I haven't seen much setting up in front of the net, though that probably has to do more with the way whats his face was playing. None the less, at this point, it looks like I may be just buying NHL 11 again and sticking with it, unless there are some serious improvements to BAGM and the sim engine proves to be alot better.
That aspect looked pretty good to me starting at :45. Both Crosby and Dupuis set up in front, then Kunitz trades places with Crosby in front of the net.

# 20 Section_25 @ 06/08/11 05:28 AM
I know it says "work in progress" but the benches are STILL empty during fights.....WHY????

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.