Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Destructoid has posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
The on-the-fly commentators are perhaps the most impressive to date in a sports sim. Not only do they call the game, but they inject history and stories about the players into their commentary. I think the aspect that blew me away the most was when one of the announcers was discussing Shaq's retirement and was interrupted when Ewing threw down a monster jam. Instead of just moving on, he actually went back to the thought and continued the story seamlessly when the action on the court resumed a more natural pace.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 blingballa333 @ 08/25/11 12:57 AM
Another one......wow.

# 2 XenoZograscope @ 08/25/11 01:01 AM
Man the updates just keep flooding in I see, nice info.

# 3 williskb24 @ 08/25/11 01:23 AM
Wait the Kings don’t get a rival squad? I would assume that means the Lakers are featured too?

# 4 williskb24 @ 08/25/11 01:24 AM
''01-02 lakers"

# 5 coolcras7 @ 08/25/11 01:26 AM
Another positive review, 2k is on a roll.

# 6 LM1213 @ 08/25/11 02:48 AM
october 4th, somehow just got further away

# 7 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 08/25/11 03:55 AM
nba 2k juts keeps on getting better and better

# 8 sportjames23 @ 08/25/11 04:12 AM
Dammit, Oct. 4th, why aren't you here already?

# 9 clipperfan811 @ 08/25/11 05:31 AM
It's nice that most of these previews keep letting new little details slip. Slowly we seem to be piecing together what this gem might be like. I can't wait to hear the new 3 man team.

# 10 TreyIM2 @ 08/25/11 06:24 AM
Read all the reviews and I have to say, I am not hearing anything that excites me about true improvements to the game. 2K just continues to be a one trick pony with this game, focusing mostly on aesthetics. Adding the legends is cool and all bit again, not an improvement to the game, per se. Personally, I need more of a connection through the controls to my players, not just visuals. NBA2K has everything else going for it, to me. Wish EA didn't, uhh, drop the ball with trying to 'revolutionize' how we play bball vid games or, at the very least, 2K woulda tried to incorporate what EA tried to do.

# 11 chackett12 @ 08/25/11 09:13 AM
anybody else wanna see Wade or Kobe jump up on the scorers table after a game winner...? I do.

# 12 drlw322 @ 08/25/11 09:14 AM
All he talks about is playing the greatest mode, nothing about gameplay.

# 13 Mos1ted @ 08/25/11 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Read all the reviews and I have to say, I am not hearing anything that excites me about true improvements to the game. 2K just continues to be a one trick pony with this game, focusing mostly on aesthetics. Adding the legends is cool and all bit again, not an improvement to the game, per se. Personally, I need more of a connection through the controls to my players, not just visuals. NBA2K has everything else going for it, to me. Wish EA didn't, uhh, drop the ball with trying to 'revolutionize' how we play bball vid games or, at the very least, 2K woulda tried to incorporate what EA tried to do.
But 2K is trying to incorporate what EA tried to do. In case you didn't get the memo, NBA 2K12 will feature a real-time physics engine similar to what NBA Elite 11 was going to have. Just because none of the early previews have touched on gameplay specifically doesn't mean that gameplay improvements aren't in the cards. 2K probably has an embargo from publications discussing that portion of the improvements until the gameplay dev insights start rolling around.

# 14 KyotoCarl @ 08/25/11 11:13 AM
Quote:
These are not reviews they are previews. Nothing has been mentioned about gameplay yet so don't give up hope.

They have improved gameplay year over year though. 2K11 was better than 2K10 and it seems to be same with 2K12.

# 15 Da_Czar @ 08/25/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
TREY my brother you already know that you will need to play the demo and get your own hands on 12 to see if its right for you.

No other person's words will let you know if the movement and control is what you need.

That said hardcore info comes out closer to release. So they start with the Big modes and then get to things that will reach a more specific audience.

There are some dam nice gameplay improvements that may not be apparent from the videos. But we still won't hear about those for awhile.

Remember were the only group that reads every preview. From the companies perspective each preview reaches a different audience. So you want to make sure everyone is hearing the same message.

Those who did the previews were not locked in a room to play all day or given a complete tour of the game( assumption based on previous experience)

So there is only so much they can tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 08/25/11 04:47 PM
U know, I for

# 17 TreyIM2 @ 08/25/11 04:59 PM
What I was tryna say before sumthin weird happened on my EVO - U know, I did forget about the new physics engine and I did say a while back how maybe it can fix what I feel are bad controls. I still want right stick dribbling but I'll have to see how things playout next yr when EA gets back into the fray. I wanna see if 2K will reveal r-stick dribbling knowing EA will most likely gotten their NBA joint on track, possibly with a vengeance.
However, back to these previews, there is nary any excitement in regards to the physics in any of them. One mentions them the most but I didn't get any excitement jumping off the screen when I read it. These all seem like status quo breakdown previews and I DO understand they are just previews and I KNOW what previews but previews are a good measure of what to expect. That is their purpose, right.

# 18 TreyIM2 @ 08/25/11 05:05 PM
Dern EVO....Anyway, Czar has it right - Get dem hands on it for myself which is also status quo for me, at least when it comes to the demos. 2K11 disappointed me, heavily. We'll see...

# 19 qpc123 @ 08/25/11 05:30 PM
You can map the dribble move to the right stick by switching to controller setup Alternate B. I used to play that way before I joined the shot stick revolution.

# 20 SonicMage @ 08/25/11 07:20 PM
I noticed that the player that is guarding Bill Russell's hook shot in the top photo is Darrall Imhoff, who was also guarding Wilt the night he had his 100 point game.

Sounds like a classic team scenario to mod into the game to me.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.