Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the first NBA 2K12 screenshot, courtesy of 2K Sports. Dirk is shown taking on LeBron and Bosh, but we already know the ending of this story. You can see the high-res screenshot here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tommyboii2008 @ 06/30/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Wow looks great! Now please 2K, please correct all color palettes this year!!! That is all I'm asking.
Yeah those Miami jersey colors are OFF

# 22 kai123 @ 06/30/11 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboii2008
Yeah those Miami jersey colors are OFF
It's most likely a render because as you can see, the man at the scorers table behind Stevenson's hand has a face that is partially white. And for the record, 2k always comes out with screenshots like these but you can adjust the lighting on your tv to make it look better.

# 23 SouthBeach @ 06/30/11 04:22 PM
Looks pretty good so far.

Dirk looks MUCH better. Can't really tell for sure, but it looks like Bosh has a new model as well.

I don't think Miami's colors are off. I mean, they could be but I think it's just the screenshot. Because American Airlines Center is brighter than what the screenshot is showing. We'll see though!

# 24 tommyboii2008 @ 06/30/11 04:25 PM
2K should let the same ppl that Mod 2k for the PC work on the 2k12

# 25 NINJAK2 @ 06/30/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Check out the first NBA 2K12 screenshot, courtesy of 2K Sports. Dirk is shown taking on LeBron and Wade, but we already know the ending of this story. You can see the high-res screenshot here.
Bu looking at the high res I can see that Chandler, Dirk, Stevenson(throat tatoo), and Wade have been redone..

# 26 Jakeness23 @ 06/30/11 04:39 PM
only thinks i disklike... still looks like white guys will have to go another year with longer hair being heavily gelled into place... or create a guy with a buzz cut... and the 2 rubberbands are the same color instead of different... and it looks like shoes are still not fully editable. but it's early and i have faith

# 27 NealN42 @ 06/30/11 05:01 PM
Not sure why people keep saying the player models look much better from that screenshot? The tats look much better, and Wade + Dirk + Stevenson's faces look better, but all of the actual player models look identical in every way other than that. Also, the crowd isn't even remotely looking at the players at all. Did notice the net looks better than years past, and the arm sleeve with rubberband is long overdue.

# 28 cavsfan2 @ 06/30/11 05:09 PM
Is it just me or does the net rope look thicker and less floppy as opposed to years past?
I might just be thinking I'm seeing new things...

# 29 Jakeness23 @ 06/30/11 05:26 PM
jerseys still got that paper thin look to them as well, wish they could add some thickness and get them to lay flat like the undershirts.

# 30 toogoodofryall @ 06/30/11 05:51 PM
Is it just me or does it look like dirk has a cut on his right kneecap?

# 31 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/30/11 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toogoodofryall
Is it just me or does it look like dirk has a cut on his right kneecap?
I was about to post this! I don't know if that was done intentionally or not, but it looks nice!

# 32 da ThRONe @ 06/30/11 05:59 PM
Player models seem to be the improvement that jumps out. Just hoping there's a large variety of body styles.

# 33 Dwadefan @ 06/30/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I was about to post this! I don't know if that was done intentionally or not, but it looks nice!
It is a shadow not a cut if you look at his other knee it is the same thing

# 34 seanbarkley @ 06/30/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'll be the OS troll here and say they still can't get the jerseys to sit on the shoulders of the players.
Good point. They should take a look at what pc modders do with uniforms, they could help 2K a lot!

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=75559

# 35 TalenT @ 06/30/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Not sure why people keep saying the player models look much better from that screenshot? The tats look much better, and Wade + Dirk + Stevenson's faces look better, but all of the actual player models look identical in every way other than that. Also, the crowd isn't even remotely looking at the players at all. Did notice the net looks better than years past, and the arm sleeve with rubberband is long overdue.
Lol I noticed that too. At least the players are looking at the ball though.

# 36 2kballa4life @ 06/30/11 07:08 PM
I like the screenshot. Most of it looks great so far. If Dirk is on point this year as he looks to be, then maybe Durant will be lanky this year to. Faces look great though. I'd be interested to see what kind of contact happens on that drive by Dirk. Notice the crowd though? That definitely needs some attention, haha.

2 Things I'm hoping for most:

1) Authentic body types.

2) Better non-icon passing mechanics.

# 37 Mr_Riddick @ 06/30/11 07:24 PM
I think theyve redone the socks also, or us it just me?

# 38 Ike04 @ 06/30/11 07:25 PM
great looking pic. seems like they have got it all down even to the rubber band on d-wade's wrist. the lighting also looks better. and while the fans do kinda look a little generic (they all look like the same person) i like how they are all wearing blue for the mavs. maybe they could add player specific jerseys to the crowd, but idk. maybe thats asking for too much. if this pic is any indication, 2k12 looks like it will be a great game.

# 39 aloncho11 @ 06/30/11 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
I think theyve redone the socks also, or us it just me?
Yep. Seems like they got rid of the "Kleenex" sock texture from 2K11...

# 40 Mike Smoove @ 06/30/11 08:01 PM
Colors look faded, need to be more alive

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.